Nanoaging guy promoting CryoQuebec.

Nanoaging guy promoting CryoQuebec.

[C R Y O Q U E B E C]
[C R Y O Q U E B E C]

November 24th, 2004, 9:05 pm #1

I don't put too much stock in nanoaging guy's attempt to promote a cryonics org in Quebec. I looked at his webpage but there's no indication there of anything important, unless he has something going with the Miller brothers. The most important question for Quebec based cryonics is-- what are Miller's arrangements? If Miller has trained cryonicists around him, they're not needed 99% of the time-- so they could easily be reassigned to deal with other cryonics people. Similarly, Don Laughlin, mega-millionnaire Laughlin has a trained group around him all the time, but he doesn't make them available to a community of cryonicists there either. I don't think the guys with money really understand cryonics very deeply. Nanoaging guy might not, either.

FD
FD

November 25th, 2004, 6:51 am #2

I don't know what Miller or Laughlin do in their secretive back rooms, but you can only pay people to do so much, and when you are dead, they will totally do whatever they want. My guess is these rich boys aren't as bright about cryonics as one would hope.

As to the Quebecois who wants to go door to door recruiting for cryonics, I hope he tries it in Quebec, and in French. If it works, he can translate it to English, and hopefully not a moment sooner. The rest of us north of the Rio Grande would prefer not to see articles in the Arizona Republic about things such as this.

BTW, anyone wanting a virtual door-to-door, just paste this:
http://www.watchtower.org/

Have fun, kiddies.

Rick
Rick

November 29th, 2004, 1:59 pm #3

I don't put too much stock in nanoaging guy's attempt to promote a cryonics org in Quebec. I looked at his webpage but there's no indication there of anything important, unless he has something going with the Miller brothers. The most important question for Quebec based cryonics is-- what are Miller's arrangements? If Miller has trained cryonicists around him, they're not needed 99% of the time-- so they could easily be reassigned to deal with other cryonics people. Similarly, Don Laughlin, mega-millionnaire Laughlin has a trained group around him all the time, but he doesn't make them available to a community of cryonicists there either. I don't think the guys with money really understand cryonics very deeply. Nanoaging guy might not, either.
I'll cover Jonathan Depres' topics on aging in Futurenaut. [+]

Rick
Rick

November 29th, 2004, 2:07 pm #4

McGill U is a world-famous university and there ought to be a good cryobiology department there.

Alcor's coverage for members living at a distance from the lab will change in 2005 as the new comprehensive standby kicks in-- and it apparently includes Canada. I don't know how that's possible but it is apparently.

The Miller Brothers who run the Future Electonics dist'n co in Montreal might be Alcor members (speculation on my part)-- so Montreal is becoming more "cryonics safe" in a way.

Depres himself isn't clearly signed up with anyone. I'll try to find out if he is signed up or not.

November 29th, 2004, 10:39 pm #5

Or are you all in favor of a door-to-door cryo-preacher?

-J

Rick
Rick

November 29th, 2004, 11:53 pm #6

?

FD
FD

November 30th, 2004, 6:53 am #7

What the hell IS "nanoaging" anyway? Somebody asked him that and last I looked nobody replied. The term makes about as much sense as "microswimming" or "kilostomping".

What it has to do with cryonics I have no idea.

Either he is a totally loose screw, or he is also that and trying to start up a cultish organization based on a meaningless catch-phrase.

Somebody convince me I am wrong.

Rick
Rick

November 30th, 2004, 10:36 am #8

?

Fake Shemp
Fake Shemp

November 30th, 2004, 4:55 pm #9

What the hell IS "nanoaging" anyway? Somebody asked him that and last I looked nobody replied. The term makes about as much sense as "microswimming" or "kilostomping".

What it has to do with cryonics I have no idea.

Either he is a totally loose screw, or he is also that and trying to start up a cultish organization based on a meaningless catch-phrase.

Somebody convince me I am wrong.
I think he is french canadian, and he may not speak English all that well.

But then again, that may not be the problem at all.....

Rick
Rick

November 30th, 2004, 10:00 pm #10

"nanoageing". It might be a language problem but the prefix nano, in French, is probably "nano". I'll try babelfish and see what comes out. This ought to be good.