"Overlay" for Mac and GW2Navi Alternative
The provided GW2Navi overlay program only runs on Windows, as there is a bug with the software library used that prevents it working with Mac. If you use the Mac OS and still wish to use gw2timer.com in the style of an overlay, then you may install Steam.
1. Download and install Steam
2. With the Steam window opened, click + ADD A GAME at the bottom left corner and choose Add a Non-Steam Game...
3. Find Guild Wars 2 on the list. If it is not there, click the BROWSE... button and find GW2
4. Run Guild Wars 2 from Steam's library window
5. When running GW2, show the Steam overlay by keystroke Shift+Tab
6. On the Steam Overlay, click VIEW COMMUNITY HUB button to start the browser
7. Use the browser as you would to open gw2timer.com and resize that window to your liking
The Steam Internet browser is the same as Chrome, and it will provide all functionality of the site, including speech notifications. The keystroke Shift+Tab will show/hide the Steam overlay, which in turns show the browser that displays the website. You can set the homepage by clicking SETTINGS at the bottom of the Steam overlay, then on the settings panel click the IN-GAME tab and set the homepage to
Code: Select all
Note that you have to run Steam and start GW2 from there, then open the overlay and manually type in gw2timer.com in the address bar every time. So that inconvenience is a trade off for being able to instantly show the website in fullscreen GW2 as opposed to the lag between alt-tabbing.
Reply to this thread if you need help.