What is Linkite and why is it Zmax now?

What is Linkite and why is it Zmax now?

December 25th, 2002, 6:57 pm #1

I just saw my first Zmax commercial on MSNBC in a long time! Zmax now has "Linkite" added. I wonder what that is?

This forum, by the way, is getting LOTS of hits! We don't have a lot of posters but we're getting lots of regular visitors. Yesterday's hit counter registered 294.

Now keep in mind, 1 person can rack up a number of hits. But I don't think 1 person would rack up THAT many hits a day. I'll try to analyse the counter a little more soon.

What is Linkite? That's the question for this thread. I'll made the hit counter another thread's topic so please don't talk about that aspect in this thread. Thanks.

Good work by everyone here, by the way!
Last edited by recreation on September 29th, 2010, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Smoot
John Smoot

December 26th, 2002, 4:27 am #2

I called a 1-800 number for zMAX in the past. I don't know it now, but I must of got the number off the web. I've talked to a couple of the employees of zMAX. One was very talkative and somewhat helpful. You might try this approach, explaining how you created this forum, etc. and get them to tell you something about Linkite. I'm almost sure it's just a trade name (like Kleenex) that they are using. It would be very interesting to know more. Good Luck!

SCOTT
SCOTT

December 30th, 2002, 4:48 pm #3

You would be astonished by an investigation NBC affiliates are doing on ZMAX...to sum it up...DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. Don't you think oil manufacturer's would have added this stuff to their product a long time ago if it were legit!?!?

PCD
PCD

December 30th, 2002, 7:44 pm #4

Scott,

I hadn't heard anything about NBC looking into this. I would be interested if you know of any litigation against the purveyors of zMax other than the FTC, I'd be very interested. You see, my Thunderbird Super Coupe is a victim of zMax. I'm having to pay for an engine rebuild because of that "snake oil". It was dissolving the neoprene fuel lines connecting the fuel rails for my engine, and some of that goo did a number on my fuel injectors. My head gaskets were being eaten by zMax causing one to fail causing antifreeze to get into one engine cylinder and into the oiling system. I may have to replace the engine's bearings because of that along with all the gaskets. Finally, the timing cover seal is failing and leaking oil. There was nothing wrong with my gaskets or seals until I used zMax.

I fear that I may have to replace my oil pump, too. I don't have the total bill in yet, but this is going to cost about $1000. If I went to a Ford garage, it would be costing me $2000, if they didn't hook me for a whole new engine. Ford isn't building any new Super Charged 3.8L engines for my T-Bird. So guess what a Ford garage would soak me for that.

Galling is that the remedy the FTC is asking for is only the refund of the product price. $25 is a big deal compared to the bill caused me by zMax.

Dan Mehlhorn
PCD90TBird@Yahoo.com

John Smoot
John Smoot

December 30th, 2002, 11:03 pm #5

You would be astonished by an investigation NBC affiliates are doing on ZMAX...to sum it up...DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. Don't you think oil manufacturer's would have added this stuff to their product a long time ago if it were legit!?!?
Scott, tell us more about the investigation. It would be cool if some entity with alot of money on hand would do a thorough investigation into these additives. Let us know what you've got.

JACK GRALLA
JACK GRALLA

March 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm #6

I called a 1-800 number for zMAX in the past. I don't know it now, but I must of got the number off the web. I've talked to a couple of the employees of zMAX. One was very talkative and somewhat helpful. You might try this approach, explaining how you created this forum, etc. and get them to tell you something about Linkite. I'm almost sure it's just a trade name (like Kleenex) that they are using. It would be very interesting to know more. Good Luck!
I WATCH TWO GUYS GARAGE OVER THE YEARS AND FOUND ONE OF THE STARS, SAM MEMOLO, TO CONVEY A SENSE OF HONESTY AND INTEGRITY TO THE T.V. AUDIENCE. THIS PAST SUNDAY A PORTION OF THE SHOW WAS DEDICATED TO ZMAX. ONE OF THE STAFF FROM ZMAX SHOWED AND EXPLAINED HOW THE PRODUCT WAS DEVELOPED AND HOW IT WORKS. I HAVE TO SAY I WAS IMPRESSED. BEFORE I BUY IT I WANT TO DO A LITTLE MORE HOMEWORK. I HAVE A 2001 OLDS ALERO 6-CYL AND I SUSPECT THERE IS SOME CARBON BUILD-UP. IF I CAN GET SOME HELP AS TO WHERE I CAN GET A TRUE TESTIMONIAL TO SEE IF THIS PROCUCT REALLY WORKS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU;

JACK GRALLA