Guess who is back?

aryo_adhi
Advanced
aryo_adhi
Advanced

May 27th, 2018, 9:02 am #1

I'm back from the eternal slumber. Just noticed that this community is still alive!

Right now, I'm... err, how should I start again? Probably I'll re-introduce myself again.

If you remember me, I'm the one with alias aryo_adhi despite it's just my real name. Right now, I'm in middle of finals exam and suddenly remembered about this old community. Ermmmmmm, yea. Thought that playing this game will be 200% more complicated since I fully migrated to Linux for some reason. I silently hate Windows because it resets my laptop suddenly at random time.

I played this game like since 2006, which I forgot the exact date is.

Maybe just that? Maybe just that.

I got myself a controller, which helps me a lot while playing it!

URV
Re-Volt Chieftain
URV
Re-Volt Chieftain

May 29th, 2018, 11:23 am #2

Hey there, welcome back! I was going to give you some links to where most of the activity has moved, but I see you've got that figured out already.

I myself actually switched to Linux on my main PC this month, and it seems that Re-Volt actually runs a lot better and is also easier to manage than it was on Windows. I still have a fondness for Windows, of course, but I'm not particularly keen of the flat logo era and support will run out for Windows 7 in 2020. Best to at least get familiarized with Linux, you know?

Anyhow, hope to see you around more often now!

ElectricBee
Special Super Pro
ElectricBee
Special Super Pro

September 15th, 2018, 7:01 am #3

Playing the game on Linux isn't complicated... sort of. Some systems may require libraries which might not come with RVGL out-of-the-box under assumption you already have them. Else it should be as easy as extract and run.

Game is as fun as it had ever been, though I am not as active with the online stuff. (Also Tapatalk's light theme is killing my eyes.)
Seeker and hoarder of many informations.
Plant the seeds of sin into the world and they will grow to consume you.

I make usable stuff and break things for fun. Check out what I've made.