Indonesia

Australia, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam

Indonesia

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

21 Feb 2008, 19:20 #1

1951 Burma-Indonesia 4-1 (Asian Games)
Singapore-Indonesia 1-4
1953
Filipines-Indonesia 0-5
Hongkong-Indonesia 1-4
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

01 Mar 2008, 15:59 #2

Why are the matches of Java and Celebes (Sulawesi) not in the Indonesia section ? They both played Australia....
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

01 Mar 2008, 16:38 #3

According to http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Socceroo/Socceroo.html, the matches were played by Australia 'B'. They also played against Singapore and Chinese in Malaysia. However, I think they count them as 'B' matches just because Australia played against non-national teams - so I'll try to add the relvant matches.
Reply
Like

Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 19:58

01 Apr 2014, 09:10 #4

This is a historic picture: the Indonesian National team that took part in the 1996 Asian Nations Cup. This was their first appearance in the continental competition.
Source: Guerin Sportivo number 3 from 1997.
Reply
Like

SDb
Joined: 24 Jan 2013, 10:10

08 Jun 2015, 17:18 #5

Indonesia suspended by FIFA. No competitive matches for them until 2020 earliest?
www.soccer-db.info - football internationals
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

24 Jul 2016, 13:30 #6

is the suspension lifted? they seem to play some games in the near future....so I suppose they will play the Asia Cup qualifications...?
Reply
Like

SDb
Joined: 24 Jan 2013, 10:10

29 Jul 2016, 23:40 #7

Indonesia ban was lifted in May. AFC Cup qualifiers are already ongoing. Don't think they will be given an entry this late.
www.soccer-db.info - football internationals
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

19 Nov 2017, 21:30 #8

SDb wrote: Indonesia ban was lifted in May. AFC Cup qualifiers are already ongoing. Don't think they will be given an entry this late.
Tsunami cup: just one day?
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

21 Nov 2017, 13:13 #9

is it Indonesia -23 that will play? to prepare asian games 2018?
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

22 Nov 2017, 18:08 #10

fixtures are now available....on one site there was also a Aceh selection mentioned, but they do not play...
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

23 Nov 2017, 12:26 #11

Also Kyrgyzstan U-23 are playing.

Indonesia will use Asian Games squad (U-23 plus 3 senior players).
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

23 Nov 2017, 16:43 #12

Incidentally, FIFA will count all matches as A-matches.  The forms they received were for Tier 1 matches.  Kyrgyzstan state quite clearly on their website that they will not use their A team, and Indonesia have also made it clear they will use their Asian Games team.  

But it's what it says on the forms that counts ;-) 

I wonder if Indonesia will backtrack if their U-23 team fails to beat Brunei and Mongolia?
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

23 Nov 2017, 17:26 #13

TheRoonBa wrote: Incidentally, FIFA will count all matches as A-matches.  The forms they received were for Tier 1 matches.  Kyrgyzstan state quite clearly on their website that they will not use their A team, and Indonesia have also made it clear they will use their Asian Games team.  

But it's what it says on the forms that counts ;-) 

I wonder if Indonesia will backtrack if their U-23 team fails to beat Brunei and Mongolia?
the team that plays Guyana is the A-team?
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:28

24 Nov 2017, 09:43 #14

TheRoonBa wrote:But it's what it says on the forms that counts ;-)
Please send me a blank form, and I will fill it out saying that Scotland have qualified for the World Cup, and will play Brunei in the final.
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

24 Nov 2017, 14:21 #15

pieter wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote: Incidentally, FIFA will count all matches as A-matches.  The forms they received were for Tier 1 matches.  Kyrgyzstan state quite clearly on their website that they will not use their A team, and Indonesia have also made it clear they will use their Asian Games team.  

But it's what it says on the forms that counts ;-) 

I wonder if Indonesia will backtrack if their U-23 team fails to beat Brunei and Mongolia?
the team that plays Guyana is the A-team?
They sent Tier 1 forms to FIFA for the match - any team that does this, the match is counted as an A-match...

The thing is - I am not sure Kyrgyzstan realise these matches are being counted as A-matches, otherwise I am not sure they would have sent their U-23 team...
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

24 Nov 2017, 14:24 #16

nfm24 wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:But it's what it says on the forms that counts ;-)
Please send me a blank form, and I will fill it out saying that Scotland have qualified for the World Cup, and will play Brunei in the final.
I think it would be safer if you just said that Scotland had won the World Cup.  Brunei in a neutral venue is a potential banana skin.
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:28

24 Nov 2017, 15:28 #17

Good point, I'll bribe the ref to give us a couple of penalties.
Reply
Like

Joined: 04 Jul 2011, 10:46

24 Nov 2017, 17:09 #18

The mere fact that the match listing has the word "Scotland" without the word "Group" anywhere would raise suspicion way before any dodgy penalties...
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:28

25 Nov 2017, 01:21 #19

No, the FIFA employees are mostly Swiss, so they will just mindlessly follow what the form says and not impose any ideas or morals of their own.
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

06 Dec 2017, 11:52 #20

why is Mongolia-Brunei cancelled? the only full international....
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 12:58

06 Dec 2017, 12:39 #21

According to mongolianfootball, the whole tournament was for olympic teams (rather than U-23).
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

06 Dec 2017, 18:55 #22

is the match cancelled (why?) or postponed?
Reply
Like


Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

06 Dec 2017, 19:14 #24

Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

07 Dec 2017, 13:55 #25

Also, it seems the tournament regulations mean it was entirely for U-23 + senior players (according to the same website).  However, Brunei started with 6 players over 23 against Indonesia, so I'm not sure that is true.  Mongolia seem to have left a few regular players at home (as mentioned on the same site - ostensibly because of the U-23 regulations).
Reply
Like

Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 16:49

11 Jan 2018, 15:49 #26

what kind of team was the Indonesian select that played Iceland today?
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

11 Jan 2018, 16:04 #27

It seems to have been a selection of players selected by fans, if I have read correctly.

"The Indonesian Selection Team has a selection of players selected by fans from various clubs in Indonesia. They are certainly quality players, "said assistant coach Iceland, Helge Kolvidsson."

It appears to be a selection of fringe players (national team players who haven't played for a few years, and U-23 players).

Rivky Mokodompit - U23 national team
Zulkifli Syukur - last cap in 2014
Maman Abdurrahman - last cap in 2010 
Achmad Jufriyanto - national team player (16 caps)
Tony Sucipto - national team player (17 caps)
Manahati Lestusen - national team player (13 caps)
Ahmad Bustomi - last cap in 2015
Paulo Sitanggang - U23 national team
Bayu Gatra - national team player (4 caps)
Bambang Pamungkas - last cap in 2013
Rizky Pora - national team player (16 caps)
Reply
Like

Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:28

11 Jan 2018, 20:40 #28

TheRoonBa wrote:"... selection of players ... from various clubs in Indonesia. They are certainly quality players, "said assistant coach Iceland, Helge Kolvidsson."
Contradiction in terms.  Getting thrashed 6-0 by Iceland's reserves isn't of much use to anybody, except possibly the bookies.
Reply
Like

Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 22:16

12 Jan 2018, 00:26 #29

I think they simply underestimated the power of Icelandic football, even with a bunch of reserves, despite the fact that even a rudimentary piece of research on them would have shown their recent improvement that has catapulted them into the upper echelons of international football - a place Indonesia can only dream of.  Clearly they haven't watched the rousing Viking clap, which was of course invented in Motherwell, that well-known bastion of Norse activity.

Here's Motherwell fans doing against Ross County before it was made fashionable by Iceland.


It'll be interesting to see whether Indonesia's national team fares any better.  Iceland seem to count this as their national team (internally), albeit unofficial (not official for FIFA).  Denmark seems to be the only Nordic team to treat their January Asian matches as "not A" (U-21/League XI seems to be what they are calling them).
Reply
Like