Transition to TapaTalk

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

December 5th, 2017, 9:02 pm #1

Yesterday, on December 4, Our Re-Volt Pub has unfortunately been forced through a change. With the acquisition of Zetaboards and zIFBoards (formerly InvisionFree) by TapaTalk back in July this year, old InvisionFree boards are now being converted to either ZetaBoards or TapaTalk. The administrators of a board have the ability to choose between one or the other, and, if no choice is made, the conversion defaults to TapaTalk.

It is apparent that this is what happened with Our Re-Volt Pub. With no choice being made due to the original administrator no longer being active (it is believed he was the only one to receive the notifications), this resulted in a conversion to TapaTalk. A discussion on this matter can be seen in this thread on ORP.

Aside from the strikingly different change in appearance, the forum is now missing various functions it previously had, along with extra limitations that cannot be bypassed without payment from the administrators.

The administrator of our board, zipperrulez, has already taken measures to delay the conversion for Re-Volt Live, while also stating a preference towards ZetaBoards. Unfortunately, the conversion will likely happen sooner or later even if we are against it, but we believe that ZetaBoards will make a much better option than TapaTalk, as it is arguable that ZetaBoards could be considered an actual upgrade. Various changes in the appearance and functions of the forum will still occur, but it will be possible to lessen the damage much further than it would be with TapaTalk.

Update 1: A new forum has been created on Re-Volt I/O, meant to imitate the look and function of the old ORP. Check it out!
Update 2: Re-Volt Live has been automatically converted from InvisionFree to ZetaBoards on January 24.
Update 3: It has been confirmed on May 7 that all ZetaBoards communities will be converted to TapaTalk.
Update 4: Re-Volt Live has been automatically converted from ZetaBoards to TapaTalk in late August.

kajeuter
Special Super Pro
kajeuter
Special Super Pro

December 5th, 2017, 9:20 pm #2

URV,Tuesday, Dec 5 2017 wrote: It is also not possible to access your old account without first creating a TapaTalk account.
That is not true, I could log on ORP with my account without creating a Tapatalk account.

[ximg]https://image.ibb.co/e4fw5G/RVLLL.png[/ximg]

Still, changes may revive RVL.

Is there a way to save the website as it is now? Like having a memory of the old looks?

- Kaj

'I am a droid. I am always right.' -TX-20, Tactical Droid
'Prepare to be utterly crushed by the master of extreme sluggishness, gentlemen.' - Urbanrocker in the Rookie Championship

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

December 5th, 2017, 9:24 pm #3

Thank you for pointing that out; I've removed it from the original post. The rest of the information should be accurate.

We are currently looking into the possibility of switching from TapaTalk to ZetaBoards. It might be possible, but we're not sure yet. As far as an archive of the old site would go, you can find many snapshots on the Wayback Machine for both ORP and RVL. Just click on a date.

zipperrulez
Re-Volt Chieftain
zipperrulez
Re-Volt Chieftain

December 6th, 2017, 2:11 am #4

This is what I've chosen - whether they will actually listen to this all empowering multiple choice bubble is to be determined...

ZR OUT

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

December 13th, 2017, 2:00 pm #5

In case there is anyone left who isn't aware of it yet, we have created a new forum on Re-Volt I/O, meant to imitate the look and function of the old ORP. Check it out!

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

January 25th, 2018, 12:00 am #6

Re-Volt Live has just been converted from InvisionFree to ZetaBoards. Since ZetaBoards has much more potential for customization than TapaTalk, chances are we will have a lot more success at bringing back the old functions and design than we did with Our Re-Volt Pub. I am unsure what Kay and ZR have in mind regarding this, or if they have enough time to spare, but I believe we should be able to tidy up the forum a little within the next few months.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them here!

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

May 28th, 2018, 11:32 pm #7

Unfortunately, it has been confirmed on May 7 that all ZetaBoards communities will be converted to the TapaTalk platform. Although we were initially given the option to choose between ZetaBoards and TapaTalk, it appears that we never truly had a choice. Nonetheless, it has been stated that there are plans to complement TapaTalk with additional features from ZetaBoards, ultimately making TapaTalk a better platform than it currently is. Whether that is truly going to be the case, we can only wait and see.

As I have been a moderator of this forum since its inception in 2009, I have grown a strong fondness for it, and it is worrying to hear about these changes. Even though most of the activity has moved to Discord and TRH, I would not want to see any irreversible damage befall on this forum. Fingers crossed that the second transition will proceed smoothly.

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

August 26th, 2018, 1:51 pm #8

Welcome to the new are of shit.