Northern Mariana Islands

China, Guam, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, South Korea, Taiwan
Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

July 25th, 2014, 5:15 am #51

Apparently, Iran were behind the creation of CAFF because of disputes with the (otherwise Arabic-speaking) WAFF.

What I meant was a Central Asian FEDERATION is to be created, and Iran will join (leaving the West Asian FEDERATION).

I think it makes sense for the 6 nations to join CAFF, as otherwise, 4 of their national teams have no regional championship to play in.
Quote
Like
Share

SDb
Joined: January 24th, 2013, 5:10 am

July 25th, 2014, 2:17 pm #52

I've always thought Central Asian teams should join SAFF. If Afghanistan depart it will weaken SAFF even further I think. However a joint championship between Central and South Asia could be interesting. Sort of like between CECAFA/COSAFA.
www.soccer-db.info - football internationals
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

July 25th, 2014, 7:06 pm #53

I think it makes sense to stick with the Olympic regions. The Central Asian Games (for example) exists or existed, as do the South Asian Games. I don't think Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan have anything to gain from playing weak South Asian teams. There is no rivalry there. However, there is a lot of rivalry among 'the stans' and also Iran. The inclusion of Kazakhstan would have made it stronger, but they've committed themselves to Europe. Personally, I think it's a decent sub-confederation. Iran and Uzbekistan are 2 strong teams (the presence of Uzbekistan would ensure Iran sent a competitive team), and the other 4 teams can be competitive on their day. I don't think the Central Asian teams have much to learn from South Asian teams. If anything, if they were going to merge with another region, the CAFF would be much better joining WAFF than SAFF.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

July 26th, 2014, 5:40 am #54

Iran has plenty of experience in playing other teams from Asia, but they do not manage to arrange many matches against good opposition from Europe or South America so I suppose that would be the focus of their A national team. Tournaments like WAFF or any proposed CAFF are nowadays more about experimenting or preparing Olympic teams.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 19th, 2013, 7:41 am

September 1st, 2014, 11:52 am #55

Gotta love facebook. A good source for old football results and information in general.
In the 1980´s the FA at the time was called "Marianas Soccer Association". Presdient was Kim An Young.
I believe this was the FA which was associated OFC member as well as the FA that had the intention to send a team to the 1983 South Pacific Games but withdrew.

Season 1981 (ended in February)
1. "Saipanese"
2. Inter-Con
3. "Korean Team"
4. Garapan
5. Tanapag

Season 1982/83
known results:

InterCon over Chinese by forfeit (Team Chinese didn´t have enough players)

Garapan - Chinese 11:0 
3 goals by John Wayne(not joking :)
2 goals Dennis Camacho
2 goals Ike Taitano
2 goals Vidal Camacho
1 goal Inos Yamada
1 goal Mark Camacho

20.12.81
Korea Soccer Victory - Saipanese 3:6 (3:1 halftime)
1 goal Moon Sae Chang    1 goal Norman Palacios
1 goal Hong Song Chan     1 goal Leo Mendiola
1 goal Chang Whan Jang    2 goals Oscar Pangelinan
                                          1 goal Lucio Aldan
                                           1 goal Pete Fejeran

Korea Soccer Victory - InterCon 3:2 (2:1 halftime)
1 goal Kim Jin Young          2 goals Mehadi
1 goal Kim Kwang Young
1 goal Kim An Young

Garapan over Chines by forfeit


Major´s Cup Soccer League 
Team standings as of 27.12.81
    Team                             won    loss
1. Saipanese                        4         0
2. Garapan Kickers             3         1
3. Korea Soccer Victory     2          2
4. InterCon                         1          3
5. Chinese    0          5


There was also a tournament called Y´s Islanders Tournament.
It was organised by the Saipan Soccer Association (president Kim An Young).
I believe the Saipan Soccer Association and the Marianas Soccer Association were the same.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 19th, 2013, 7:41 am

September 1st, 2014, 12:04 pm #56

Following resulst are from an unknown tournament probably the league but the year is unclear.
The Islanders - Village Boys
1 goal Leo Mendiola

The Saipanese - Garapan Kickers 7:1 (2:0 halftime)
1 goal Elias Mailti        1 goal Ike Tatiano
1 goal Nick Aldan
2 goals Leo Mendiola
1 goal Joe Duenas
1 Nick Aldan
1 John Faisao
InterCon - Kamikazi 8:1
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

September 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm #57

Leo Mendiola also trialled for the 2007 NMI team to play vs Guam, but was injured during training shortly before the final selection... assuming it was the same player that is quite a remarkable longevity.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 19th, 2013, 7:41 am

September 1st, 2014, 2:45 pm #58

Yes and right now he is in Palau and plays there in the league. I´ve also read he is from the Marshall Islands. Considering his age football must have some kind of backround in the Marshall Islands as well when he started playing.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

September 1st, 2014, 5:09 pm #59

This guy is everywhere in all eras.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

September 5th, 2014, 8:54 pm #60

He is the one.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

September 5th, 2014, 8:55 pm #61

If he moves into sports administration he will be the new Napoleon Spitz.
If he moves into politics he will be the new Kim Il Sung.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

October 16th, 2014, 9:05 pm #62

jonny wrote:
The Northern Mariana Islands Football Association (NMIFA) resigned from the Oceania Football Confederation in June 2009, paving the way to join AFC. 
The funny thing about this is that the NMIFA was never a member of OFC in the first place. 
It was an earlier federation (NMISF  or NMSF) which had joined the OFC in 1983 as an associate member, but apparently didn't do anything internationally until the 1998 Micronesian Games.
The NMIFA was founded in 2005.
The relevant paragraph from the 1985 Asia & Oceania Football Handbook (by Paul Moon & Peter Burns):"Northern Marianas Soccer FederationPresident Juan I. Tenorio."A national association which does not field a team or organise local competitions, the Northern Marianas Soccer Federation must be unique in world football.  Having become an Associate Member of the Oceanian Football Confederation in 1983, Northern Marianas, presumably, does have external aspirations and the casual nature of domestic matches could be formalised without too many difficulties - if the NMSF displays energy which has not been evident to date."
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 9th, 2011, 2:58 pm

September 22nd, 2017, 3:35 pm #63

I post an interesting video showing the Northern Mariana Islands over their match against the Federated States of Micronesia, almost surely from the 1999 Micronesian Cup. The match begins at minute 32:46

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 19th, 2017, 11:09 am #64

Interesting articles here regarding NMIs bid to become a member of FIFA. The United States is giving full support to do it, and the AFC have backed them completely.

That’s huge having an entire confederation back the NMIs bid. In my opinion, I think they are going to be admitted. But it’s fifa so who really knows.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017 ... vernments/

https://www.saipantribune.com/index.php ... embership/
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

December 19th, 2017, 1:01 pm #65

Good if NMI get in - but of course, the usual nonsense-spouting from "high-ranking FIFA official".

“Gilbratar [sic] is a small country with a small population, probably smaller than the CNMI, but they were admitted to FIFA because they have a strong program and have been consistently competing internationally,” Chung said.

Gibraltar isn't a country.  Neither is CNMI.
They were admitted to FIFA after an extensive series of court cases.
They hadn't been competing internationally as they weren't allowed to until 2014.
CNMI has been competing internationally for longer, but mainly on a regional basis (EAFF).
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 19th, 2017, 1:49 pm #66

TheRoonBa wrote: Good if NMI get in - but of course, the usual nonsense-spouting from "high-ranking FIFA official".

“Gilbratar [sic] is a small country with a small population, probably smaller than the CNMI, but they were admitted to FIFA because they have a strong program and have been consistently competing internationally,” Chung said.

Gibraltar isn't a country.  Neither is CNMI.
They were admitted to FIFA after an extensive series of court cases.
They hadn't been competing internationally as they weren't allowed to until 2014.
CNMI has been competing internationally for longer, but mainly on a regional basis (EAFF).
Exactly. Incredible how these high ranking officials don’t know the difference between what is and isn’t a country.

I’m 100% excited for CMNI if they get into FIFA and personally think it would be amazing. However, if CMNI gets in, then there’s no reason Tuvalu, Kiribati, and Micronesia shouldn’t get in. I understand CMNI are more active than those other three listed. But those three are actual countries, and am sure they would be more active if they had the money to actually do it. So stupid how FIFA doesn’t realize that point. Or they realize it and are basically pointing a gun at their heads
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 19th, 2017, 3:34 pm #67

Eagles19 wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote: “Gilbratar [sic] is a small country with a small population, probably smaller than the CNMI, but they were admitted to FIFA because they have a strong program and have been consistently competing internationally,” Chung said.
Exactly. Incredible how these high ranking officials don’t know the difference between what is and isn’t a country.
That was only about the 3rd stupidest part of the quote.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 19th, 2017, 3:36 pm #68

Eagles19 wrote:However, if CMNI gets in, then there’s no reason Tuvalu, Kiribati, and Micronesia shouldn’t get in. I understand CMNI are more active than those other three listed. But those three are actual countries, and am sure they would be more active if they had the money to actually do it.
What's the point of saying that, when you already know that that isn't how it works?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 19th, 2017, 4:17 pm #69

nfm24 wrote:
Eagles19 wrote:However, if CMNI gets in, then there’s no reason Tuvalu, Kiribati, and Micronesia shouldn’t get in. I understand CMNI are more active than those other three listed. But those three are actual countries, and am sure they would be more active if they had the money to actually do it.
What's the point of saying that, when you already know that that isn't how it works?
Because this is a forum and I was giving my opinion
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 19th, 2017, 8:12 pm #70

Eagles19 wrote:
nfm24 wrote:
Eagles19 wrote:However, if CMNI gets in, then there’s no reason Tuvalu, Kiribati, and Micronesia shouldn’t get in. I understand CMNI are more active than those other three listed. But those three are actual countries, and am sure they would be more active if they had the money to actually do it.
What's the point of saying that, when you already know that that isn't how it works?
Because this is a forum and I was giving my opinion
Saying "there's no reason" is not giving an opinion, it's stating an assertion.    Your opinion is that FIFA should accept independent countries by default, regardless of what happens to CNMI.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

December 21st, 2017, 7:14 pm #71

Tuvalu has been almost as active as CNMI in terms of senior men's national team matches - but CNMI has also played women's and youth internationals.  Tuvalu, on the other hand, has played men's futsal national team matches, which CNMI has yet to do.  Neither has played beach soccer to date.

CNMI benefits from an active "subconfederational" scene (EAFF) with rich member countries who can offer assistance (Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, etc...).

I think a 3-division structure would be nice for the OFC.  This would keep the national teams active (every 2 years would be fine, in 1 central venue - 3 or 4 matches per team).  A 3rd division could be for territories outside OFC to encourage development with an ultimate aim of accepting them into the OFC fold.

Division 1: Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tahiti
Division 2: Samoa, Cook Islands, Tonga, American Samoa, Tuvalu, Kiribati
Division 3: Niue, Wallis & Futuna, Micronesia, Palau, Nauru, Marshall Islands

Not sure where New Zealand would fit in.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 21st, 2017, 7:24 pm #72

New Zealand needs to join AFC, like it tried to do before.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 22nd, 2017, 8:33 am #73

nfm24 wrote:
Eagles19 wrote:
nfm24 wrote:
What's the point of saying that, when you already know that that isn't how it works?
Because this is a forum and I was giving my opinion
Saying "there's no reason" is not giving an opinion, it's stating an assertion.    Your opinion is that FIFA should accept independent countries by default, regardless of what happens to CNMI.
You took what I said literally (my fault bc it’s text) but I do see your point. I don’t see the problem with me giving an opinion or assertion as this is a public forum.

However, I’m not saying they should just “automatically” accept them all if CMNI gets accepted. As Roonba said, Tuvalu are almost as active as CMNI are. Which is amazing considering CMNI get AFC and EAFF funding while Tuvalu gets nothing ( or very little) at best.

CMNI has been able to grow as much as they have because they are dedicated AND most importantly, because of the funding they have received. Tuvalu and Kiribati have shown how dedicated they are, they just need funding to grow similar to how CMNI has.

And yeah, I (personally) don’t think it’s fair that a commonwealth of the US would get in over literal independent, UN Nations. (Although I would be absolutely ecstatic if CMNI gets admitted).

I admit I should have been more specific in my previous post for sure. I didn’t mean to say there’s no reason they shouldn’t be admitted. What I meant was, if CMNI gets admitted, there’s no reason FIFA and these FAs can’t start a conversation. In terms of Tuvalu Kiribati Micronesia, FIFA has practically gone into hiding and rarely give them any guidance, direction, and even answers. I’m saying there’s no reason FIFA can’t do that. These nations deserve guidance, and answers.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 22nd, 2017, 8:42 am #74

nfm24 wrote: New Zealand needs to join AFC, like it tried to do before.
Completely agree with that. I 99.99% don’t see it happening though since OFC starts to receive an automatic World Cup bid in 2026.

But if they wanted to be respective and test themselves (ex: Australia), they should absolutely join AFC. Surely they would still have a decent chance of qualifying if there 9/10 spots open starting in 2026. Is worked out so far with Australia
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 22nd, 2017, 8:53 am #75

TheRoonBa wrote:

I think a 3-division structure would be nice for the OFC.  This would keep the national teams active (every 2 years would be fine, in 1 central venue - 3 or 4 matches per team).  A 3rd division could be for territories outside OFC to encourage development with an ultimate aim of accepting them into the OFC fold.

Division 1: Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tahiti
Division 2: Samoa, Cook Islands, Tonga, American Samoa, Tuvalu, Kiribati
Division 3: Niue, Wallis & Futuna, Micronesia, Palau, Nauru, Marshall Islands

Not sure where New Zealand would fit in.
That’s a really great idea Roonba. That would be amazing and I think it would really promote development and strengthen soccer in the Oceania region.

As for New Zealand, they obviously would need to be in Tier One. I guess Tier One would have to either have Seven Teams or you could have 8 teams by adding Samoa to the mix. That would leave 5 in Tier 2 (could do a round robin containing four games for each team).

After each cycle, the worst in Tier One gets regelated and the best in Tier 2 gets promoted. (Same with Tier 2/Tier3)

Would give the smaller nations in Tier Two a chance to develop and compete against the “big boys” of the region.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

December 22nd, 2017, 8:54 am #76

I think Tuvalu, Kiribati and Niue (as OFC associates) DO get some funding and help from the OFC itself.  I seem to remember an OFC official coming out publicly to state this (after receiving criticism that they weren't doing enough).

In terms of "possible FIFA members", OFC probably has the most that have "no problem with status" (Kiribati, Niue, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Marshall Islands).  These 7 becoming members of FIFA would take up membership of FIFA in the OFC region from 11 to 18 (an over 60% increase), and increase the OFC's voting power within FIFA.

But perhaps the OFC itself doesn't have enough money to develop these places enough such that they would qualify for membership - the travel issues and costs in the OFC region are quite unique.  I'm not sure FIFA is under any obligation to develop football in places that are not even affiliated to a confederation.

Here is the OFC's reaction to criticism about not helping Tuvalu:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-18/o ... id/5163998
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 22nd, 2017, 9:00 am #77

TheRoonBa wrote: I think Tuvalu, Kiribati and Niue (as OFC associates) DO get some funding and help from the OFC itself.  I seem to remember an OFC official coming out publicly to state this (after receiving criticism that they weren't doing enough).

In terms of "possible FIFA members", OFC probably has the most that have "no problem with status" (Kiribati, Niue, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Marshall Islands).  These 7 becoming members of FIFA would take up membership of FIFA in the OFC region from 11 to 18 (an over 60% increase), and increase the OFC's voting power within FIFA.

But perhaps the OFC itself doesn't have enough money to develop these places enough such that they would qualify for membership - the travel issues and costs in the OFC region are quite unique.  I'm not sure FIFA is under any obligation to develop football in places that are not even affiliated to a confederation.
They do receive funding from OFC? I didn’t know that (makes sense as they are associate members). I don’t know how much, but I would predict and expect CMNI gets a lot more funding thru both AFC and EAFF.

I think your right on about OFC not having enough money. I just think that’s where FIFA needs to step in and give them a higher percentage for developmental purposes.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

December 22nd, 2017, 9:32 am #78

But, in the OFC Activity Report of 2015 (the most recent available online), the single mention of Kiribati and Tuvalu concerns a cyclone (nothing to do with football), and Niue isn't mentioned at all...

Also, in a map of their region, they've seemingly mixed up Cook Islands with the Gambier Islands in French Polynesia (the pink aeroplane is over the Cook Islands). Tahiti should be furthest east surely?  The distance from Tonga to the Gambier Islands (i.e. what is shown on the map) is actually 4,100 km, not 1,600 (which is the distance from Tonga to Cook Islands).  In any case - a poor map if its purpose is to explain the geography of their region...

OFCACTIVITY.png
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 22nd, 2017, 9:35 am #79

Eagles19 wrote:I don’t see the problem with me giving an opinion or assertion as this is a public forum.
No problem at all.  I just asked "what's the point..." because, as an assertion, your comment conflicted with information you clearly already knew, judging from other posts/topics.

I don't disagree with the idea that FIFA should be actively recruiting the remaining unaffiliated independent countries, instead of making it hard for them to join.  I would just add that there are valid reasons for being careful to make it a rigourous process - this is where I think FIFA need to help the small islands, rather than wait for them to "get it right" on their own.

What I meant was, if CMNI gets admitted, there’s no reason FIFA and these FAs can’t start a conversation.  ... These nations deserve guidance, and answers.
Fully agree.  But also, if CNMI does not get admitted, the same still applies.   Except in the cases where there isn't actually an FA to converse with.  But even there, I'd like to see FIFA actively working to develop infrastructure, rather than wait for it to emerge unaided.

On the OFC associate member issue, more recent info was provided by Sascha on the "Uncharted Football" thread. 
Essentially along the lines that associate membership of the OFC was actually worse than being totally unaffiliated.
Whereas by contrast, as you said, CNMI is very well supported within the EAFF.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 22nd, 2017, 9:48 am #80

“No problem at all. I just asked "what's the point..." because, as an assertion, your comment conflicted with information you clearly already knew, judging from other posts/topics.”

Oh no problem I totally understand where your coming from now. What I said in previous posts completely contradicted what I’m saying now for sure. Glad you brought that to my attention
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 13th, 2017, 8:43 am

December 22nd, 2017, 10:01 am #81

“Fully agree.  But also, if CNMI does not get admitted, the same still applies.   Except in the cases where there isn't actually an FA to converse with.  But even there, I'd like to see FIFA actively working to develop infrastructure, rather than wait for it to emerge unaided.”

Exactly, I totally agree with that. I can understand them not being in contact with someone like Niue because they are in no way active in the footballing world. But teams like Tuvalu and Kiribati are pretty active. There’s no way they are going to be able to build a hotel or stadium themselves. I’m not saying FIFA should build them hotels, but FIFA could maybe make an exception such as giving them guidance or admitting them under the restriction that they aren’t allowed to host anything. (Ex: Gibraltar, Syria, Yemen, etc...)

When do you see teams like America Samoa and the Cook Islands hosting anything or even having friendlies there. Fifa could easily, in my opinion, put turf in Tuvalu and Kiribati stadium, so they could atleast have a field to play on. Instead of Tuvalu practicing on a runway and Kiribati practicing on sand.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

December 22nd, 2017, 1:45 pm #82

American Samoa has never played a match at home in their 19 years of FIFA membership (or before this) - so clearly this excuse of the OFC: "if we say to Tuvalu, can you accommodate visiting teams?" is nonsense.  They've never asked their existing members to host tournaments if they are not able, so why start now?

Tuvalu already has a 20-room hotel, 100 metres from the airport, and most of the rooms are classed as "semi-deluxe".  There are various other lodges, apartments, hotels, etc., throughout the islands.

There are 7 of those listed here:
http://www.timelesstuvalu.com/accommodation

Surely that would be enough at least for them to host a single match or a small 4-team tournament?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 23rd, 2017, 10:40 am #83

The clauses about hotels and stadiums are obviously unfair expectations of the smallest countries/territories like Tuvalu, and arguably against poor countries in general. 

They are not necessarily unfair clauses in principle.  It is a good intention to try to impose some sort of standard level of accommodation for visiting teams/officials, and standard level of pitch/stadium quality/safety etc, as these have been hugely variable over the history of international football.  However these clauses need caveats for countries which have no chance of meeting them - the clauses should not be factors in blocking new members.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 31st, 2006, 5:16 pm

December 23rd, 2017, 3:52 pm #84

I'm not entirely sure the accommodation on, say, the Cook Islands or American Samoa, is THAT much better than it is in on Tuvalu.  "Semi-deluxe" sounds good enough for the likes of the players of Tonga or Samoa - are they used to anything better?  Do they have primadonnas who would complain about the water in the showers being 0.5 degrees colder than they are used to?

Judging by the stories about women's national teams we've heard lately, FIFA isn't too bothered where teams stay anyway.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2007, 12:28 pm

December 23rd, 2017, 7:00 pm #85

TheRoonBa wrote:"Semi-deluxe" sounds good enough for the likes of the players of Tonga or Samoa ...

Judging by the stories about women's national teams we've heard lately, FIFA isn't too bothered where teams stay anyway.
Well who is to say that the players of Tonga deserve less than the players of Barcelona?   FIFA would argue that the standards need to be universal.

Yes FIFA clearly isn't too bothered about the reality on the ground.  It seems more bothered about making conditions, than necessarily enforcing them.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 4th, 2011, 6:46 am

December 24th, 2017, 10:00 am #86

nfm24 wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:"Semi-deluxe" sounds good enough for the likes of the players of Tonga or Samoa ...

Judging by the stories about women's national teams we've heard lately, FIFA isn't too bothered where teams stay anyway.
Well who is to say that the players of Tonga deserve less than the players of Barcelona?   FIFA would argue that the standards need to be universal.
One of those tricky ones really, in theory they should be standardised (and I agree that player x doesn't 'deserve less' than player y just because of their quality/gender) but reality obviously doesn't allow that (the quality part anyway), it should definitely be done under some kind of "if that's the best you can manage" clause.

If nothing else when someone like Germany play away to someone like Kosovo, they're presumably having to stay in a lower-quality setup than they might like anyway, perhaps it's not so much a case of 'deserving less', but more the fact Tonga's neighbours aren't able to provide such facilities as easily, and the rules should be flexible enough to accommodate that (pun intended).
Quote
Like
Share