What Ted wanted?

What Ted wanted?

March 17th, 2004, 4:22 am #1

FYI......this article is new and is quite interesting in that it adds (or) offers another side to the story of cryonics....

http://www.baseballology.com/article.ph ... cleID=2109

March 17th, 2004, 5:05 am #2

another twist and turn

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 17th, 2004, 5:46 am #3

FYI......this article is new and is quite interesting in that it adds (or) offers another side to the story of cryonics....

...*love* John? Would they? I don't think they would, it's just too low. Instead, they question Ted's judgement, and Ted's abilities, they essentially depreciate him to the point of incapable senility; that he couldn't make decisions and that he was completely controlled by JHW. How could people who love someone go to these depths? If I felt that someone I loved was rejecting me because they were senile (and felt someone was controlling them), I would just let it go; I would never depreciate them over something like that, I would be happy with the time I spent with them.

I think that Ted geniunely loved his son. I don't think any respectible person would say otherwise.

March 17th, 2004, 6:02 am #4

I agree completely that Ted loved his son. He trusted him very much. But, after 3 strokes and the half a day surgery in california, I must say that Ted's faculties were NOT completely in order. He was, to some extent, senile. He had suffered great side effects from the strokes. I just think he was a little taken advantage of in the end, when he was unable to realize what was going on. In between the dialysis at his house each day, he slept and he was confused upon wakening. I just think it turned out bad for a lot of reasons. I don't think anyone could question whether Ted loved his children, or them him, just what was best to do after his death. Why not an updated will stating cryonics? It only takes a call to one of the many attorneys there (one living in Ted's neighborhood) to legally change the will. Why wasn't it done? I won't ever understand it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 17th, 2004, 6:22 am #5

Certainly no one would be talking about it right now if a will change was done. Although conspiracy people will always find a way to say something; heck, if Ted's signature is on the DOG, people are already claiming that JHW would've forged it! How's that for unreasonable?

What I think is important is whether or not Ted loved his son. What I think is important is whether or not Ted would be happy with what is son did (and I'm sorry, I take people who depreciate Ted words with a grain of salt). Why can't we be positive here? Why must we go "Ted was senile and John was a con"?

Depreciate them both won't we...

March 17th, 2004, 7:20 am #6

Well, I just happen to have known them both, and in the end, yes ~ Ted was not altogether thinking correctly. Senile seems to harsh, but he was not himself and would often forget what he was saying in mid sentence. JH....well, he always was a sneak. The longer the nurses and staff were around and the more info they gathered, next thing you know, they were fired! As far as the forgery goes, John Henry was well known to forge his dad's signature and at times, even bragged about how good it was. That will follow him even now.....

March 17th, 2004, 7:22 am #7

I don't think the question is whether TW loved his son (and other children)...I think everyone in the family and friends know without a doubt that he did. He was a loving man. A big teddy bear. Very proud of his kids, regardless of how others view them.

TWrelated
TWrelated

March 17th, 2004, 3:34 pm #8

However, I just read an interesting article on elder abuse. Let me outline the classic scenario:

A person enters the elderly person's life. Slowly they befriend them and win their confidence, assuming more and more responsibilities. First through simple acts, eventually controlling the financial and legal responsibilities as well, including obtaining power of attorney over all their affairs. They also isolate the elderly person from lifelong family and friends, further controlling them by being their sole contact with the outside world.

Now, I don't doubt that TW loved JH and JH loved him. But as a family member this is exactly the scenario I witnessed. I have talked with family members who experienced the same thing, and I have been fortunate to meet some of TW's oldest and dearest friends and they also had the same experience.

Everyone was cut-off from contact with TW.

I feel horrible that as his body aged and failed him he had no access to the people who also loved him and could provide some comfort.

I have a cousin who knew JH at about age 14. He claims JH said his aim in life was to get everything from his father, and he succeeded.

If there is a God, I think he's looking out for TW after all.

sportzking
sportzking

March 17th, 2004, 7:38 pm #9

Well, I just happen to have known them both, and in the end, yes ~ Ted was not altogether thinking correctly. Senile seems to harsh, but he was not himself and would often forget what he was saying in mid sentence. JH....well, he always was a sneak. The longer the nurses and staff were around and the more info they gathered, next thing you know, they were fired! As far as the forgery goes, John Henry was well known to forge his dad's signature and at times, even bragged about how good it was. That will follow him even now.....
Correcto moondo, thekid09 speaks the truth. Thanks to JHW fraudulant activities as to the signing his father's signature. All sports memorabilia with Ted's signature has turn a poor price, simply because JHW was well known and even bragged about how he could sign his fathers name. Whenever you look at a baseball or a bat or a photograph with TW's signature on it, you have to stop and wonder is it real or is it JHW.

sportzking
sportzking

March 17th, 2004, 7:47 pm #10

However, I just read an interesting article on elder abuse. Let me outline the classic scenario:

A person enters the elderly person's life. Slowly they befriend them and win their confidence, assuming more and more responsibilities. First through simple acts, eventually controlling the financial and legal responsibilities as well, including obtaining power of attorney over all their affairs. They also isolate the elderly person from lifelong family and friends, further controlling them by being their sole contact with the outside world.

Now, I don't doubt that TW loved JH and JH loved him. But as a family member this is exactly the scenario I witnessed. I have talked with family members who experienced the same thing, and I have been fortunate to meet some of TW's oldest and dearest friends and they also had the same experience.

Everyone was cut-off from contact with TW.

I feel horrible that as his body aged and failed him he had no access to the people who also loved him and could provide some comfort.

I have a cousin who knew JH at about age 14. He claims JH said his aim in life was to get everything from his father, and he succeeded.

If there is a God, I think he's looking out for TW after all.
Twrelated, Let's see if you are truly a family member. Are you familiar with the JHW/Cat occurrence when JHW was a teen? And if so, you do not need to tell me the details just tell me where it occurred. Relax, I am on your side.