Any updates planned?
Any updates planned?

June 30th, 2018, 3:54 pm #341

Any updates planned for the new map, but also Domain of Istan and Sandswept Isles?

I use the overlay every single day and I love it to bits!

Thanks for the effort and great forum support you have been giving over the years!

June 30th, 2018, 4:12 pm #342

If you're talking about the map tiles (terrain), those haven't been updated by Anet for more than half a year now. I could superimpose a giant image file of the Domain of Istan zone over the map, but it's a hassle and a kludge. You can petition Anet to update the map on the official forum.

As for the map data, today Anet's API is having problems, for example when getting a list of items or map data, Anet only returns a random portion of them. So getting the full list of waypoints and POIs for Domain of Kourna is not feasible right now.

June 30th, 2018, 4:28 pm #343

Hello Drant! Thank you for the tool and all the hard work you do! I've been loving it! I just have one question. Is there a way I can tweak any settings to make the GPS function a bit smoother? It works, no issues there, it's just very choppy/laggy. It causes the overlay window to stutter and zip all over the place while it tries to catch up. I did notice that there was a GPS interval setting and thought that might do the trick but I noticed it said not to be lower than the overlay interval but I had no idea what that meant or where that setting was located so I wanted to check with you before I messed with it. Any help/info is greatly appreciated!

June 30th, 2018, 4:58 pm #344

Are you playing on an old computer? The overlay runs on Java and uses an embedded web browser, so it does demand CPU. The IE version of the overlay is guaranteed to be slow because it uses the old browser engine, but the Chromium should be fast. Also, the 3D version of the overlay is even slower because it has selective transparency and fullscreen size.

The GPS interval is 50 milliseconds by default, that means it reads and updates your position 20 times per second. To make it faster you first have to open GW2Navi\bin\options.ini and change GPS_REFRESH_RATE to a lower number. Then on the overlay click the GPS icon and change GPS Interval to that same number so it "syncs up".

You can try these two MumbleLink/GPS based overlays and see if they also stutter, GPS-wise:
http://www.timscloud.uk/GW2/Manual/Manual.html
http://www.gw2taco.com/

odeth
odeth

July 8th, 2018, 8:45 am #345

im sure this is a very dumb question but is it possible for me to edit/change the built in world completion route that comes with the app? I want to change certain things so its updated for mounts and to skip certain things. thanks!

July 8th, 2018, 3:57 pm #346

The world completion routes come from a static file https://gw2timer.com/data/itinerary.js

But the paths generated on the map are very customizable. Right click on map > Path > Help for things you can do with the paths. You can drag the pins, or insert a pin by double clicking within the path. Use the Load/Save feature to save the path to your browser/computer. To share the path with others: Path > URL

If you want to add annotations then right click on map > Compass > Comment write a text then use a "compass pin" to add to the map. Tell me if you need more help.
Last edited by Drant on July 8th, 2018, 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

odeth
odeth

July 9th, 2018, 7:27 am #347

thanks for the quick reply, ill look more into it

Bols
Bols

July 26th, 2018, 9:38 am #348

Hi, I have a 2 monitors. a regular 1080p and an ultrawide 1080p.
I play GW2 in the ultrawide but the overlay has white spaces. I use Java 10. I read the troubleshooting part and it says use Java 8 instead. Is there another way?

Also, if I drag the overlay to my regular 1080p monitor, the white spaces disappears but the opacity is really low even if i set it to 100%. Like i can barely see the overlay.

Btw, thanks for the awesome app. <3

odeth
odeth

July 26th, 2018, 10:33 am #349

been using the app for like 6+ months now with no issue, and now it's not launching for some reason. I see it pop up in the task manager for like 2 seconds and then it closes by itself. did an update happen to cause issues or something?

July 26th, 2018, 3:06 pm #350

Bols,
Please give me screenshots of your problem on your regular and ultrawide monitors.

odeth,
The overlay does not have an "auto-update". Maybe you updated Java or it updated itself? You can try uninstalling your current Java and install JRE 8. Try the "Overlay won't start or javaw not found." part in the troubleshoot.

When I have time I'll recompile the program to Java 10 and see if there's any issues.

odeth
odeth

July 26th, 2018, 7:37 pm #351

okay will do, thanks

Bols
Bols

July 26th, 2018, 10:49 pm #352

Drant wrote:Bols,
Please give me screenshots of your problem on your regular and ultrawide monitors.

When I have time I'll recompile the program to Java 10 and see if there's any issues.

The overlay on the regular 1080p is solid if it's my active window but as soon as the ultrawide is the active one, it becomes transparent.

My ideal scenario is having the overlay on my ultrawide or i'll put it on the regular 1080p but I want it solid so it's visible.
Last edited by Bols on July 27th, 2018, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2018, 2:21 am #353

Bols,
I couldn't get my IDE (compiler) to work with Java 10, but I was able to run the overlay using the javaw.exe from C:\Program Files\Java\jre-10.0.2\bin
I did not get the white background that you experienced, but I am using only one monitor.

What happens you left click or right click on the white background? Is the white part always that size? How does it grow or shrink?

If you want the overlay to be opaque/solid when unfocused then turn off "Opacity Focused"

Then it will use whatever transparency level you set by right clicking the top bar.

odeth,
Please use the "Option B" bundle in the Downloads section (first post of this thread). That will always use Java 9.

Bols
Bols

July 27th, 2018, 10:12 am #354

Drant wrote:Bols,
I couldn't get my IDE (compiler) to work with Java 10, but I was able to run the overlay using the javaw.exe from C:\Program Files\Java\jre-10.0.2\bin
I did not get the white background that you experienced, but I am using only one monitor.

What happens you left click or right click on the white background? Is the white part always that size? How does it grow or shrink?

If you want the overlay to be opaque/solid when unfocused then turn off "Opacity Focused"

Then it will use whatever transparency level you set by right clicking the top bar.

odeth,
Please use the "Option B" bundle in the Downloads section (first post of this thread). That will always use Java 9.
Thanks, man! I solved the transparency issue. It would be great if the white space gets fixed though. But it's fine. <3

Oh, the white space scales with the size of the UI.

Bols
Bols

August 4th, 2018, 2:24 pm #355

Now even the overlay on my other monitor has white spaces.. :(

August 4th, 2018, 2:45 pm #356

Try the 3D version. Or use the Java 9 bundle version in the download instructions.

August 26th, 2018, 7:30 pm #357

First of all: fantastic program

my only problem is with the notification announcer voice, i would like to disable it and get popup notifications instead.

i found the checkboxes to enable this and told my pc to allow popups from https://gw2timer.com.

works perfectly in the browser version, i get popups and no voice announcer, but i can't seem to get popups from the GW2Navi overlay version.

the message that i get is "your browser does not seem to support desktop notifications."

i get the feeling that i'm overlooking something.

thanks for taking the time

August 26th, 2018, 10:54 pm #358

The browser in GW2Navi is not a full fledged browser, so I don't think it has desktop notifications. Also, the popups do not show over the game when you're in Windowed Fullscreen, so I would have to program in the always-on-top popups for GW2Navi to emulate desktop notifications.

If you want to turn off all the voice then click on Alarm then uncheck "Enable speech sounds".

August 27th, 2018, 6:12 pm #359

mmm, is there no way to have let's say something flashing up in the overlay to attract your attention? or a popup in the overlay itself?

i usually run the overlay on a second screen so i don't need really need popups over my game.

the problem with the overlay is that if you don't have sound on, there is no way to be alerted

anyway, thank you for replying

August 28th, 2018, 2:02 am #360

I can add a console message (that green text on the top left) instead of a desktop popup.

August 28th, 2018, 12:32 pm #361

that would work, thanks.

at least there will be a notification now :love:

is there maybe a way to let something flash a couple of times? to attract your attention?
maybe something like with the objectives in WvW when they switch color, that works fantastic

really appriciate that you are taking the time for comments

August 29th, 2018, 5:33 am #362

I added an option to see desktop notification contents as a console message.

I'll add styling and animation later when I have time.

August 29th, 2018, 2:24 pm #363

Thank you very much!
:cry:

September 18th, 2018, 2:01 pm #364

Have ANet just completely forgotten or given up on updating the map tiles after PoF lol? I'm not familiar with the development side of things for the APIs & Navi but is the background image we see in Navi generated based on the API or is it just an image? Would it be possible to get the map created by That_Shaman for his historical guide and use that instead of relying on Anet or too much hassle?

September 19th, 2018, 2:46 am #365

Anet had one very dedicated developer for the API, but he was reassigned and the API has only been on life support (no new features, only updates for some existing features). The piece-by-piece tiles are from Anet servers. If I "hack in" the new zones it would be a giant image on top of the tiles, and I'd rather not.

You could try requesting on the forums https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discuss ... uly-2-2018

Confirmation of reply: