Reply to Non E. Moose's "Cut/Paste and the Libertarian Party."

Reply to Non E. Moose's "Cut/Paste and the Libertarian Party."

j.t. searcy
j.t. searcy

January 18th, 2004, 7:05 am #1

The url you pointed to listed nine sources of anti-libertarian data, with four more to be added later. Thank's to Rick's post "I Will Never Make Cut and Paste Easy Here", I don't have to feel guilty for not reading all of them. Thanks Rick.

I read a little from "Your future in Libertopia, the ultimate "freedom" of a life of slavery." It says: "The human as property is the basis that the Libertarians use to justify the "right" to sell one's self into slavery. Of course Libertarian Party members say this can only happen by consent, but this is not so." That is a flat lie!!

I am reminded of 1984's "double speak". Freedom is slavery, good is bad, up is down (the last two were my creations only meant to get a point across).
Slavery is by definition involuntary servitude. One cannot possible sell oneself into slavery. It couldn't happen under a Libertarian government or the current government.

If I said to Bill Gates: "Give me X dollars and I will be your slave", that contract would be found void under the current or Libertarian system and you know that! The contract would have to specify my duties and length of employment. I would always have the right to quit!

This same article continues: "In a situation where a person has incurred a debt they cannot repay it allows the person owed the moneys to file suit to seize the property of the debtor. And the final, last piece of property owned would be their body."

Perhaps you might feel the above statement should not apply if YOU incurred a loan. I bet if someone incurred a loan from you, it would be a different story! As for the "body" part, that is silly. It doesn't matter how much property or money I might owe someone, neither the current nor a Libertarian government would allow the person owed the money to claim a body. Such nonsense!

One of the four "to be added" items is one titled: "Libertarian Hogs at the Tax Trough". I assume it will be referring to the libertarians who advocate taking Matching Funds for elections. Some do. I don't! I stood up at a libertarian meeting many years ago and said if they took such "loot" I would quit the party. Many others have said the same thing.

All political parties contain a few people whose views are not consistent with the mainstream view of their party. The R & D's are constantly at each other's throats for such disagreements. I don't hear a general outcry to use that as an excuse not to vote for either. Most people who are registered R's will vote for the R's and ditto for the D's, no matter how much in-fighting there is.

I can only assume that all the other sources mentioned in the url are just as convoluted in their arguments.

I could point out many sources of freedom oriented literature that I have read and suggest you read them. Atlas Shrugged, The Ayn Rand Letters, The Federalist Papers (I only read half of them), etc. I would recommend the U.S. Constitution! It is not very long.
J.T.

AkwardMan
AkwardMan

January 18th, 2004, 9:03 am #2

Here is an interesting article about the real LaRouche:
http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=24513

Rick
Rick

January 18th, 2004, 12:42 pm #3

You said the article is interesting. What, in particular, is interesting to you? As you're likely aware, I'm a Larouche fan and a fellow "Classical Humanist" so I'd be interested in what you find interesting in that link you posted. (By the way, in a private email from Larouche himself, although he expressed doubts to me about suspended animation for humans, he left the door open-- which is a much more positive response than I expected. He expressed a view on radical amortality too, couching it albeit in terms of standard Classical immortality. Given these relatively unexpected not-so-negative-after-all responses, I'm poised to invite more Classical Humanists who follow Larouche into cryonics & other anti-mortality venues for discussion. Hold onto your hat.)

AkwardMan
AkwardMan

January 18th, 2004, 11:07 pm #4

"According to this self-described leading economist of the twentieth century, British monarchy secretly runs the world. Even the Nazi Germany was designed and shaped from London. London not only runs drug cartels but also imposes various methods of psychological control like Jazz and the Beatles. It also successfully uses such agents as Jews and the Episcopal Church to run its operations. Once he comes to power LaRouche promises to eliminate the principal London's agency in the United States: "the Nazi Jewish lobby." Jews in general and Zionism in particular have a special place in LaRouche's ideology. He refers to the latter as "the state of collective psychosis." "

This is very weird - that he'd be able to raise so much money dispite having such far out ideas. It is sorta scary.

Rick
Rick

January 19th, 2004, 12:13 am #5

What is zionism?

AwkwardMan
AwkwardMan

January 19th, 2004, 12:43 am #6

A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

January 19th, 2004, 12:53 am #7

...or anti-semite, or both?

j.t. searcy
j.t. searcy

January 19th, 2004, 1:04 am #8

Here is an interesting article about the real LaRouche:
http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=24513
It seems that Rick is alone in his support of LaRouche. Even my Google search turned up nothing but negative comments. Who is Lyndon LaRouche?
J.T.

j.t. searcy
j.t. searcy

January 19th, 2004, 1:12 am #9

A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.
My Google search turned up this: Zionism, the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel. The term "Zionism" was coined in 1893 by Nathan Birnbaum.

Who is Lyndon LaRouche?
J.T.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 19th, 2004, 1:21 am #10

It seems that Rick is alone in his support of LaRouche. Even my Google search turned up nothing but negative comments. Who is Lyndon LaRouche?
J.T.
Jerry,

You might have already come accross this page:

http://www.rickross.com/groups/larouche.html

but It says a lot about LaRouche. He is a very dangerous man. Although, since his jail sentance in the late 80's, his followers have fallen greatly in numbers.

It is basically a political cult.