I just bought a do-it-yourself Last Will & Testament package for $3.95...

I just bought a do-it-yourself Last Will & Testament package for $3.95...

June 17th, 2004, 12:49 am #1

and will fill it out specifying that I am to be cryonically preserved according to my Alcor agreement. I'll copy and notarize it 10 times and mail a copy to Alcor, and several other people around my locus of contacts. My purpose is to demonstrate to famous people how to go about securing your preservation in a manner befitting a cryonics hero, as well as to make my own arrangements more legally secure. In my case, however, I don't has significant assets so nobody is likely to challange my arrangments.

Rick
Rick

November 29th, 2004, 1:26 pm #2

It's amazing how things get put off. The question in my mind remains-- what is the role of the last will and testament in cryonics and at each of the cryonics organizations, specifically? Furthermore, what role have wills played in past cases? The Ted Williams will seems to come to mind, first, as the most "notorious"-- a will that was over-ridden. In his case, his will meant diddly squat. I've seen where "living wills" mean diddly squat as well, lately. I never see wills published in Cryonics magazine. One would think that a will would be a pretty good legal document.