Welcome Back

Welcome Back

xtrams
xtrams

December 14th, 2003, 10:04 am #1

Well done Rick, I look forward to the inevitable discussions here on matters cryonic never mentioned elsewhere.

Perhaps we might start by trying to find out how the Chamberlains are these days, I hope Linda is beating her disease.

Rick
Rick

December 14th, 2003, 1:50 pm #2

Yes, we'll see how this goes. I think there's more flexibility here so we may see some interesting posts. Or maybe not. It sure would be nice to see a hello from the Chamberlains-- instead of this complete disappearing act. It's pretty weird for Chamberlains' to completely disappear like that especially since Linda was the one who pushed the "Lifepact" idea that enabled cryonicists to watch out for one another.

April 27th, 2004, 8:19 pm #3

speed here....today I decided to go all the way back to the beginning of this forum). Any further word on this?

I had a very nice conversation with her a few years back. I was in Florida of course, but during that period of time--around the turn of the century I think--I was calling up CI and Alcor to get details on their procedures. I remember 2-3 calls where I talked to people on Alcor staff, then had a chance to chat with Linda directly, which was nice. I really did admire what they'd been able to accomplish.

April 27th, 2004, 8:27 pm #4

I have a few bit and pieces of information that may even be findable here using search, but I don't know how much is public and willingly shared and how much is supposed to be private. Certainly Fred and Linda are not appearing on Cryonet, but then we all know that. I have no idea where her cancer fight is. I'm sure with a little research we could find out, but I'm getting the idea that when people don't appear willingly, that it's generally frowned upon to go dig for it. I'd simply like the Chamberlains to come out of hiding on their own.

April 27th, 2004, 8:34 pm #5

I was just hoping for whatever might be publicly known, so just knowing that it was cancer helps.

She has my best wishes, and hopes for a good outcome, whatever that may come to mean for her.

April 27th, 2004, 8:46 pm #6

I have a few bit and pieces of information that may even be findable here using search, but I don't know how much is public and willingly shared and how much is supposed to be private. Certainly Fred and Linda are not appearing on Cryonet, but then we all know that. I have no idea where her cancer fight is. I'm sure with a little research we could find out, but I'm getting the idea that when people don't appear willingly, that it's generally frowned upon to go dig for it. I'd simply like the Chamberlains to come out of hiding on their own.
after I read of Ettingers deanimation plans. That reminds me of a followup question I had for the compilers of the "top 20 lists". Looks like that is locked (to prevent I fight, perhaps? ) so I'll post it separately...
Last edited by Lloyd_Arising on April 27th, 2004, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.