GW2Navi - map covers screen on every map change

Greyling
Greyling

August 24th, 2017, 2:00 pm #1

Hello there! Is there a setting I can change to prevent the Navi map overlay from automatically covering my entire screen every time I change maps? Even when I have Navi tucked away in the corner, my screen is completely overtaken every time I zone into any map. What's worse is when I have Navi interaction turned off, because the map hides the Navi control button, and I have to go to my system tray to bring it to the foreground so I can turn the map overlay off again.

Thanks!

August 25th, 2017, 6:38 am #2

I'm assuming you're talking about the 3D version of the overlay, which when you enter the Mists map (WvW/PvP/Fractals), and then go back to Tyria (Lion's Arch, Lake Doric), the map's terrain/background shows up and block your view of the game. I've added a check so it doesn't do that when the map is already hiding the terrain/background. Please report back if the problem still exists, and give a screenshot if you can.

Right click the "G" knob (Navi control button as you said) and click on "Reload" to download the new version of the website.
Last edited by Drant on August 25th, 2017, 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greyling
Greyling

August 25th, 2017, 1:52 pm #3

I apologize for not having been very clear in my original post. I am using the 3D overlay, yes. Your fix seems to have cleared up the problem. Thanks so much! I love GW2Navi and I try to tell everyone I know about it.

August 26th, 2017, 1:58 am #4

Thanks for reporting. Feel free to report any other bugs or suggestions.

September 2nd, 2018, 11:55 pm #5

Hi, i love the Navi overlay app i use it every day. I have been searching for something to help me with map completion and the overlay is everything i hoped it would be.

There is only one small thing that annoys me. When i use the map for map completion (or guild rush, ...) the whole map starts 'skipping' and 'jumping' all over the place. This makes it hard to follow the line from map completion. :omg:

The skipping an jumping is less annoying at lower GPS interval (@ +500ms atm) but than the GPS Follows very slow....
Logical because i lowered the GPS interval....

But i think that the problem lies with that the character pin (on the map) follows your movement and a few ms later the map follows. This repeats itself very fast and makes the whole map 'skipping' and 'jumping' (like it is connected with rubber bands or something).

I don't think it has anything to do with my PC or my connection. When i put the GPS follow on [Zone] and the GPS interval on [50ms] it works perfectly.
But during map completion it is annoying to manually drag the 'zone' to where i am.

So maybe you could make an option to 'pin' character pin to the center of the map and make the map move under it (like it is in the mini map in-game) :please:

It's not like the app becomes unusable, definitely not, it only annoys me a LOT.
It's just a suggestion to make the overly even better then it is.
Thank you for all your hard work on the programming you're awesome!

September 3rd, 2018, 2:13 am #6

Are you using a fast mount like raptor or roller beetle? I cannot reproduce the skipping/jumping problem, but I don't have any mounts to test so I only run with 33% swiftness.

Are you using the Chromium or Internet Explorer version? The 2D or 3D version?

What OS and Java version are you using?

Can you upload a YouTube video or animated GIF of the problem?

September 3rd, 2018, 2:55 pm #7

I am using the Chromium version (2D).

I installed a new Java together with the overlay [Vesion 10.0.2 (build 10.0.2 +13)]
i installed it via
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... index.html
as directed by
http://forum.renaka.com/topic/5546166/1/
if the overlay didn't work.

I made a short video over the problem as you asked. It's on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oTwf2ygi9jA
First ran with no boost's, than changed some stuff you can see, than ran, ran with swiftness, using mount (Jackel) and than using Jackel's fase (short teleport) skill.

September 3rd, 2018, 3:23 pm #8

The whole program is laggy from looking at the video. I noticed the delay when you hovered over the menu items, and how unresponsive it was when you drag the map.

I noticed that you have "Show zone gateways" checked. I did not optimize that particular Point of Interests feature, as it shows hundreds of map markers for the entire world instead of the zone you're in. Try turning off all the map visuals (the "Show" checkboxes) and see if the overlay runs smoothly, then turn on each map visual one-by-one to find the performance bottleneck.

The overlay should run butter smooth while showing only world completion icons and completion route.
Last edited by Drant on September 3rd, 2018, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 4th, 2018, 1:32 pm #9

With everything off it seems to run smoothly.
I tried as you said and... well i made another video it's better to show you.

I tried without and with swiftness on all option chances.

video: https://youtu.be/aB9TECQIkIQ

September 5th, 2018, 6:00 am #10

Looks like the overlay is having performance problem even with just one layer (areas/sectors) shown. Try downloading a fresh copy of GW2Navi and unzip it to a separate folder. Use the bundle method (unzip to the folder and run _Bundle.exe).

September 5th, 2018, 7:21 pm #11

I downloaded a new copy of GW2Navi and the bundle thing. i unzipped them in the same map on my desktop (see picture).

The jumping is still there, especially when i use 'draw completion route'. :???:
(Same as in my last video)
gw2navi.png

September 6th, 2018, 4:36 am #12

I don't know how to fix this for you. Maybe I could upgrade the Chromium version for better performance, but it's been too long since I did that and I'm not sure if it'll really fix it.

You could try another overlay that has the world completion feature https://github.com/ideka/AugTyr if the jittery is too annoying.

September 6th, 2018, 1:26 pm #13

Its a shame, but there is nothing to do about it.
Thank you very much for trying.

Confirmation of reply: