Intermediate
Intermediate

December 22nd, 2016, 8:58 am #11

Ah, so that's actually new!
I thought it was a beta weapon you discovered or something, but you made it yourself? That's cool!!

Broccoli
Junior RC
Broccoli
Junior RC

February 1st, 2017, 2:14 pm #12

Is it possible to somehow fix the spawn cars? Some of them fall into the ground immediately after the start of the game, which is why the game is broken.

ElectricBee
Special Super Pro
ElectricBee
Special Super Pro

February 11th, 2017, 9:29 pm #13

RVGL most certainly needs a plugin interface of sorts to enable and disable certain weapons. That way, hosts can have one-weapon races and provided everyone is comfortable with P2P upload and download (which would facilitate track and car sharing as well), custom weapons like those seen in this thread would be a possibility.

Maybe, for custom weapons they're provided their own space in ./gfx, and RVGL call call upon that graphic because of a weapon parameter file, but there can be ./temp where host-provided custom content can go, and RVGL would read from /temp first, with that folder deleted on game exit, but with the option before exiting to keep any content given.

Expanding a bit on this post...
About custom cars and tracks, they would also be held in ./temp and all telling the game to keep the items would do, would move the content from /temp to their respective location in the local filesystem. After that, /temp gets deleted and all the stuff you didn't want goes away.

Seems like a fairly good idea to me...
Seeker and hoarder of many informations.
Plant the seeds of sin into the world and they will grow to consume you.

I make usable stuff and break things for fun. Check out what I've made.

erpetek
Junior RC
erpetek
Junior RC

July 21st, 2018, 7:02 am #14

Post [Download Link]