Moderator: Cat

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

December 31st, 2011, 7:22 am #51

And bump again:
+ I found a way to kill the tail-swing of tail-happy cars, with the same procedure.
The result is an absolute rail-handling AI. Only... does this kill all the fun too? :ph43r:

Again, first post links to the tutorial and, well, now this one links, too:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... &p=5309238
All my stuff is available here, and all my videos are available there.
-----
CW

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

January 7th, 2012, 3:31 am #52

Another bump:

Okay, it seems that the KISS principle is the best principle. So I edited the tutorial. Trust me, it’s even simpler now ;)

Again, first post links to the tutorial and, well, now this one links, too:
-----
CW

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

March 21st, 2012, 4:29 am #53

Bump:
Two functioning options with constant values that don’t depend on the vehicle. How much more KISS could it be? :)
+ Track AI for all easy-handling cars.
+ Default culling of tail-swing for tail-happy cars.

This makes the first post a good read for general information, and also for deep tweaking if your vehicle is something special.

Again, first post and this post link to the tutorial itself:
-----
CW

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

May 22nd, 2012, 2:58 am #54

So, the newest AI runs cars exactly the same way no matter what I put in the AI parameters. Huki once said something about making the AI drive any car well, no matter the AI parameters, so I think he has (semi?) silently done just that – stopped accounting for the AI params. And he also introduced some new params there, so, basically, I think V1.2 has lost all backwards compatibility with the old AI. And I can’t really do anything, because V1.2 doesn’t react to anything I do there. I can’t help the newest AI. Even where it has difficulties (like Skarma’s Skull Buster which works nice in old AI, but not in the newest V1.2).
Anyway, Huki is officially on his own now. I can’t help him, he has to get this AI thing in line without me providing helpful tweaks.
Basically, I feel like everyone wanting to change the AI to suit the car and not vice versa, are shut out until Huki releases some detailed info or makes the old/new AI a switch. Darn.
This means that I hereby officially state that all my AI tweaks are intended for the old AI and all complaints please be sent to Huki.
That is all.
-----
CW

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

August 9th, 2012, 4:41 pm #55

This is now only an archive of my earlier half-baked attempts to do the same thing that Huki was trying earlier: find a single AI that runs everything imaginable. But this is simply impossible. Instead, I now present a method of tuning a scratch-made car AI for any individual vehicle so that it runs decently anywhere, including ice. Warning: it only works with the old AI (V1207). Huki’s V1.2 still has some changes in race-code so it’s incompatible. I know because I tried tuning for his AI. Sprinter XL still did a U-turn on ice and already understeered on floors. So it’s old AI only for now.
It’s there:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... p=22058397

The rest of this topic is unchanged, except the first post.
-----
CW

Gustavo6046
Semi Pro

November 16th, 2014, 7:50 pm #56

Citywalker,Sunday, Jan 2 2011 wrote:Tutorial follows:

+ General explanations:
• The AI part of the car parameters is essentially a set of instructions for corrections on top of what the track AI orders the cars to do.
• If the car has less than three wheels in contact with the ground, then the car is considered to be tumbling and the entire car AI section is bypassed.
•• In this case, the car is controlled by the track AI only. (Incidentally, this means that all the more lunatic vehicles, like bikes and some of my Concepts going on two wheels only, need to have technically double wheels with identical positions, to have any benefit from the car AI.)
Can I make a car with 5 or more wheels properly without AI problems? Well, I know (or at least it is probably that) this is not the place to ask the following, but can I ever make a car with five or more wheels?
Anyways, Skarma recommended you. Indeed, I were altering an Probe UFO to make it as easy to drive as would be an 13WD car or so... so it actually "floats low" or goes smoothly (with low kinetic friction) instead of stumbling it everywhere there is a corner or a turn or whatever else... (sorry)
Some fries and heavy metal!

mightycucumber
Special Super Pro
mightycucumber
Special Super Pro

November 16th, 2014, 9:57 pm #57

It is possible. Check out Hi-ban's Scorcher 6x6, Allan1's Road Bullet or BurnRubr and Manmountain's Wardog.

Normal cars use 4 "single wheels". These cars have wheels paired, so in the parameters, two wheels actually count as just 1. I don't know if I've expresses myself correctly, so I apologize in advance. :)
< My DeviantArt

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

November 17th, 2014, 6:13 pm #58

wrote:Can I make a car with 5 or more wheels properly without AI problems?
Yes, because there will technically always be 4 or less wheels. See there.
-----
CW