JHW stipulated cryopreservation in his will .... and he WAS cryopreseved!

JHW stipulated cryopreservation in his will .... and he WAS cryopreseved!

Texas Cryo
Texas Cryo

March 13th, 2004, 1:48 pm #1

Some excerpts:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

John-Henry Williams said he wanted to be cryonically preserved at the same facility as his famous father.
By COLLEEN JENKINS, Times Staff Writer
Published March 13, 2004

>>>>

Heh heh....she said "cryonically"....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besides confirming John-Henry's wishes on cremation, the will, dated Dec. 22, pointedly leaves out Bobby-Jo Williams Ferrell.

"I have specifically herein made no provision for my half-sister, Barbara Joyce Ferrell," it reads.

Mark Ferrell, Bobby-Jo's husband, said he wasn't surprised.

"I can assure you Barbara Joyce Ferrell could care less," he said Friday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh, sure....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alcor's chief would not confirm Friday whether the remains of John-Henry Williams are at the facility.

"It is our policy here at Alcor Life Extension not to comment on any patients that we have here in stasis," said Joe Waynick, Alcor's chief executive officer. "We don't comment on those things for any of our patients."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Huh? But what if we WANT publicity?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But in a separate interview Friday, a lawyer suggested that the wishes in the younger Williams' will have been carried out.

Pamela O. Price, the Orlando lawyer who filed the probate case in Citrus County, confirmed that Peter Sutton, the Boston lawyer, has said John-Henry is now with Ted.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess that settles it. JHW is now where he belongs!

more here:
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/03/13/Tampa ... _to_.shtml

Rick
Rick

March 13th, 2004, 6:10 pm #2

Joe said Alcor doesn't comment on patients. That's not true. Alcor comments on patients who check off a box on the application that says it's okay to use the patient's name in public discussion. We can only assume that Ted and John Henry declined to check off the box in their application that gave Alcor open discussion permission. Joe should have said "We cannot discuss the details of patients who have not given us permission to do so.".

Joe Waynick
Joe Waynick

March 13th, 2004, 9:25 pm #3

You are correct. I normally say "Alcor does not confirm or deny the identity of any patient unless we are given written permission by the patient or the patients agent prior to cryopreservation to do so."

Rick
Rick

March 13th, 2004, 9:57 pm #4

It's a great thing to be right. I love it. Thanks Joe for pointing that out.

March 14th, 2004, 9:20 am #5

Some excerpts:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

John-Henry Williams said he wanted to be cryonically preserved at the same facility as his famous father.
By COLLEEN JENKINS, Times Staff Writer
Published March 13, 2004

>>>>

Heh heh....she said "cryonically"....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besides confirming John-Henry's wishes on cremation, the will, dated Dec. 22, pointedly leaves out Bobby-Jo Williams Ferrell.

"I have specifically herein made no provision for my half-sister, Barbara Joyce Ferrell," it reads.

Mark Ferrell, Bobby-Jo's husband, said he wasn't surprised.

"I can assure you Barbara Joyce Ferrell could care less," he said Friday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh, sure....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alcor's chief would not confirm Friday whether the remains of John-Henry Williams are at the facility.

"It is our policy here at Alcor Life Extension not to comment on any patients that we have here in stasis," said Joe Waynick, Alcor's chief executive officer. "We don't comment on those things for any of our patients."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Huh? But what if we WANT publicity?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But in a separate interview Friday, a lawyer suggested that the wishes in the younger Williams' will have been carried out.

Pamela O. Price, the Orlando lawyer who filed the probate case in Citrus County, confirmed that Peter Sutton, the Boston lawyer, has said John-Henry is now with Ted.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess that settles it. JHW is now where he belongs!

more here:
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/03/13/Tampa ... _to_.shtml
In response to your comments, I must say....He is NOT where he belongs (if in fact he is at Alcor). For his body may be frozen there ~ but his soul is burning in HELL....where it belongs! End of conversation!

Maniac
Maniac

March 14th, 2004, 6:50 pm #6

Looks like we have a real intellectual person here now! Thanks for your scientific and well-reasoned assessment of the situation.

Late 21st Century Man
Late 21st Century Man

March 14th, 2004, 6:53 pm #7

In response to your comments, I must say....He is NOT where he belongs (if in fact he is at Alcor). For his body may be frozen there ~ but his soul is burning in HELL....where it belongs! End of conversation!
We'll pull his soul out of there when we resuscitate him in a few decades.

Rick
Rick

March 14th, 2004, 11:05 pm #8

...that's an interesting concept. I think that idea has the seeds of a great blockbuster movie. Given the imaginary universe-- originally meant as a metaphor and taken to literal extremes by-- well, literalists-- what would the rules be in that universe? Would the forces of God be able to descend into hell to rescue a soul? Jesus descended into hell for 3 days, after his crucifiction, so if you were to write the script for this rescue, it would surely have to include "proof" that hell could be descended "into" and gotten "out of", something like an Alcatraz prison. Suffice it to say that the Bible records Jesus as having come back from hell without having brought any souls back with him. Perhaps his little visit with Satan and his ghouls and henchmen resulted in little progress in the negotiations between heaven and hell. It seems to me that descents into hell have been covered in the movies before, but I can't recall any names.