Every Reformed Systematic Theology Work Online

Ask Mr. Religion
Site Founder

September 30th, 2015, 8:11 pm #1

Nice:

"For your reading pleasure, below is a link to every major reformed systematic theology available online since the Reformation (that could reasonably be found by a fallible human being, etc.). (I'm sure I missed a few, if so feel free to link more below). The list is currently around 105 authors, in chronological order. You can also view them in alphabetical order by author. There is a link to half a dozen or so reformed Baptist systematic theologies as well."

http://reformedbooksonline.com/topics/t ... es-online/
AMR (a.k.a. Patrick)
Do You Confess?
Faculty PRBS
My Randomata Blog

St_Worm2
St_Worm2

September 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm #2

Ask Mr. Religion:23046 wrote:Nice:

"For your reading pleasure, below is a link to every major reformed systematic theology available online since the Reformation (that could reasonably be found by a fallible human being, etc.). (I'm sure I missed a few, if so feel free to link more below). The list is currently around 105 authors, in chronological order. You can also view them in alphabetical order by author. There is a link to half a dozen or so reformed Baptist systematic theologies as well."

http://reformedbooksonline.com/topics/t ... es-online/
Wonderful! Thanks Patrick  :kudopost:

DrWhofan1
Inactive Account
DrWhofan1
Inactive Account

October 2nd, 2015, 11:26 am #3

WOW!

Enough material to make sure any of us would be able to really understand and know what reformed Theology is...

DrWhofan1
Inactive Account
DrWhofan1
Inactive Account

October 5th, 2015, 2:54 pm #4

Just curious as to how and why you came from understanding the scriptures as you once did, to now a more reformed view?

Ask Mr. Religion
Site Founder

October 20th, 2015, 6:57 pm #5

Now adding every reformed commentary on the Bible to the site:

http://reformedbooksonline.com/commenta ... mentaries/
AMR (a.k.a. Patrick)
Do You Confess?
Faculty PRBS
My Randomata Blog

Ask Mr. Religion
Site Founder

March 28th, 2016, 6:45 pm #6

Just added are all the English commentaries of the Scottish Covenanters:

http://reformedbooksonline.com/all-of-t ... venanters/
AMR (a.k.a. Patrick)
Do You Confess?
Faculty PRBS
My Randomata Blog

Markus Leoninus
Sustaining Member
Markus Leoninus
Sustaining Member

July 13th, 2018, 4:47 am #7

The Reformed Books Online site is a very good one. I much appreciate that it provides links to all the important Reformed writers of yesteryear. The Reformed heritage is rich beyond compare, In my humble opinion, and no one should think that if it's old it is irrelevant or outdated. Indeed, I find often that if something is new, it lacks the theological and practical depth of the older writers. The older guys can be a tough read at times, but they are worth the effort. 

Links to the Reformers, the Puritans, for instance, and even to some great Dutch writers is what makes this site stand out.

A great feature of this site is that it often gives short reviews of volumes linked. On many of the commentaries a snippet from Spurgeon appears. Spurgeon, I find, is always priceless. I guess I'm a bit of a "fanboy" of his, but whether he was preaching, writing his own commentaries, or reviewing the material of others, he delivered in spades. Pick up Spurgeon on the Psalms (The Treasury of David) and you really won't need another commentary on that book. Yet Spurgeon tells of many other solid writers on the poetical books beside his own. 
Spurgeon was always straightforward and honest in his appraisals. If there was something he perceived to be amiss by an author, he never shied away from pointing this out. He was also very gracious, however, and clearly looked for the good in a commentator. If it was there, Spurgeon would mention it.

Otherwise the person who put together the Reformed Books Online site makes his own observations, and these are quite helpful, also. If you read them he can let you know in advance about weaknesses or novelties in a given author or volume. Very nice, since you are not jolted by surprise or disappointment later.

By and large the books linked are solid. You could read nothing but what is offered on this site and develop a profound grasp, by God's grace, of all the great doctrines of the faith.
Beware of phony Calvinists, Pharisees that thumb the nose, willfully blind to their own profound wretchedness.

Reformed Baptist
Leading Member
Reformed Baptist
Leading Member

July 13th, 2018, 7:15 am #8

Too often today people don't view 'growing in understanding' as something that takes hard work - reading a puritan is not always an enjoyable exercise, often it is a labour (I recall a page and half in Fairburn without a full stop/ period). However hardwork pays off and the more effort we put in the more we grow - work at the puritans, and if you have to read a page 5 times to get it, read it five times :D  
"George Whitefield said, "We are all born Arminians." It is grace that turns us into Calvinists." Spurgeon

BruceMcInnes

July 14th, 2018, 2:51 pm #9

Greatly appreciate these esteemed resources! I only pray that I have enough time to study these books and share them with others.