Use Prolong Super Lubricants...

Use Prolong Super Lubricants...

Jack
Jack

March 16th, 2002, 5:05 am #1

If all of you guys want to reduce friction and extend the life of your transmission, use Prolong Transmission Treatment. I always put alot of strain on my transmission because my '81 Mercedes 300D Diesel is so slow. I have never damaged my transmission with Prolong in it. Prior to adding Prolong, I blew out my transmission twice because of the pressure I put on it.

John Smoot
John Smoot

March 17th, 2002, 2:24 am #2

It sounds to me that your overpriced German auto may have a weak transmission design. You state that the car is "so slow"...that equates to low engine horsepower, which should strain any auto trans LESS, not more. Prolong may indeed help. Or the last guy to do the rebuild may have done a better job than the previous 2. Or you're just lucky, so far. You might want to consider a good USA car before you drop another couple of grand on the next transmission job.

steve muse
steve muse

May 3rd, 2002, 3:12 pm #3

Seems like he defending Zmax pretty hard. I have never used it and after seeing the FTC has filed a complaint against i doubt i ever will.

John Smoot
John Smoot

May 7th, 2002, 3:29 am #4

Nope, not a stoolie. I'm a automotive enthusiast. I like to try to improve upon designs, efficiency, power, etc. I hold a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering and have interest in related things. And, I'm interested in things like Zmax who claim to have the answer. I've tried several products, including Prolong, Duralube, Slick 50, and, of course, Zmax. So far, Zmax is THE ONLY PRODUCT I'VE TRIED, THAT SHOWS MEASURABLE IMPROVEMENT AT ALL. Now, I could write a short thesis on why I think Zmax is different, better, yadda, yadda. Instead I will simply refer you to my previous statement in bold type. That makes it easy for clueless people, like you, who just want the simple facts. Besides, as you stated, you've never even tried it! Save your money. I doubt that you'd know how to determine and quantify any improvements.

david yada yada
david yada yada

June 22nd, 2002, 7:42 pm #5

Insults are a sign of a small mind.Guy suspects favoritism and you insult him?I believe you do have a BS.If you are what you say you are how about posting some of your own tests on the subject instead of just giving your opinion.And insults.

david yada yada
david yada yada

June 22nd, 2002, 7:50 pm #6

Seems like he defending Zmax pretty hard. I have never used it and after seeing the FTC has filed a complaint against i doubt i ever will.
Smart man.Wait to see what the FTC gets out of thier suit before spending money.Do some research on linkite and you will find out its nothing new and although people hav eused it for years it wasn't as an oil additive.And the only thing Smoot had to offer is an opinion and an insult.Not a very good testimonial.And I just bought my last G.M. car Smoots coment about buying a good american made car neds to be clarified.I dont think they make one.

John Smoot
John Smoot

July 9th, 2002, 3:24 am #7

Insults are a sign of a small mind.Guy suspects favoritism and you insult him?I believe you do have a BS.If you are what you say you are how about posting some of your own tests on the subject instead of just giving your opinion.And insults.
If you would use the little bar on the left of your screen, hold down your left button on your mouse, and move the bar down...aw, come on dumb****! Scroll down! There you go...

You will find results I shared from using ZMax in my own vehicle. It was a 99 Silverado, 4x4, ext. cab, 5.3 liter, auto. If you can't figure out how to perform the scroll down I described for you in great detail, I'll quickly summarize my results: About 7% improvement in gas mileage. Ta da! And, as I also have stated before, this whole improvement has to be due to reduction of friction in the engine. Without trying to teach a monkey calculus (or insult your very touchy ego), I will just say: "that is fairly amazing"! This stuff does work. I don't know if it is good for your auto in the long run. I don't know if it's worth the cost. I don't know if you'll be able to buy it tomorrow. And...It is the only stuff I've tried that results in has a measurable improvement at all. I've tried most of them.

Sorry Mr. Yadda if I've hurt your sensitive feelings. Just trying to help.

Peter Zappe
Peter Zappe

September 25th, 2002, 1:10 pm #8

Smart man.Wait to see what the FTC gets out of thier suit before spending money.Do some research on linkite and you will find out its nothing new and although people hav eused it for years it wasn't as an oil additive.And the only thing Smoot had to offer is an opinion and an insult.Not a very good testimonial.And I just bought my last G.M. car Smoots coment about buying a good american made car neds to be clarified.I dont think they make one.
Due to persistant sleep apnia...I spend most of my night on the computer and watching T.V. or reading. One night I came across the Z-Max infomircial. Impossible I thought. This stuff couldn't possibly work that good. Well, the cheapest I've found this stuff for is 35 bucks. But with a class action suite filed against Z-MAX I think I'll do myself and my Jeep a favor and just stick to changing the oil every 3000 miles and perform regular maintanice. Now isn't that what our daddys taught us. I don't have a BA in automechanic...but do I really need one to tell that ZMAX is BS. Everyone stop fighting over this.... and stop trying to buy a 35 dollar miracle.

john smoot
john smoot

September 27th, 2002, 10:44 pm #9

Your response put a lump in my throat...Next time try this one: " Can't we all just get along (tears flowing)?"

Peter Zappe
Peter Zappe

October 1st, 2002, 5:23 pm #10

Your an idiot....... People visit this site to try to enligthen themselves on a product that is used in cunjunction with a very important tool; thier car. For some bizarre reasone you seem to feel that this is your own personal opportunity to try your hand at stand up comedy. Now I'm just speaking for myself, I just don't find you very humerous. But according to posted responses, it also seems as if several other people don't find you ammusing either. Your remeinisant of dummys I knew in highschool who werent big enough to make the football team and to ugly to get a date to the prom; so now that your older you go around with this big chip on your shoulder, bashing everyone the first chance you get. I'm a patient person not usually swayed to anger, but I'm pretty sure if I ever met you in person you'd have a lump in more than just your throat. Piss of buddy and go beat your dog or whatever it is you do to make yourself feel like more of a man. PZ