Pathfinder - The Jade Regent Adventure Path

Pathfinder - The Jade Regent Adventure Path

Masterly
Protagonist
Masterly
Protagonist

25 Sep 2011, 22:32 #1

To play you will need: The Jade Regent Player's Guide The guide is free but you will need to register an account to download the manual.

Characters begin at level 1. If you are having trouble working with Pathfinder, here is an outline:
Pathfinder Creation Outline
We will be using point buy, and your character's stats will be bought using 25 points.
A back story is required but try to keep it at a suitable length.
Your are allowed to choose 3 Traits, but one of these 3 must be a setting specific trait (these can be found in the player's guide I linked above).
Each of you begins with the maximum starting gold for your class.
Try to avoid 3.5 classes and homebrew if you can. I am not disallowing 3.5 and homebrew material completely though, so if you really want to play a class, feel free to send something my way.

Companion Roster:
Kasuka is a quiet young man from a family that has served the Kaijitsu family from the shadows for generations. With the Kaijitsu family wiped out, many members of the family have taken on jobs as live-in servants or as assassins for hire, and sometimes both, for prominent members of society. They are quiet and subservient to the point that the trait almost seems inborn.

Kasuka has been a long time friend of Ameiko, having been introduced to her at a very young age. During his youth, he would often be seen tagging alongside the young lady much like a dog would follow at its master's heels. Kasuka has black hair and black eyes, with a disposition that seems to be at odds with the sun itself. He speaks in short, halting tones and never looks comfortable around other people.

He sometimes fills in as a busboy at the Rusty Dragon, but is usually working at his family's fabrics store.
Ever since he was young, Veleric knew that he was meant for great things. Things had a way of falling right into place when he was around, luck was his constant companion. His grandfather would sometimes tell him that his fate was mapped in the stars, and that someday it would be his job to plot the proper course. Unfortunately, his parents had other plans for him. A life adventuring was no life for the son of a merchant family, so they sent him away to school at the age of 16, to flush out his flighty dreams once and for all.

Nobody expected that orcs would attack his carriage. And fewer still would have expected him to live through it all. But he did, and half dead, he dragged himself to outskirts of Sandpoint where the elven ranger Shalelu found him and with the help of Koya, nursed him back to health. With nowhere left to go, he stayed with Shalelu to learn from her. He's a pretty good student...most of the time.

Veleric has sharp gray eyes and an infuriating smirk that is never quite 'off'. Everything in the world seems to be some sort of private joke to the half-elf, who goes says everything in an infectiously cheerful voice.

Morgana
???
Aria
???
Beatrice
???
Lucien
???
Maka
???
Ingra
???
Rogar
???

Vuanaunt
Protagonist
Vuanaunt
Protagonist

25 Sep 2011, 23:54 #2

Like I said over IM, I'm kind of interested, but I'm not sure how much time I can put in.... and every one of our RP's hasn't panned out. =/

I wouldn't mind playing with a small group or a GMPC, but I don't want to play at some really obscure time in the night. Sorry people at my timezone +12.

I do like the idea of playing Pathfinder instead of D&D. It seems more fun. =)
Let me think about the people I care about the most, and how when they fail or disappoint me, I still love, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them.
Let me extend that generosity to myself.

Masterly
Protagonist
Masterly
Protagonist

26 Sep 2011, 00:24 #3

Vuanaunt @ Sep 25 2011, 04:54 PM wrote: Like I said over IM, I'm kind of interested, but I'm not sure how much time I can put in.... and every one of our RP's hasn't panned out. =/

I wouldn't mind playing with a small group or a GMPC, but I don't want to play at some really obscure time in the night. Sorry people at my timezone +12.

I do like the idea of playing Pathfinder instead of D&D. It seems more fun. =)
Don't feel pressured into writing paragraphs of text. If you can keep things going with a few lines of action and dialogue then you're fine.

Mellhurst
Protagonist
Mellhurst
Protagonist

28 Sep 2011, 05:49 #4

I'd like to play a character. I've failed rather badly at keeping my game running (still haven't found two of you at the same time both online and idle), so I'll be as accessible for this as possible.

Masterly
Protagonist
Masterly
Protagonist

30 Sep 2011, 02:20 #5

Just an fyi, if you update your character post then you should just post something new or alert me in some fashion to the changes. If you plan on transferring the sheet to online storage I would much prefer to do it on http://www.dndsheets.net/ because they have an actual Pathfinder sheet. (Mythweavers only has 3.5 and such)

You made a mistake in your skills section. You wrote that your skills have '4 ranks' but in Pathfinder the maximum amount of ranks you can put in a skill is equal to your character level. However, if you put a single skill point into a skill listed as a 'class skill' you get a +3 bonus to that skill.

I'm okay with silly backgrounds, but only so long as you roleplay the character in such a fashion as to not detract from the game.

Oh and by the way, I found some music for your character: Joxer the Mighty

Vuanaunt
Protagonist
Vuanaunt
Protagonist

30 Sep 2011, 19:07 #6

Here's my character about half done.

He's also going do some rogue too.
Let me think about the people I care about the most, and how when they fail or disappoint me, I still love, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them.

Megamet
Protagonist
Megamet
Protagonist

01 Oct 2011, 18:02 #7

DND Sheets is apparently being an ass to me and refusing to allow me to create a character sheet on the site, so does anyone here know another site which host Pathfinder character sheets?

Sir Awesome McBadass

Vuanaunt
Protagonist
Vuanaunt
Protagonist

02 Oct 2011, 00:22 #8

Vidvan Kaijitsu, being the younger brother of Ameiko Kaijitsu, experiences the same wanderlust. However unlike her, he's never had the chance to get out of this town. After the incident where they lost the rest of their family, Ameiko had left for a year and earned enough for him to live comfortably. While she was out adventuring, all Vidvan really had to do was read. He figured out magic, which would be awesome, except he had no real use for it. This town was boring.

He didn't just want to leave this town, he wanted an adventure!

=============================================

I'm not sure how much dissonance there is between his first and last name. It's an Indian name, so I'm hoping that close enough to a Japan~ish type name. =/

Mellhurst
Protagonist
Mellhurst
Protagonist

02 Oct 2011, 14:35 #9

Masterly @ Sep 29 2011, 10:20 PM wrote: Just an fyi, if you update your character post then you should just post something new or alert me in some fashion to the changes. If you plan on transferring the sheet to online storage I would much prefer to do it on http://www.dndsheets.net/ because they have an actual Pathfinder sheet. (Mythweavers only has 3.5 and such)

You made a mistake in your skills section. You wrote that your skills have '4 ranks' but in Pathfinder the maximum amount of ranks you can put in a skill is equal to your character level. However, if you put a single skill point into a skill listed as a 'class skill' you get a +3 bonus to that skill.

I'm okay with silly backgrounds, but only so long as you roleplay the character in such a fashion as to not detract from the game.

Oh and by the way, I found some music for your character: Joxer the Mighty
Yes, he is partially inspired off that Joxer. : )

And come to think of it he's probably a more serious character than any other Joxer before him, because of the angst of his human father kicking him out of the house.

So, does my character have (10)x4 his first-level skills or just the (10)x1 base? I guess I can't have 40 skill points if its max 1 at level 1. : )

Masterly
Protagonist
Masterly
Protagonist

02 Oct 2011, 16:37 #10

He has 10 skill points at first level, and 10 more for every subsequent level of ranger he takes.

Vuanaunt
Protagonist
Vuanaunt
Protagonist

02 Oct 2011, 18:55 #11

Don't forget as a Half elf, you get to pick two classes to be "favored classes", and you get one hp and skill point for every level in them.

Megamet
Protagonist
Megamet
Protagonist

03 Oct 2011, 22:22 #12

Alright, my character is pretty much done.

Alexei Kreikov

I'm using Tangled web for the moment as DnD sheets is giving me problems, but there shouldn't be too much of an issue since the Pathfinder system only really differs from the 3.5 system in Skill points and Grapple rules, which I've already accounted for.
Backstory wrote:The Kreikovs are not natives to Avista. They came from a land far to the west almost a century before, for reasons unknown. In time, they have spread throughout Avista, and they eventually grew further and further apart, and in modern days the average Kreikov are just another face in the crowd, abet one with a strange sounding name.

All Kreikovs posses a special ability that is similar to magical talent yet at the same time different. Most of them go about their lives unknowing of their potential, save for the occasional lucky break. Some, however, awaken to their abilities and go on to become sorcerers, wielding strange powers that no other mage can perfectly reproduce. Alexei was one of the latter group.

Alex grew up in the town of Sandpoint. As a child, he mostly kept to himself. While he was never actually picked upon, his obviously foreign looks ensured that he never really fit in either, and thus he never truly got along with other children of his age. This resulted in him being unfamiliar with most social interactions, and directly influenced his current personality.

His powers didn't fully manifest until he was fourteen, where he was ambushed by a small band of goblins while outside the city. He managed to form a large glowing blade, which startled his assailants and sent them fleeing. After he spent some time getting familiar with his new capabilities, he used them to gain a position as a freelance caravan guard/ mercenary, which he continue to be up till the present day. It was also around this time when he became enamoured with Ameiko Kaijitsu, as the Rusty Dragon became one of the more favoured spots for him to seek employment.

Over the years, Alexei has gotten fairly skilled with a longbow, which he feels is an indispensable weapon to prevent enemies from pursing the caravan.

As of present, Alexei has returned back to Sandpoint after his disastrous last job, where the caravan he was supposed to be guarding went up in flames during a goblin attack. 

Sir Awesome McBadass

Mellhurst
Protagonist
Mellhurst
Protagonist

04 Oct 2011, 05:30 #13

Masterly: OK
Vua: Yay. Thanks for informing me!

Vuanaunt
Protagonist
Vuanaunt
Protagonist

04 Oct 2011, 05:47 #14

You may want to recheck your class abilities since you changed to fighter. =P

In game, I'm not sure how to start so I'm just waiting for someone else to post.

Mellhurst
Protagonist
Mellhurst
Protagonist

04 Oct 2011, 05:55 #15

Oh, I wasn't done, but thanks for the heads up.
---

Here's the core of my character sheet. Is there anything wrong with it?
Also, I tried to open an account with DnD Sheets, but there was an activation error. I tried to register again on the same email account, but it won't let me so I sent an email back, but 'Faye' probably isn't the board administrator. I've gotta help a friend with some English right now, but I'll use one of my backup emails or send an email to the board administrator later today.

Joxer the IV, Fighter, Half-Elf (Fav. Classes: Fighter, Cleric)
Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: 17 (7p + 2 racial)
Dexterity: 14 (5p), Reflex: +2
Constitution: 14 (5p), HP: 13, Fort.: +4
Intelligence: 14 (5p)
Wisdom: 15 (7p), Will: +2
Charisma: 7 (-4p)

Skills: Ride, Climb, Swim, Intimidate, Engineering
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave
Traits: +2 Bluff (Class skill)

Background: Joxer the IV was sired by Joxer the III (a human adopted by the single parent and Elven Joxer the II) and his elven wife Persimmon), famous free-wheeling noble planar adventurer and gambler who eventually settled in Keoland, a nation on a distant plane. Joxer the IV was brought up to become a Paladin and Fighter, but at 20 the young Errant was tossed into a planar vortex by his father who had lost his fortune in a series of unfortunate bets and could no longer afford to raise his kid or lose face at being unable to do so.

Joxer came out of the vortex 30 feet about Ameiko's yard two years ago and was taken care off for a year, while learning the language and befriending the members of the household and getting to know the town. Since then he has served with Sandru as a caravan guard.