October 27th, 2014, 8:29 pm #21

Please read the comments here http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comm ... i_overlay/

Use Firefox/IE/Opera/Safari whatever to download it. Chrome is a browser and not your antivirus.
Last edited by Drant on October 27th, 2014, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty
Kitty

November 2nd, 2014, 12:46 pm #22

I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work ?

November 3rd, 2014, 12:00 am #23

Did you install Java for Mac?

What happens when you try to run the .jar, did it open a window at least, or nothing happened?

Did you run it (GW2Navi_Mac32.jar or GW2Navi_Mac64.jar) from the Mac console? Try the command:

Code: Select all

java -jar Path/To/The/File/GW2Navi_Mac64.jar
Could you copy and paste me the error so I can try to fix it?

kitty cat
kitty cat

November 3rd, 2014, 2:41 am #24

Kitty wrote:I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work ?
hi yes i receive this error and I'm not sure what to do to fix it ..

“GW2Navi_Mac32.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

idk why it says something about mac store at all...

kitty cat
kitty cat

November 3rd, 2014, 2:43 am #25

kitty cat wrote:
Kitty wrote:I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work ?
hi yes i receive this error and I'm not sure what to do to fix it ..

“GW2Navi_Mac32.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

idk why it says something about mac store at all...
I'm using an old mac air but updated with yosemite this past week. i click on the 4 diff options of jar files and all give the same popup as i pasted

November 3rd, 2014, 5:37 am #26

It looks like a security message akin to Window's UAC. I don't have a Mac so I'll try to give you a Googled solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1955 ... -developer

Basically the operating system by default blocks software that aren't made by established publishers (such as companies), since I (a random person) made the program, your OS assumes it's unsafe so blocks it. You can follow the instruction in that link to turn off that feature.

Again, you should have Java installed first (if you don't know what Java is: iPhone uses the computer language Objective-C, Android phones use the computer language Java).

December 8th, 2014, 8:39 pm #27

:argh: On a Windows system, where does GW2Navi store temporary files. I clean my system daily, but don't want to clear out the temp file for GW2Navi, so if I know where they are I can keep them from being clean up.

December 8th, 2014, 9:17 pm #28

GW2Navi is a frame for Internet Explorer if you're using Windows. Cleaning IE cache is as simple as opening the IE browser and opening its options (Cog icon > Safety > Delete browsing history...). If you want to manually clean the cache, it's located at Temporary Internet Files.

Note that if you erase web storage data, the website will not remember your settings and writings.
Last edited by Drant on December 8th, 2014, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2015, 1:09 pm #29

I have tried to open both 32 and 64 versions on my macs and both gave me the same message:

The Jave JAR File "GW2Navi_Win32.jar" and "GW2Navi_Win64.jar"could not be launched.
Check the Console for possible error messages.

And thats all that happened.

Really looking forward for it to be working on Mac as all my friends who play use Mac.

Keep up the good work

PS: Running Mac Yosimite

January 17th, 2015, 9:10 pm #30

According to the filenames you said, those are Windows version. Try the Mac version GW2Navi_Mac32.jar or GW2Navi_Mac64.jar

Also, read the above posts as another Mac user encountered a problem.

Confirmation of reply: