REASONS FIGHT AGING blog.... recent entries.

REASONS FIGHT AGING blog.... recent entries.

November 23rd, 2012, 10:08 pm #1

November 23rd, 2012, 10:10 pm #2

Living in fear of being dead is of debatable rationality, but living in fear of chronic pain and suffering seems eminently rational to me. You'd be terrified if a random thug could credibly threaten you with half the physical harm that aging is capable of. Fear is a great motivator, but unfortunately far from reliable in what it motivates people to do: the various shadings of fear are well characterized by a loss of analysis and control.

http://www.fightaging.org/archives/2012 ... -aging.php

November 23rd, 2012, 10:11 pm #3

Maybe we are just too tired from aging.

Clearly, if we did have a greater "fear of aging" or fear of death for that matter, we would see more people focus on the core principles that sustain or enhance life. Diet, Exercise and Enlightenment. But we don't for the most part. Maybe we are just too tired from aging. I just read that diet can significantly reduce the risks from dying by the top 15 causes of death in the U.S., but society moves very slowly to change. Many of us are TV coach potatoes, and more an more of Americans are not focused on life-time learning and faith. Change for the better seem more difficult that decline. In fact, positive change only occurs when their dissatisfaction with their current status is greater than their normal resistance to change. [Change = D>R] So we push the problem on others like government, doctors, big Pharma, big Insurance, when we need to take personal responsibility to get back to basics. Just my two cents.

Posted by: Frank at November 21, 2012 8:18 AM