Figure Collections & Discussions

Joined: June 18th, 2013, 9:55 pm

January 31st, 2014, 11:13 pm #1

Continuing from this thread on isisARM… http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopi ... re#p396465

We finally got an update to the new Purple Heart figure from Wing, and she's looking pretty sweet~ B-)
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 9th, 2014, 4:41 am

February 1st, 2014, 6:33 am #2

She's beautiful *__* But comes with a sweet price tag too, ugghhhhh x___x Figurines seem to get more and more expensive by the year!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 19th, 2013, 1:02 am

February 1st, 2014, 4:19 pm #3

chillarmy love wrote:She's beautiful *__* But comes with a sweet price tag too, ugghhhhh x___x Figurines seem to get more and more expensive by the year!
I agree, she's pretty freakin' amazing looking :O But yeah, the price tags on these figures can set you back a ways for sure :^^;:
My collection is not all the big since mine started not that long ago honestly. That and I don't intend on making mine huge anyways. Just picking up nice ones of characters that I love really.

My collection consists of: Luca from AT2, Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss, Gallantmon from Digimon, Milla from Tales of Xillia, and a few Pokemon ones that were limited edition items with games.

I'd really like a Fayt Leingod figure from Star Ocean 3 :-3 And I wish some Skies of Arcadia figures existed out there.
Arcadia hereto serve my Luca-sama!

The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 27th, 2013, 7:25 pm

February 2nd, 2014, 1:05 am #4

All the figures produced by Good Smile Company are always lovely >v<! I was personally interested in their Cerberus figure - the gradient colouring ahhh...

On that topic though, most of my figure collection consists of GSC products ^^ Most are Nendoroids, I have about 13 of them: Taiga (Toradora), Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), Madoka and Homura (Puella Magi, mahou outfits), Saber Super Moveable Edition and Saber Lily (Fate/stay night), Annelotte (Quen's Blade), Alice (Momoiro Taisen), Aichi Sendou (Cardfight, I have his mini petit ver. too!), Millhiore (Dog Days), Menma (AnoHana), Tohka (Date A Live) and Shinku (Rozen Maiden)! They're all so adorable...*3*

I have so many though I'll have to slow down ;A; But I'm still holding out for a Sakura (CardCaptor Sakura) nendo and one for Rikka from Chuunibyou if they ever get the license! I also have some figma (Inori from Guilty Crown is a beautiful figure, I definitely recommend!), and a few others~ I have to be careful my room doesn't get flooded with figures @~@
@AtelierAria | pixiv ID:15227605 | white-angel-ariah.deviantart.com | atelier-aria.tumblr.com

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 9th, 2014, 4:41 am

February 2nd, 2014, 2:27 am #5

wrote: I have to be careful my room doesn't get flooded with figures @~@
Too late for me!! lol :^^;:
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 18th, 2013, 9:55 pm

February 3rd, 2014, 11:22 pm #6

ArcadiaLegend wrote:
chillarmy love wrote:She's beautiful *__* But comes with a sweet price tag too, ugghhhhh x___x Figurines seem to get more and more expensive by the year!
I agree, she's pretty freakin' amazing looking :O But yeah, the price tags on these figures can set you back a ways for sure :^^;:
Indeed, this one will set ya back nearly 18,000 yen :^^;: I honestly can't see why the price of it is so high, considering what the average figure goes for. Maybe 12k or 13k yen is more in line with what I thought she'd cost.
Aria la Ciel wrote:(Inori from Guilty Crown is a beautiful figure, I definitely recommend
I don't have it, but I definitely agree. That is one awesome figure B-)
chillarmy love wrote:
wrote: I have to be careful my room doesn't get flooded with figures @~@
Too late for me!! lol :^^;:
Me, too :lol:

Actually if anyone is interested, there's a site called My Figure Collection (MFC), where you can keep track of what figures you've got, what you want to get, new releases, and stuff like that.

http://myfigurecollection.net/
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 26th, 2013, 12:47 pm

February 4th, 2014, 1:16 am #7

I'm a fan of GSC's Nendo line, but I quickly ran out of space and that 2011 quake, so I've more or less given up on trying to catch 'em all (or something like that, since I remember hitting the 100-figure target). :>_>:

But, yeah, I wish they had more male characters from franchises that I cared for. And I'm glad to finally be free from their all-too-often event-only Japan-only limited exclusive nonsense.

I'm still thinking about letting go of most of them some time, but I suppose not many still want the old figure, especially when they insist to continue having annual re-releases of the same figures, like Hatsune Miku. :evil:
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 19th, 2013, 1:02 am

February 4th, 2014, 1:40 am #8

Nash wrote:But, yeah, I wish they had more male characters from franchises that I cared for. And I'm glad to finally be free from their all-too-often event-only Japan-only limited exclusive nonsense.
I definitely agree. I mean, I guess female figs are more popular because more males collect them? Or something? :^^;:
I don't now. I guess it's easier to create fan service with female figurines too. There's more attention to detail that can be made with certain parts of the body.

Anyways, at least I discovered that a Vyse from Skies of Arcadia figurine is being made :yay: After perusing the My Figure Collection site. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that one.
Arcadia hereto serve my Luca-sama!

The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 18th, 2013, 9:55 pm

February 4th, 2014, 2:17 am #9

ArcadiaLegend wrote:
Nash wrote:But, yeah, I wish they had more male characters from franchises that I cared for. And I'm glad to finally be free from their all-too-often event-only Japan-only limited exclusive nonsense.
I definitely agree. I mean, I guess female figs are more popular because more males collect them? Or something? :^^;:
Actually, from what I've seen, nendo's are very popular with girls. I guess the cuteness factor just works better with the ladies costume designs.
ArcadiaLegend wrote:There's more attention to detail that can be made with certain parts of the body.
There's that, too. The costume designs for the guys seem to be far less intricately & imaginatively designed than the costumes for the female characters. Also, you can't exactly put as wide an array of things in a guy's hair and have it look good, for example.

As for Hatsune Miku, some characters just have way too many figures compared to the many characters who have none at all.
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 19th, 2013, 1:02 am

February 5th, 2014, 1:37 am #10

Thunder wrote:Actually, from what I've seen, nendo's are very popular with girls. I guess the cuteness factor just works better with the ladies costume designs.

There's that, too. The costume designs for the guys seem to be far less intricately & imaginatively designed than the costumes for the female characters. Also, you can't exactly put as wide an array of things in a guy's hair and have it look good, for example.
Well, yeah, cute works well with girls :lol: And I still like female figs too. I'm just partial to guys for obvious reasons ^o)
But yeah, you can certainly do way more with their hair, costume, etc. Though I can think of ways to spruce up the guys too. But in the end it comes down to popularity as well.
Arcadia hereto serve my Luca-sama!

The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed!
Quote
Like
Share