Special Super Pro
THE_HARVESTER
Special Super Pro

October 14th, 2010, 12:00 am #1

Post em if ya got em.

I have several candidates -

NAME - Cosmic Race
GENRE - Racing

This game sucks, HARD. With backwards controls (hold left on the d-pad AND square button to turn left and L2/R2 to accelerate) and terrible graphics (most of them stolen from the playstation dev kit.) I've played it Via emulator, and it absolutely sucks. Play Ridge Racer instead.

NAME - Gods and Generals
GENRE - FPS

A terrible Civil War game with non-existent AI, terrible sound and graphics, and boring gameplay. Imagine a game where you fight opponents that stand still while turning in circles swinging a cutlass. While being shot at. In the middle of an empty field. Imagine a screen of 15 or more of these enemies. Now you Know Gods and Generals. Based on a movie.
Wiggidywa.

Adamodell
Super Pro
Adamodell
Super Pro

October 20th, 2010, 6:16 pm #2

NAME - Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift
GENRE - Racing

This in my opinion fits the title in a different way. It's terrible that they have to be terrible games. :3 This game... ugh... I loved Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, absolute beaut on a good ol' Dreamcast... but this is Genki going low budget as hell. The game is so simplistic, it has NOTHING going for it. Well, interesting looking drift tracks... but the physics aren't quite the best, the powerslide squeal will sometimes cut out during a race and that sound effect literally breaks... the game's music is also terrible generic J-rock. I mean, at least TXR2 had some interesting to actually good electronic backdrops. It's just short, unfinished, buggy... unfinished... did I mention it just handles like crap? :3 It just reeks of "cashing in on the drift trend" as well. At least TXR/TXR2 set a new standard. It did something almost... new. At least they weren't the outright copycats that time. EA were with NFS Underground... and arguably Rockstar were with Midnight Club. Just... stay away. If you can get it for a dollar... try it just to see why Genki should invest full budgets on their games and make a new... FINAL, TXR.

RV Wiki | YouTube | Steam | Bandcamp
<a href="mailto:metallicafan128@gmail.com">Email</a> | <a href="skype:instinctualjealousy?chat">Skype</a> | <a href="xmpp:adamu-kun@magicbroccoli.de">XMPP</a> | instinctualjealousy#4070

Nero
Re-Volt Chieftain
Nero
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 21st, 2010, 2:02 pm #3

Adamodell
Super Pro
Adamodell
Super Pro

October 21st, 2010, 4:36 pm #4

May I offer you this prize?

<a href="mailto:metallicafan128@gmail.com">Email</a> | <a href="skype:instinctualjealousy?chat">Skype</a> | <a href="xmpp:adamu-kun@magicbroccoli.de">XMPP</a> | instinctualjealousy#4070

kay
Re-Volt Chieftain
kay
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 21st, 2010, 5:36 pm #5

[ximg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... verart.jpg[/ximg]
terrible graphics, terrible physics, epic fail trying to clone GTA, bad scenario and at the top of that: ridiculous animation

Nero
Re-Volt Chieftain
Nero
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 21st, 2010, 5:47 pm #6

Superman 64...

elston87
Expert Re-Volter
elston87
Expert Re-Volter

October 21st, 2010, 8:01 pm #7

Adamodell,Oct 21 2010 wrote:May I offer you this prize?
Gahaha I remember that... Oddly enough, I do...

Does anyone want to make room for the PSone?

God, this game was epic fail...

Adamodell
Super Pro
Adamodell
Super Pro

October 21st, 2010, 9:34 pm #8

KDL,Oct 21 2010 wrote: [ximg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... verart.jpg[/ximg]
terrible graphics, terrible physics, epic fail trying to clone GTA, bad scenario and at the top of that: ridiculous animation
1) The graphics are above average, in my opinion. I own this for Xbox. Framerate's a bit shoddy. The PC version, other than having some issues with configuring controllers, runs amazing on my 9800GT, good normal mapping for a game of that era.

2) The physics are 100% Driver, give or take. If you hate this game's physics, you just don't like Driver's weighty shovey delayed physics style. If you're referring to the walking/lack of ragdoll... oh yeah, that is indeed sucky.

3) It didn't really clone GTA, or attempt to. If you look at the history of things- GTAIII cloned Driver/Driver 2 just as much as DRIV3R and Parallel Lines copied GTAIII/VC/SA.

4) Bad scenario? Meh, it ain't bad. I've seen worse, but it is indeed not the best.

5) Ridiculous animation? Agreed.

I'm hoping Driver: San Francisco clears up this whole "it's a GTA clone" bullshit.

Dr.Pepper
Expert Re-Volter
Dr.Pepper
Expert Re-Volter

October 21st, 2010, 11:00 pm #9

Halo Series..
aka ridgeracerplayer14 & Racer X

zipperrulez
Re-Volt Chieftain
zipperrulez
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 22nd, 2010, 2:08 am #10

halo... god. dont even get me started, i hate halo like i hate call of duty (excluding #1, which i played in school and had a lot of fun with.)
Driver parallel lines isn't a bad game, just not one id play on a regular basis. i have it for wii, id say its fair.

heres a bad game:
[ximg]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/i ... _front.jpg[/ximg]
i bought this for 10 dollars NEW, and i want my money back. All the cars drive as if daytona speedway has recently had a fucking snow storm.
i mean the game looks good, its just NO fun to play.
ZR OUT