Moderator: Cat

R6TurboExtreme
Re-Volt Chieftain
R6TurboExtreme
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 20th, 2011, 11:57 am #31

Ehm CW, I have a problem. I did the tutorial on a custom toyeca.

The car runs everywhere good, except on icy surfaces on the market. I tried to change the UnderMax value, but that only made it worser. The undermax value is 19.3 now, and its good.

But what can I do to make the car running good on the market freezer? I don't want to change the params, as I did low grip because the toyeca needs a bad part. I don't want perfect cars, but i'd like to have good AI.

Any tips?

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 20th, 2011, 1:24 pm #32

19.3? You mean, more than 1.0 or is it a typo? :)

Anyway, I'm afraid that ice remains a challenge for 1207 AI with some cars. Try UnderMax 0.5 and if that doesn't help, then we'll have to wait for the new V1.2 AI...
All my stuff is available here, and all my videos are available there.
-----
CW

R6TurboExtreme
Re-Volt Chieftain
R6TurboExtreme
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 20th, 2011, 2:32 pm #33

umm maybe, its 0.1930000 indeed.

burner94
Re-Volt Chieftain
burner94
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 20th, 2011, 5:52 pm #34

R6TurboExtreme,Thursday, Oct 20 2011 wrote: Ehm CW, I have a problem. I did the tutorial on a custom toyeca.

The car runs everywhere good, except on icy surfaces on the market. I tried to change the UnderMax value, but that only made it worser. The undermax value is 19.3 now, and its good.

But what can I do to make the car running good on the market freezer? I don't want to change the params, as I did low grip because the toyeca needs a bad part. I don't want perfect cars, but i'd like to have good AI.

Any tips?
Either having rail handling or deleting ice property on tracks :P
No other way to implement AI drifting at the moment. That also explains the bad AI most drift cars have.
LiveVolt supporter :)

Rail handling is for n00bs.

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

October 21st, 2011, 6:58 am #35

Hey, R6TE, try this:
Get the track tc6, i.e. „Test Course 6, Concrete“, from the following pack:
http://rvzt.zackattackgames.com/main/co ... +Ice+Speed
Then use the half-step method to find the highest UnderMax value that still lets the AI reach the car’s top speed (what the player can reach) so that the top speed doesn’t fluctuate in AI’s hands. That should be a good balanced value for the Supermarket 2 ice and for other track surfaces as well.

A word about the Supermarket 2 ice in general: this is the absolute trickiest course that can be! It is not just a patch of ice, but an icy road with higher surface grip at roadsides (the snow areas). Ask any driver – this is the worst that can happen. As soon as the car touches the roadside, its one side gets better traction than the other side and all handling is thrown out of whack. In Re-Volt Supermarket 2, the car usually happens to get a good speed boost from snow and then it can’t compensate for that because it reaches the more slippery ice. The only way to get a clean pass there is to never touch the snow, i.e. clean entry, clean racing arc, clean exit. Tough to do for anyone, especially AI. Still, it _is_ possible if you get the good borderline UnderMax value from the TC6 track. I did it for both turn-on-a-dime BiWheel and half-drifter Nissy.

Edit:
Just 10 short accelerations (including the first with no steering, to determine the top speed), and Candy Pebbles (!) can take Supermarket 2 ice with grace.
-----
CW

Pranav
Special Super Pro
Pranav
Special Super Pro

November 6th, 2011, 8:35 am #36

Citywalker,Monday, Oct 17 2011 wrote: • Have the AI run the car on Neighbourhood 1 track, as only 1 car in the race.
Please can you tell me how to do it?
I am running it in -dev mode.

Dave-o-rama
Re-Volt Chieftain
Dave-o-rama
Re-Volt Chieftain

November 6th, 2011, 12:27 pm #37

get into a 2-car single race with the car whose AI you want to tweak as your opponent, and instead of racing it, observe it. Don't forget to move your car out of the way :P

Unless there's a better way...
hi-ban about strike21's constantly getting banned wrote:Already banned? Wow! You Are Faster Than My Twin Mill!
martensan on RVZT wrote:I live in a translation using Google

Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain
Citywalker
Re-Volt Chieftain

November 6th, 2011, 12:29 pm #38

Add also -gazzasaicar, to have the AI run the car for you (hold Right Ctrl key to take control temporarily).
To get only 1 car in the race, use WolfR4 with the 1207 Re-Volt.
But beware – WolfR4-s settings affect V1.2 as well. Uncheck the options later and run game once, before racing in V1.2.
-----
CW

Pranav
Special Super Pro
Pranav
Special Super Pro

November 6th, 2011, 12:38 pm #39

Citywalker,Sunday, Nov 6 2011 wrote: Add also -gazzasaicar, to have the AI run the car for you (hold Right Ctrl key to take control temporarily).
To get only 1 car in the race, use WolfR4 with the 1207 Re-Volt.
But beware – WolfR4-s settings affect V1.2 as well. Uncheck the options later and run game once, before racing in V1.2.
I still don't get it. I am running 1.2.
I have added -gazzasaicar also, do i have to run it in 2-car single race mode?

I want to observe my monster truck, so should i choose another car or my monster truck?

Dave-o-rama
Re-Volt Chieftain
Dave-o-rama
Re-Volt Chieftain

November 6th, 2011, 12:40 pm #40

Pranav,Sunday, Nov 6 2011 wrote: I want to observe my monster truck, so should i choose another car or my monster truck?
It doesn't matter what car you're using because you're not racing. Definitely go with Panga :)
hi-ban about strike21's constantly getting banned wrote:Already banned? Wow! You Are Faster Than My Twin Mill!
martensan on RVZT wrote:I live in a translation using Google