Gaspar has called online meet for Mar 17 04 for CSC

Gaspar has called online meet for Mar 17 04 for CSC

Rick on (((CRYONICS SOCIETY OF CANADA)))
Rick on (((CRYONICS SOCIETY OF CANADA)))

April 21st, 2004, 3:06 pm #1

I just got a CSC (Canadian Cryonics Society) digest with an announcement by the president Christine Gaspar, now in California, that there will be an online CSC annual meeting on May 17. There won't be elections this year. All positions will be the same. Ben Best has purchased a portable ice bath for the society. It appears, then, that since Ben Best is now president of CI, that the CSC members will essentially be handled by CI. CI may subcontract to SA Inc. I don't know how many Alcor members belong to CSC. That would be interesting to know.

Christine Gaspar
Christine Gaspar

April 27th, 2004, 1:37 pm #2

Just because Ben Best is the president of CI, it doesn't necessarily ally ourselves (the CSC) with CI specifically. We have CI members,we have Alcor members, and we have others who are still deciding between the two. Due to our geographic proximity to CI, and, of course due to the involvement in CI activities that some of our members have, we are in better contact with CI. Don't make the assumption too quickly that we are officially associated with one particular cryonics organization..we are not. In fact it would be in our best interest to develop a healthy relationship with both organizations, and for that matter, SAI as well.

Christine Gaspar

Rick
Rick

April 27th, 2004, 2:49 pm #3

Thanks for stopping by and giving us that perspective. I noticed that on the latest discussions on CSC Yahoo that there is a bit of a crisis as to where CSC will meet. There are problems with the Bhuddist Cafe and other locations. Did you have any thoughts on that? There used to be a great restaurant across the street from the Toronto Conservatory of Music that I went to. I wonder if it's still there. It seems to me that the most vocal people in CSC are those who are claiming that everything is too expensive. Is this really a problem? Someone mentioned doing a restuarant thing for under $5 as a person. The only place where you can do that is one of the fast food chain restaurants, I think. Before I go to Alcor meetings, I stop for breakfast at JackintheBox or BK around the corner from Alcor. There is an alcove area in each of theose places where half a dozen people could easily meet. CSC members in TO should look for a Wendy's or BK with a sunken section, and a timeslot that's not busy. Other than that, a coffee/tea shop with internet access or hot spots would be good. Where would you meet?