Looks Like We're Closed For Business?

Looks Like We're Closed For Business?

John Smoot
John Smoot

February 23rd, 2003, 7:39 pm #1

There have been no new posts for about a month (best I can see). One question remains: Has anyone actually used a product that has increased their gas mileage? The reason I ask is that I've tried about all of them, and the only product I've ever tried that did just that was this zMAX. I'm not sure I'm endorsing it for everyone to use. It is not much of an improvement (5%), it's expensive ($39), and it may cause harm to some engines. Still, it is amazing to me that you can't seem to buy anything that helps the mpg (except zMAX?), when all these products claim just that! Just looking for peoples experiences...

March 2nd, 2003, 12:36 am #2

I have experienced an increase in my highway mileage from 28 mpg to 34 mpg. I just did a cam install on my engine after using zMax for 5 months with frequent runs at the 1/4 mile dragstrip. The engine looked new. I will continue to use this product in all my vehicles. I don't know the tech behind it, all I know is that it works.

John Smoot
John Smoot

March 2nd, 2003, 2:14 am #3

So you can attribute the mpg increase to the zMAX and not the cam? Or did you install the cam after the zMAX test? Why did you put in a new cam? What are you running? Thanks!

March 8th, 2003, 12:02 pm #4

There have been no new posts for about a month (best I can see). One question remains: Has anyone actually used a product that has increased their gas mileage? The reason I ask is that I've tried about all of them, and the only product I've ever tried that did just that was this zMAX. I'm not sure I'm endorsing it for everyone to use. It is not much of an improvement (5%), it's expensive ($39), and it may cause harm to some engines. Still, it is amazing to me that you can't seem to buy anything that helps the mpg (except zMAX?), when all these products claim just that! Just looking for peoples experiences...
Hello John. Thanks for posting a summary statement. I think you're right-- nothing really works. This is particularly sad especially now with the threat of war in Iraq by Bush. One would think that Washington would redouble its effort to find ways to increase gas milage and reduce our dependency on oil. That's not happening.

In a science fiction story, the president would announce, once evening, that our dependency on foreign oil has been virtually eliminated:

"Good evening my fellow Americans. As you all know, Saddam Hussein is able to build weapons of mass destruction and threaten his neighbours only because his revenue from oil has been so large. Tonight, because of Zmax, Saddam's advantage is over. Zmax improves your car's mileage by a staggering one million percent because it converts every gasoline molecule into 1 mile of distance per ton of vehicle. Instead of recieving billions for his oil, Saddam will now get thousands. The most he'll ever be able to threaten the world with is more shotguns-- good for picking off rabbits at a hundred feet.".
END OF STORY

I was hopeful that Zmax would work because I've been looking for ways to cut my gas costs and now that gas prices are shooting up, you would think that there would be even MORE interest in Zmax if it worked. You would think that along with increased gas prices, there would be ads that pushed other mileage increasers too-- but we're not seeing that. It's very odd, in a way.

Local news stations might have said "Gas at the pump is hitting $2 but will that affect you? Not if you use a new product on the market that will triple your gas mileage". They're not even hinting that that's possible with any product at all.

I would say that if there was anything out there that increased gas mileage that that would be something important to the future of America. Instead, Russia is opening up new oil fields to feed the world's habit. There is nothing being reported in mainstream media about increased mileage.

Our effort, here, to figure out if Zmax works, has been inconclusive at best-- which in way means that it doesn't work. I drive a 76 Nova but I don't want to mess around with Zmax because it could just as well finish my engine off as well as help it. It's not clear to me that it would work. Only when it's near death will I try Zmax as a last effort before rebuilding or replacing the engine. That's not very much confidence.

I may open this forum up to discussion of how to increase gas mileage in any way possible-- as a public service-- during this time of anxiety over the Iraq situation. I believe that by eliminating our dependence on foreign oil, we would automatically decrease the income of people like Saddam Hussein. I think that the War on Gas Mileage would solve that problem.