Ciel nosurge Offline Translation Patch Project

February 12th, 2018, 7:12 pm #1

Okay then, as we've made a considerable amount of progress this last month, we've decided to finally start a topic in the forums for it.
Ciel nosurge Offline Translation Project
Team members:

Translation: aquagon
Editing: Replicant
Reverse-engineering, graphics editing, ASM hacking: RyleFury

As the topic title and description explain, the goal for this project is the creation of a playable translation patch for Ciel nosurge Offline. Therefore, once the project reaches completion, you all will be able to pop the patch into your PlayStation Vitas and enjoy the game in English.

Important: The patch will only be playable in a PlayStation Vita that has been hacked with HENkaku or H-Encore. Therefore, make sure to not update your PlayStation Vita past firmware 3.68 if you wish to make use of it when we release it, though we advise you to keep your Vita in versions 3.60 or 3.65 so you may benefit from the boot hack Enso. As for PlayStation TV compatibility, we'll look into later on.

And finally, here are some screenshots of the progress we've made thus far:
[+] Spoiler

We'll be posting updates here whenever a milestone is achieved, so look forward to them!
[hymmnos]Was ki ga rete omnis zash en crudea...[/hymmnos]
[arciela]onaarr tyys ceefbb.[/arciela]
Ochis meya, baprou, zaebaralia sos...
chia zosph pheile simalea...

WEL OLRY SIO, LE FEL HORY NEO FEL ORY, ARY SE WEL.
LEE WEL NEL FORY, ARIA SIE ESTIA WEL SE FEL ESTY.

February 13th, 2018, 2:54 am #2

やった!!

Finally the whole experience in Ciel Nosurge for western lands! since Japanese could be sometimes rather difficult, even for Nihongo Students, you guys are making history with all the hard work there. BANZAAAI!!

[hymmnos]xA rre KAMI w.n.s sasye tYAnAmLYE phira[/hymmnos]

February 17th, 2018, 5:54 pm #3

Well done, boys! Looking forward to this one.

March 5th, 2018, 8:45 pm #4

Now the translation has started progressing quite well, I have an announcement to make: we're looking for an editor.

We need people who have excellent English writing skills and keen attention to detail. All people interested, please contact me over PM here, in the ARM Discord or in my Twitter account. I'll give the details on how we'll selected the editor for the project then.

March 25th, 2018, 12:03 pm #5

The latest repatch release allows the modding of eboots with NoNpDRM, if I understood correctly: https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/
Maybe with that it doesn't have to be a maidump after all.

March 25th, 2018, 8:20 pm #6

Stratos wrote:The latest repatch release allows the modding of eboots with NoNpDRM, if I understood correctly: https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/
Maybe with that it doesn't have to be a maidump after all.
Unfortunately it doesn't: that plugin only exists to circumvent the issues with the "/patch" folder that are present in firmware versions from 3.65 onward.

No one has actually designed a plugin that would allow to modify the eboot, which would basically require to patch it at runtime, or run a xdelta patcher as the game is being booted up.

March 26th, 2018, 6:16 am #7

That release log had me hopeful that we had some way to properly decrypt eboots now, damn.

So basically, unless we can both decrypt and re-encrypt the eboot, there's no way this isn't going to be a maidump. Re-encrypting isn't something that's done easily unless someone leaks the encryption keys so I wouldn't expect anything like this for a long, long time.
Damn shame really, maidumps are just too unstable IMHO. Ion deserves better. I'll better go back to grinding those kanji now.

March 26th, 2018, 7:38 pm #8

This is very likely that the translated version we will release will be a MaiDumpTool one. The game works just fine with it, we perform tests on it every time. Anyway, we will do everything we can to get a perfectly stable game in the end, so you shouldn't worry too much.
Atelier Marie + Elie in english project: http://ateliertraduction.forumactif.org/

March 28th, 2018, 6:47 am #9

I don't doubt that you guys are doing your very best to get the game working perfectly, it's just that I've made negative experiences with pretty much every maidumped game that I've tried so far. I can only hope the future will bring us some way to properly decrypt and run eboots that aren't just a half-baked memory dumps.

Regardless of how things will end up, I'm looking forward to what you guys will produce. Cheers and thanks for all your hard work!

July 21st, 2018, 12:33 am #10

There's hope my friend, this week CelesteBlue and dots-tb announced LetMaiDie.