Just a point of order request for everyone re: subject lines.

Just a point of order request for everyone re: subject lines.

Rick
Rick

March 16th, 2004, 12:38 am #1

To make this forum easier to scan, a little thought put into a good subject line can help alot. I notice that some subject lines aren't very useful and I'm sometimes guilty of that myself. Can I ask participants to regard the subject line as important? And that way when we look at a thread, we can easily see the direction of the line of thought in it without having to click on READ ENTIRE THREAD or the new post we see. Thanks everyone-- I'm not going to "enforce" this-- I'm just requesting it as a courtesy. Thanks. By the way, everyone is doing great in terms of starting new threads when a previous thread gets too long. I don't think I have to lock threads very much anymore since everyone has the hang of it now.

Maniac
Maniac

March 16th, 2004, 2:28 am #2

Some non-cryonics people are making some of the threads too long, I think.

Rick
Rick

March 16th, 2004, 2:33 am #3

Thanks for the request. I hope Moose sees it. Moose are you reading? Yes, I agree some threads are getting out of hand, but I left them unlocked to prove a point. I'll let it go a little longer until Moose gives me the go ahead-- just to prove a point that moderation and reason-guided control is a good thing.

Maniac
Maniac

March 16th, 2004, 2:36 am #4

... I never disagreed with your habit of locking threads. I think it's fine.

Charges that you are trying to stop responces are rediculous since people can easily start a new thread and post (cont...) after the title.

Now, if Rick started deleting posts, then that would be different. But he has not done that, to his credit.

Rick
Rick

March 16th, 2004, 2:38 am #5

Maybe I have and you just didn't notice!

Maniac
Maniac

March 16th, 2004, 2:39 am #6

I hope you don't unless there is a really good reason for it.

Rick
Rick

March 16th, 2004, 2:45 am #7

I delete a post by request, mainly, just out of respect and courtesy for people. I never give them a hard time about it. It rarely occurs.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2004, 3:00 am #8

Thanks for the request. I hope Moose sees it. Moose are you reading? Yes, I agree some threads are getting out of hand, but I left them unlocked to prove a point. I'll let it go a little longer until Moose gives me the go ahead-- just to prove a point that moderation and reason-guided control is a good thing.
...even though you say yourself it is to "prove a point." I mean, I think those trolls need to be responded to, because locking threads seems to me a concession of sorts, and it only makes them thrive... just my humble opinion.

-another pro-cryo Anonymous

Rick
Rick

March 16th, 2004, 4:06 am #9

...and to see what happens, in addition to
possibly making the point I had intended.
Let's see if you're right and it works out.
At what point would YOU lock a thread
however? Keep in mind that a thread has no
theoretical limit.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2004, 4:46 pm #10

I think it's find to lock threads, just so ya know, just about timing really. Not that an Anonymous opinion is meaningful.

You're doing a standup job Rick.