July 23rd, 2014, 9:52 pm #11

It's either GW2Navi_Win32.jar or GW2Navi_Win64.jar in the GW2Navi folder. You probably have file extensions hidden so you don't see the ".jar" part in the filename. Double click either one depending on your system to start it.

July 23rd, 2014, 10:29 pm #12

I tried using the Win64 jar file, but it wouldn't open up. Am I doing something wrong? I have a 64bit operating system.

July 23rd, 2014, 10:34 pm #13

Forgot to add but I'm also using Windows 8.1.

July 23rd, 2014, 11:50 pm #14

Have you read the Troubleshooting section? If that doesn't work, try associating .jar files or upgrading Java

Ahriman
Ahriman

August 2nd, 2014, 7:36 am #15

How do I get this on my Mac OS?

August 2nd, 2014, 8:37 am #16

There's a bug that prevents the program from running on Mac. I don't have a Mac so I can't test if a fix works and also I don't know how many people would use GW2Navi on Mac.

Are you really interested in using this program? Do you have a Windows machine to run instead? I will reconsider fixing the Mac bug if people still want it.

kitty
kitty

August 3rd, 2014, 6:46 pm #17

this is wonderful. please make a mac version. there are so many mac players that would love this I'm sure as well as windows players. xoxo

Lytalm
Lytalm

August 9th, 2014, 9:43 pm #18

Hi! Nice program, altough I can't open the 64 bit version (even if I have 64bit windows 7), only the 32 bit will open. Also, I can't find a way to make the window "unselectable" when the GW2 windows is active, so when I end up clicking the overlay, it selects it. Any idea to get around this problem?

Thanks!

August 9th, 2014, 9:47 pm #19

Both bit versions are exactly the same, if you can run one and everything works then it's fine.

The overlay is actually just a window with Always On Top state active so it covers your GW2 screen. I hadn't thought about making it click-through, I'll find more about it and include it in future version if I can.

Edit:
I tried suggested methods to make the window click-through, but it also renders the embedded browser invisible instead of transparent. Because the browser is a separate component from Navi, I cannot change this.

I'm guessing you have a small display and that's why you need to have to Navi out of the way to click other things. I can suggest that you click the "G" button to miniaturize the overlay, if you need to click on stuff in the game.
Last edited by Drant on August 9th, 2014, 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pyrro
Pyrro

October 27th, 2014, 12:29 pm #20

Chrome detected it as malware and blocked it.

October 27th, 2014, 8:29 pm #21

Please read the comments here http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comm ... i_overlay/

Use Firefox/IE/Opera/Safari whatever to download it. Chrome is a browser and not your antivirus.
Last edited by Drant on October 27th, 2014, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty
Kitty

November 2nd, 2014, 12:46 pm #22

I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work ?

November 3rd, 2014, 12:00 am #23

Did you install Java for Mac?

What happens when you try to run the .jar, did it open a window at least, or nothing happened?

Did you run it (GW2Navi_Mac32.jar or GW2Navi_Mac64.jar) from the Mac console? Try the command:

Code: Select all

java -jar Path/To/The/File/GW2Navi_Mac64.jar
Could you copy and paste me the error so I can try to fix it?

kitty cat
kitty cat

November 3rd, 2014, 2:41 am #24

Kitty wrote:I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work ?
hi yes i receive this error and I'm not sure what to do to fix it ..

“GW2Navi_Mac32.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

idk why it says something about mac store at all...

kitty cat
kitty cat

November 3rd, 2014, 2:43 am #25

kitty cat wrote:
Kitty wrote:I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work ?
hi yes i receive this error and I'm not sure what to do to fix it ..

“GW2Navi_Mac32.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

idk why it says something about mac store at all...
I'm using an old mac air but updated with yosemite this past week. i click on the 4 diff options of jar files and all give the same popup as i pasted

November 3rd, 2014, 5:37 am #26

It looks like a security message akin to Window's UAC. I don't have a Mac so I'll try to give you a Googled solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1955 ... -developer

Basically the operating system by default blocks software that aren't made by established publishers (such as companies), since I (a random person) made the program, your OS assumes it's unsafe so blocks it. You can follow the instruction in that link to turn off that feature.

Again, you should have Java installed first (if you don't know what Java is: iPhone uses the computer language Objective-C, Android phones use the computer language Java).

December 8th, 2014, 8:39 pm #27

:argh: On a Windows system, where does GW2Navi store temporary files. I clean my system daily, but don't want to clear out the temp file for GW2Navi, so if I know where they are I can keep them from being clean up.

December 8th, 2014, 9:17 pm #28

GW2Navi is a frame for Internet Explorer if you're using Windows. Cleaning IE cache is as simple as opening the IE browser and opening its options (Cog icon > Safety > Delete browsing history...). If you want to manually clean the cache, it's located at Temporary Internet Files.

Note that if you erase web storage data, the website will not remember your settings and writings.
Last edited by Drant on December 8th, 2014, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2015, 1:09 pm #29

I have tried to open both 32 and 64 versions on my macs and both gave me the same message:

The Jave JAR File "GW2Navi_Win32.jar" and "GW2Navi_Win64.jar"could not be launched.
Check the Console for possible error messages.

And thats all that happened.

Really looking forward for it to be working on Mac as all my friends who play use Mac.

Keep up the good work

PS: Running Mac Yosimite

January 17th, 2015, 9:10 pm #30

According to the filenames you said, those are Windows version. Try the Mac version GW2Navi_Mac32.jar or GW2Navi_Mac64.jar

Also, read the above posts as another Mac user encountered a problem.

January 18th, 2015, 7:55 pm #31

Sorry, i did try the Mac version and it said the same thing:

Check the Console for possible error messages.

January 18th, 2015, 10:40 pm #32

Do you know how to open the Mac console?
When you have it open, type the command

Code: Select all

java -jar FILEPATH
where FILEPATH is the path to the .jar file along with the folder directory.

Paste the error here if you encounter it.
Last edited by Drant on January 18th, 2015, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 19th, 2015, 7:04 am #33

Hey Buddy i was able to run it on Mac without the errors but it opened then closed, im guessing it installed something but when i go in game i do not see the options button you mentioned, im not sure if it installed properly?

Btw thanks for the fast reply amazing stuff

January 19th, 2015, 7:44 pm #34

What did you see when it opened? The program is self-contained and doesn't install anything except the SWT library files I mentioned. When you run it, it should open the rectangular window as seen in the screenshots; it basically uses your operating system's default Internet browser (in this case Safari) to display the gw2timer.com website. It does not run along with GW2, as it is just a program window that's displayed on top of other windows.

I will try to install Mac OS on a virtual machine (I do not have a Mac) to test it.

January 23rd, 2015, 8:40 pm #35

I managed to run OS X Yosemite on the virtual machine and tried to run GW2Navi. I encountered the same problem the other Mac users had encountered, and finally found out that there is a bug with the software library I used. The only apparently solution is for the user to run Java 6, and I having to recompile the program to Java 6, which is very old and more likely vulnerable to security flaws, not to mention the incompatibility problems with recompiling. So for now, I have no plans to develop GW2Navi for Mac, but I have provided an alternative for those who use a Mac but would not rather alt tab.

I apologize for not having tested it on Mac sooner.
Last edited by Drant on January 23rd, 2015, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 1:49 pm #36

I'm having trouble getting the overlay to load. I'm using Windows 8.1 with IE11 and Chrome install. I'm loading the 32 bit version of the overlay. I'm not running any add blockers on IE and disabled Adblock in chrome.

I'm wanting to use the overlay primarily for farming in Drytop. Thanks for any clues!

http://i.imgur.com/cn2vuLY.png
Last edited by Guest on February 10th, 2015, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 6:37 pm #37

The program is a frame for IE, not Chrome.
Can you open Internet Explorer 11, go to http://gw2timer.com/?mode=Overlay and view it properly?

If it's erroneous like that in IE11, then press F12 in Internet Explorer 11 to open the Developer Tools window. Click on the Debugger tab and tell me if there's any errors.

If this isn't your first time using the overlay, you may want to open Internet Explorer 11 and go to http://gw2timer.com/bin/clear.html which will automatically clear all your settings on the website.

Keep posting if you're still having troubles.

February 8th, 2015, 8:20 pm #38

Hi. Guy from post 36 again. You were correct. The problem I'm having is within I.E. 11 itself and not the overlay. Here is an error codes that came up

DEBUGGER INFO

CONSOLE INFO

I loaded your link to clear settings. No change in result.

I also went through and made sure I had the latest Java plug-in. I don't normally run IE so I only have a few plug ins, Java and Last Pass (tested as disabled with no change).

February 8th, 2015, 8:27 pm #39

That debugger info screenshot helped. I think it may be this problem http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2115 ... -windows-7

Have you ran Windows Update to update IE11 to its latest patches?

February 8th, 2015, 9:29 pm #40

I have windows set to auto update so things looked good. I did a manual update to get the last few optional items loaded so now things are 100% current. No changes, unfortunately.
Last edited by Guest on December 4th, 2015, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 9:54 pm #41

IE11 Cog Icon > About Internet Explorer
Is your version higher than 11.0.9600.17501 ?

Try running this test http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/ on IE11 and see if your browser has localStorage feature disabled, meaning the test does not progress.

Another solution: Cog icon > Safety > Delete Browsing History
and checkmark as so: https://grekai.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/image3.png then press Delete.
Last edited by Drant on February 10th, 2015, 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

February 8th, 2015, 10:23 pm #42

wrote:IE11 Cog Icon > About Internet Explorer
Is your version higher than 11.0.9600.17501 ?
Running 11.0.9600.17498 (again, on Windows 8.1 Pro)
wrote:Try running this test...
localStorage: not supported
sessionStorage: not supported
globalStorage: not supported

What are the web storage settings that are required?
wrote:...Delete Browsing History...
Tried that before and again just now with no change.

Thanks for the help.

February 8th, 2015, 10:29 pm #43

IE11 Cog Icon > Internet Options > Advanced tab > scroll down to "Security" section and checkmark "Enable DOM Storage" then restart your computer.

If that doesn't work, try click both the "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset..." buttons on that window.
Last edited by Drant on February 8th, 2015, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 10:55 pm #44

Drant wrote:Okay, so there's the problem. Your IE isn't supporting localStorage or has it disabled.
http://i.imgur.com/8ZfsiJQ.gif

That's it!

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it!
Last edited by Guest on February 10th, 2015, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2015, 11:02 pm #45

:)) Enjoy

February 18th, 2015, 2:21 am #46

Nvm, ignore my nubness. Just started messing around with Navi and answered my own question.

Thanks for the great app, really loving it.
Last edited by toxicrvr on February 18th, 2015, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moonshade
Moonshade

February 18th, 2015, 7:11 am #47

I use the site a lot so figured I'd try the app overlay. The only problem I have is when I click the WP icon / scissor icon it doesn't copy to the clipboard. If I use the map I am able to copy the WP from there, but not from the compact mode. Any ideas? Win 7 x64 SP1 Java Version 8 Update 31. I had problems with the app at first like I couldn't resize or move the window. So I tried to update from IE 9 to 11 and it failed. So uninstalled IE 9, got error, fixed it then finally got IE 11 installed and the app works fine now except for the clipboard issue I mentioned. So I'm kind of thinking it may have to do with my IE install.

February 18th, 2015, 9:19 am #48

The auto-copy clipboard feature works by Adobe Flash. You need to have that plugin installed with IE for it to work.

Does it work when you're viewing the site on IE instead of on the overlay?

Edit: As of 2016-01-03, the website uses your browser's native clipboard capability, not Flash.
Last edited by Drant on April 26th, 2016, 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Moonshade
Moonshade

February 18th, 2015, 7:37 pm #49

Right before I got in bed it finally occurred to me that I should test just the website in IE, since I was always using it in Chrome. Your assumption was absolutely correct, the copy/paste wasn't working in IE. So downloaded Adobe Flash through IE and bam, it works. Thanks so much. This is gonna be my fave timer setup because it has both the alarm and overlay/re-sizing features. Without the clipboard working it was really bumming me out.

So if copy/paste/clipboard isn't working for anyone. Download and install Adobe Flash.

February 23rd, 2015, 1:18 am #50

Hi, is there a way to show the character position in the WvW live map?

February 23rd, 2015, 3:11 am #51

The WvW live map is from another website, wvwintel.com, not gw2timer.com. That's why there's no GPS.

I've yet to add the WvW map to the website. If more people want it then I'll add it.

Edit: As of 2016-01-15, gw2timer.com has a WvW live map with GPS and overlay compatibility. Click on the icon on the map to switch to the WvW map.
Last edited by Drant on May 28th, 2017, 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

February 23rd, 2015, 1:51 pm #52

If you add my character position on the WvW map, I'll donate $20. Honest to god ☺

Schrubbii
Schrubbii

April 10th, 2015, 5:42 pm #53

Downloaded everything. When I try to start it, 3 new processes are generated in my Taskmanager and disappear like 2secs later. Rightclick -> Run As doesnt work any better... Ideas?

April 10th, 2015, 7:03 pm #54

Did you download the latest Java version in your OS? The GW2Navi_Win32.jar and GW2Navi_Win64.jar files correspond to the x86 and x64 version of Java you installed. You could read the earlier posts about running .jar files. What is your operating system and bit version? And what Java version did you install?

Keep posting if you need more help.
Last edited by Drant on April 10th, 2015, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2015, 1:34 am #55

The overlay appears properly on all windows except for the actual game client. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

April 29th, 2015, 4:56 am #56

Set your Resolution to Windowed Fullscreen like so: http://i.imgur.com/DO8Bf5p.png

Azuredream
Azuredream

June 12th, 2015, 4:17 pm #57

Hello!
Awesome tool from the look of it. But its window looking all messy for me. 32-bit version, 64 won't work.
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/navi.1434125783.jpg - screenshot.
Please, help. Java is latest version.

June 12th, 2015, 6:31 pm #58

What operating system are you using? Windows XP/7/8/10? (Windows XP is not supported, and I only tested it in Windows 7).

The window bar should not look like that; the 1234AB icons should be visible and the background should be the same color as the rest of the bar, not gray.

My guess why the webpage is displayed like that is because your Internet Explorer is too old (the overlay embeds your Internet browser to display the website). You'll need to update it to version 11.

Keep posting and I'll help you.

Azuredream
Azuredream

June 13th, 2015, 2:49 pm #59

You know... I updated IE to 11, and it started to look normally. Although menu (upper part of the window, above address) is still invisible, like in my first screenshot. But at least it tracks me, and so on.

June 13th, 2015, 7:15 pm #60

Try hiding the address bar from the ≡ icon (menu). Is it still the same color?
Are you sure your Java is the latest? What version of Windows are you using?

Right click the overlay window bar to show the context menu (the popup menu when you right click somewhere) and go to Colors > Load Theme. Try any of the themes 1-4 and see if the color changes, you can set the color yourself by choosing any of the "Set" choices.

Confirmation of reply: