February 8th, 2015, 9:54 pm #41

IE11 Cog Icon > About Internet Explorer
Is your version higher than 11.0.9600.17501 ?

Try running this test http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/ on IE11 and see if your browser has localStorage feature disabled, meaning the test does not progress.

Another solution: Cog icon > Safety > Delete Browsing History
and checkmark as so: https://grekai.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/image3.png then press Delete.
Last edited by Drant on February 10th, 2015, 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

February 8th, 2015, 10:23 pm #42

wrote:IE11 Cog Icon > About Internet Explorer
Is your version higher than 11.0.9600.17501 ?
Running 11.0.9600.17498 (again, on Windows 8.1 Pro)
wrote:Try running this test...
localStorage: not supported
sessionStorage: not supported
globalStorage: not supported

What are the web storage settings that are required?
wrote:...Delete Browsing History...
Tried that before and again just now with no change.

Thanks for the help.

February 8th, 2015, 10:29 pm #43

IE11 Cog Icon > Internet Options > Advanced tab > scroll down to "Security" section and checkmark "Enable DOM Storage" then restart your computer.

If that doesn't work, try click both the "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset..." buttons on that window.
Last edited by Drant on February 8th, 2015, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 10:55 pm #44

Drant wrote:Okay, so there's the problem. Your IE isn't supporting localStorage or has it disabled.
http://i.imgur.com/8ZfsiJQ.gif

That's it!

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it!
Last edited by Guest on February 10th, 2015, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 11:02 pm #45

:)) Enjoy

February 18th, 2015, 2:21 am #46

Nvm, ignore my nubness. Just started messing around with Navi and answered my own question.

Thanks for the great app, really loving it.
Last edited by toxicrvr on February 18th, 2015, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moonshade
Moonshade

February 18th, 2015, 7:11 am #47

I use the site a lot so figured I'd try the app overlay. The only problem I have is when I click the WP icon / scissor icon it doesn't copy to the clipboard. If I use the map I am able to copy the WP from there, but not from the compact mode. Any ideas? Win 7 x64 SP1 Java Version 8 Update 31. I had problems with the app at first like I couldn't resize or move the window. So I tried to update from IE 9 to 11 and it failed. So uninstalled IE 9, got error, fixed it then finally got IE 11 installed and the app works fine now except for the clipboard issue I mentioned. So I'm kind of thinking it may have to do with my IE install.

February 18th, 2015, 9:19 am #48

The auto-copy clipboard feature works by Adobe Flash. You need to have that plugin installed with IE for it to work.

Does it work when you're viewing the site on IE instead of on the overlay?

Edit: As of 2016-01-03, the website uses your browser's native clipboard capability, not Flash.
Last edited by Drant on April 26th, 2016, 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Moonshade
Moonshade

February 18th, 2015, 7:37 pm #49

Right before I got in bed it finally occurred to me that I should test just the website in IE, since I was always using it in Chrome. Your assumption was absolutely correct, the copy/paste wasn't working in IE. So downloaded Adobe Flash through IE and bam, it works. Thanks so much. This is gonna be my fave timer setup because it has both the alarm and overlay/re-sizing features. Without the clipboard working it was really bumming me out.

So if copy/paste/clipboard isn't working for anyone. Download and install Adobe Flash.

February 23rd, 2015, 1:18 am #50

Hi, is there a way to show the character position in the WvW live map?

February 23rd, 2015, 3:11 am #51

The WvW live map is from another website, wvwintel.com, not gw2timer.com. That's why there's no GPS.

I've yet to add the WvW map to the website. If more people want it then I'll add it.

Edit: As of 2016-01-15, gw2timer.com has a WvW live map with GPS and overlay compatibility. Click on the icon on the map to switch to the WvW map.
Last edited by Drant on May 28th, 2017, 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

February 23rd, 2015, 1:51 pm #52

If you add my character position on the WvW map, I'll donate $20. Honest to god ☺

Schrubbii
Schrubbii

April 10th, 2015, 5:42 pm #53

Downloaded everything. When I try to start it, 3 new processes are generated in my Taskmanager and disappear like 2secs later. Rightclick -> Run As doesnt work any better... Ideas?

April 10th, 2015, 7:03 pm #54

Did you download the latest Java version in your OS? The GW2Navi_Win32.jar and GW2Navi_Win64.jar files correspond to the x86 and x64 version of Java you installed. You could read the earlier posts about running .jar files. What is your operating system and bit version? And what Java version did you install?

Keep posting if you need more help.
Last edited by Drant on April 10th, 2015, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2015, 1:34 am #55

The overlay appears properly on all windows except for the actual game client. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

April 29th, 2015, 4:56 am #56

Set your Resolution to Windowed Fullscreen like so: http://i.imgur.com/DO8Bf5p.png

Azuredream
Azuredream

June 12th, 2015, 4:17 pm #57

Hello!
Awesome tool from the look of it. But its window looking all messy for me. 32-bit version, 64 won't work.
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/navi.1434125783.jpg - screenshot.
Please, help. Java is latest version.

June 12th, 2015, 6:31 pm #58

What operating system are you using? Windows XP/7/8/10? (Windows XP is not supported, and I only tested it in Windows 7).

The window bar should not look like that; the 1234AB icons should be visible and the background should be the same color as the rest of the bar, not gray.

My guess why the webpage is displayed like that is because your Internet Explorer is too old (the overlay embeds your Internet browser to display the website). You'll need to update it to version 11.

Keep posting and I'll help you.

Azuredream
Azuredream

June 13th, 2015, 2:49 pm #59

You know... I updated IE to 11, and it started to look normally. Although menu (upper part of the window, above address) is still invisible, like in my first screenshot. But at least it tracks me, and so on.

June 13th, 2015, 7:15 pm #60

Try hiding the address bar from the ≡ icon (menu). Is it still the same color?
Are you sure your Java is the latest? What version of Windows are you using?

Right click the overlay window bar to show the context menu (the popup menu when you right click somewhere) and go to Colors > Load Theme. Try any of the themes 1-4 and see if the color changes, you can set the color yourself by choosing any of the "Set" choices.

Azuredream
Azuredream

June 14th, 2015, 9:29 am #61

It is same color when hiding address bar.
Set options are not changing anything.
I run windows 7 x64 and updated Java to latest 2 days ago.
Guess I'll live with it now.

June 17th, 2015, 2:48 am #62

I am so thankful that you still keep this updated. Seriously, thank you.
:cry:

July 31st, 2015, 9:15 pm #63

I don't have Windows 10 and am not planning on upgrading to it anytime soon. If you are trying GW2Navi with the new OS, and encounter any problem, post here and I'll try to help.

The issue is with the overlay's dependence on Internet Explorer 11 to render/embed the website. I heard that IE is included in W10, but maybe Microsoft Edge will conflict with it. Anyway, I am thinking of changing the renderer to Chromium, eventually, which should be independent of W10.

5argan
5argan

August 15th, 2015, 2:45 pm #64

Hello,

I tried to run the overlay but I'm getting this error everytime I start up the jar.

I updated my java to 1.8_51 (64 bit) and my IE to 11.0.9600.17959 and it doesn't work, neither did the IE11 fix help. I am running windows 7 x64 and I'm trying to run the win64 version of the overlay (the 32 bit version won't even start).

Any help is appreciated and I am happy to provide more information if I can.
Thank you in advance.

August 15th, 2015, 6:30 pm #65

Is that a freshly unzipped instance (you didn't change anything on the overlay, except resized it to see the error message)?

Open options.ini and find

Code: Select all

URL_HOMEPAGE = http://gw2timer.com/?mode=Overlay
and replace it with

URL_HOMEPAGE = http://example.com/
Does the overlay program not crash / view that website?

Also you can try changing

wantGPS = true
to

wantGPS = false

5argan
5argan

August 16th, 2015, 1:47 am #66

Yes, it is a fresh zip file (I tried redownloading too just in case) but neither of your ideas changed anything.
Last edited by 5argan on December 4th, 2015, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 16th, 2015, 6:19 pm #67

Try opening the gw2timer.com website from your IE11 browser, does it work?

Can you try uninstalling IE11 (back to IE8 or whatever that was default for Windows 7), and installing it again?

Here are some multipurpose overlays you can use instead of mine:
GW2PAO - Tim's GW2 Tools - Overwolf Apps
Last edited by Drant on August 16th, 2015, 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charlene
Charlene

August 30th, 2015, 4:36 pm #68

Hi . nothing happens when i unzip the files also when i clicked the gw2 navi jar file just gives me an option to upzip the file

August 30th, 2015, 5:23 pm #69

Did you install Java? Have you tried the troubleshooting instructions for .jar files?

digitalsynner85
digitalsynner85

September 2nd, 2015, 1:11 am #70

Hi, I use windows 10 and love the overlay so far. One thing I noticed is that I don't get sound when events are due to come up even though I have the alerts working in IE11 and chrome.

digitalsynner85
digitalsynner85

September 2nd, 2015, 1:14 am #71

Sorry (it wouldn't let me edit the post). In IE11 I don't get sound, but in chrome I do.

September 2nd, 2015, 3:40 am #72

I use tts-api.com's service to generate an MP3 that IE11/Firefox plays. It looks like that service is down (even though the site is up). I haven't been using this feature since I've been using Chrome; do you know when this feature stopped working (if it did before)? I'm hoping this is a temporary problem that the tts-api.com admins will fix. If the downtime continues then I'll have to find an alternate TTS service.

As a workaround and if you really need the voice alarm, I suggest you use Chrome to open gw2timer.com for the alarm function, and use the overlay for the rest of the site's functions while playing GW2.
Last edited by Drant on September 2nd, 2015, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

digitalsynner85
digitalsynner85

September 2nd, 2015, 3:47 am #73

It never did, at least not for me anyways. I'll do that though, thanks man.

September 2nd, 2015, 6:33 am #74

I changed the TTS provider to ResponsiveVoice.JS. You should be hearing the same voice as Chrome's. Tell me if it's working and if you encounter any problems on IE11/Firefox/the overlay.
Last edited by Drant on September 2nd, 2015, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

digitalsynner85
digitalsynner85

September 3rd, 2015, 2:08 am #75

Works perfectly now. I opened it up today to play and was like "oh shit there's sound now" lol

onetwoeight
onetwoeight

September 21st, 2015, 8:13 am #76

Hi! I tried using the overlay but it's telling me I'm missing a dll file and won't open. I tried all the troubleshooting and java updates but no luck. Is there anyway I can get that dll file? The one I'm missing is swt-win32-4510.dll and swt-win32.dll. The swt folder they were suppose to be in is empty. :c

Thanks.

September 21st, 2015, 4:16 pm #77

If you open the .jar file with a ZIP opener like WinZip/WinRAR/7-Zip, you'll find the dll files on the top directory.

Here's the folder dll files as it should be in your directory:

C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USER_NAME\
Extract the .swt folder there.

I don't know why SWT didn't extract itself automatically when you first run GW2Navi. If this does not work then I suggest you reinstall Java then run the .jar again. Note that the GW2Navi bit version corresponds to the bit version of Java you installed, not your Windows bit version.
Last edited by Drant on September 21st, 2015, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

October 29th, 2015, 1:05 pm #78

The ovelay is not working for me today, was working finr before now. I am only getting the error page.
I have windows 10, IE 11 and java installed.

October 29th, 2015, 5:55 pm #79

Please give me a screenshot of the overlay. It is likely the browser didn't download the latest JavaScript files so had null pointer exceptions. Click on the embedded browser/website and press F5, that should tell IE11 to refresh.

October 29th, 2015, 9:53 pm #80

It's the weirdest thing. For whatever reason it is now working again and I can't explain why.
I was getting the error message earlier that was a white screen that started with "If you are seeing this message..."
I reinstalled java and gw2overlay and nothing worked, but now it's suddenly working again.
Thanks for your reply.
Last edited by Guest on December 4th, 2015, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1mul8r
S1mul8r

November 8th, 2015, 2:55 am #81

Will you be adding the new API Key Management into GW2Navi? It would be very handy. :joyous:

November 8th, 2015, 10:37 pm #82

Are you referring to these account information that are viewable with a browser? This feature is planned to be added to the site, but not soon.

December 3rd, 2015, 5:06 pm #83

Is there a way to change the Trading Tracker items to english? For whatever reason, when I search for items, I can only find the items in french. This seems to be the only thing that use french in the entire app for me.

December 3rd, 2015, 5:13 pm #84

The Trading Tracker's search engine is English only because that's what the third party sites, gw2spidy.com and gw2shinies.com, provided (ArenaNet does not have an API for searching items). The TP app will be displaying items in English regardless of the site language you're on, so I do not know why you're getting French results. Can you give a screenshot?
Last edited by Drant on December 3rd, 2015, 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

December 3rd, 2015, 5:26 pm #85

If I type Copper Ore and then click Enter, it opens me a a page in english, which is normal.

However, as shown below, my tracking is in french only.

I did make sure to select english as language in the compass, but that did not help.
Last edited by Guest on December 4th, 2015, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 3rd, 2015, 5:31 pm #86

Luckily I used two search providers, so the main one you're using (gw2spidy.com) might be serving you French results because your IP address... or something. Anyway, to use the backup search provider which is currently (gw2shinies.com), go to the "Options" page (cog icon), scroll down to "Trading" section and uncheck the option "Use main TP search provider".
Last edited by Drant on December 3rd, 2015, 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

December 3rd, 2015, 7:57 pm #87

It seems changing my windows 10 language pack from French(Canada) to English(Canada) has fixed my issue.
Last edited by Guest on December 4th, 2015, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lysla
Lysla

December 4th, 2015, 3:57 pm #88

I found out only today this stunning overlay app for GW2. Awesome job. I was wondering tho, the nodes for the *fixed* spots are perfect located, unlikely the "possible spots". This feauture have a lot of weak spots - lots of possible nodes not indicated and the indicated ones are almost never there.
There is app for gw2 (with overwolf for example) that arent even close to the quality of this one, but they offer a better service in precision terms - for routes of gathering stuff like all-the-iron-u-ca-find or all-the-softwood-u-can-find. Why so? Is it something you gonna work into?
In any case, gj again. :love:

December 4th, 2015, 5:01 pm #89

Can you give a link to the Overwolf app you're referring to? That app may have more correct nodes because it's crowdsourced (the nodes are added by its users). For my map, I'm the only person who is adding the nodes, and the "possible nodes" are just that, places that I've seen the nodes spawned, which you may not find it there until you get the correct map instance (because they're randomly spawned in game).

I can add routes and more wood nodes, but they will not be added soon, because I have other things to work on right now.

Lysla
Lysla

December 4th, 2015, 7:44 pm #90

I had no idea that actually this one was a one-person-project and I can understand how there is that lack of precision for nodes now. I was referring to many, ex. GW2 Map from OW or also GW2Nodes website itself - very well done but without a stunning project like yours. I know they use actually cooperative editing for inserting new nodes etc - but maybe you could "just" gather them all together or even think about a collaboration with the db from GW2 Nodes itself. Would be pretty awesome if it was possible generate the custom route for a full-iron-run and being dynamic like its your overlay ingame... Just wow. Just give a thought about it!
Last edited by Lysla on December 5th, 2015, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: