I wonder if Tom Donaldson will comment on the Phil Rhoades cryonics project?

I wonder if Tom Donaldson will comment on the Phil Rhoades cryonics project?

March 19th, 2004, 1:18 pm #1

We see that Google news alerts are indicating some acitivity in Australian cryonics, driven by Phil Rhoades. [+]. I'm wondering where Tom Donaldson is on this development. Tom publishes a newsletter for the American Cryonic Society but I've never actually read it. We might try to find out more about what Tom is doing and if he's engaged with Phil on the Australian cryonics retreat center concept.

March 19th, 2004, 1:28 pm #2

The above article indicates a Melbourne woman is on her way to the US-- but doesn't indicate whether she's a CI, ACS or Alcor member. I would imagine that she would be in cooldown RIGHT NOW at a facility! This is the first I've heard of this. Here's another experimental cryonaut that cryonics members are finding out about through mainstream news rather than through their own organizations. I'll be looking for details on "the Melbourne Woman" soon. We can label her effective date of preservation as March 19, 2004 until we have more information. I'll be labelling all patients according to the date their preservation was initiated in the future. It's a much more useful label than the numberes and letters assigned by the cryonics organizations. If the woman is a CI or Alcor patient, she's be the 60th or thereabouts for both and about the 120th official cryonics patient in the world. We should tighten these numbers up soon.