Does anyone have any results on Duralube?Have there been any suits agianst them?

Does anyone have any results on Duralube?Have there been any suits agianst them?

Hayden
Hayden

September 8th, 2001, 2:47 am #1

Thanks for all the information,I was just about to get Zmax and now have decided not to!I was wondering if anyone has used Duralube or do you know have any lawsuits been filed agianst them like Zmax " Such as the FTC"? Any kind of information would be great, "I have a very old truck and need all the help i can get"!Please email me at hayden265@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Hayden

Beth
Beth

September 22nd, 2001, 4:44 pm #2

I have used Duralube engine treatment on 6 differant cars. Varing in age 72-98. They all threw rods within one month of treatment. Duralube has had suits filed against them. If you need help with your car, do what the pros do. I have a friend who used to do engine work for Nascar. They put 2 TBSP of pure graphite powder in the engine at oil change. Try using valvoline maxlife oil. Good Luck!

gumby
gumby

October 1st, 2001, 9:15 am #3

duralube will not make an engine throw a rod, i think you buy bad cars if that happened so many time. duralube has saved many of my cars, in my 68 for galaxi 500 i lost all my water and my fan belt, and i drove for over 15 miles with no searious engine damage.
it ran as good as it ever did.

gumby
gumby

October 1st, 2001, 9:33 am #4

I have used Duralube engine treatment on 6 differant cars. Varing in age 72-98. They all threw rods within one month of treatment. Duralube has had suits filed against them. If you need help with your car, do what the pros do. I have a friend who used to do engine work for Nascar. They put 2 TBSP of pure graphite powder in the engine at oil change. Try using valvoline maxlife oil. Good Luck!
i will say graphite is a very good old trick. i realized that years go, watching a show on ww2 and the bombers only got 3-4 missions out of each plane and it needed a rebuild, then they started using graphite and they would get 200 missions out of a bomber.

MICHAEL MATHIS
MICHAEL MATHIS

November 18th, 2001, 8:01 am #5

duralube will not make an engine throw a rod, i think you buy bad cars if that happened so many time. duralube has saved many of my cars, in my 68 for galaxi 500 i lost all my water and my fan belt, and i drove for over 15 miles with no searious engine damage.
it ran as good as it ever did.
I PUT DURALUBE IN 2 CARS!! FIRST ONE A 1982 NISSIAN 200SX AND SECOUND CAR A 1991 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM!! I TELL YOU WHAT IN MY 200SX IT KICKED BUTT!! IN THE ACCLAIM MORE HORESPOWER AND SMOOTHER RUNNING ENGINE AND ALOT LESS NOISE!!

gumby
gumby

November 22nd, 2001, 4:03 am #6

the second bottle is even better.

January 5th, 2002, 4:30 pm #7

i will say graphite is a very good old trick. i realized that years go, watching a show on ww2 and the bombers only got 3-4 missions out of each plane and it needed a rebuild, then they started using graphite and they would get 200 missions out of a bomber.
The graphite powder idea sounds interesting. How would I buy it and where? And where would you put it?

I'm trying to keep a 79 Toronado and 76 Chevy alive.

Lakitorknot
Lakitorknot

January 17th, 2002, 1:21 am #8

Grumpy,

200 missions? Your full of it!

LAK

Stephen
Stephen

January 22nd, 2002, 10:18 pm #9

Thanks for all the information,I was just about to get Zmax and now have decided not to!I was wondering if anyone has used Duralube or do you know have any lawsuits been filed agianst them like Zmax " Such as the FTC"? Any kind of information would be great, "I have a very old truck and need all the help i can get"!Please email me at hayden265@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Hayden
Go to WWW.FTC.GOV and use the search engine. You'll find that Z-Max, STO, DuraLube, Valvoline, and Prolong have all had suits against them by the FTC. Most have settled but I believe Z-Max is still pending.

Brian
Brian

February 21st, 2002, 6:06 pm #10

Duralube will not destroy an engine. something is wrong with the cars your buying. I used duralube many times and it worked great for me. I had a 1986 fiero in oklahoma that used to over heat on hot days. I put a qt. of duralube in it and she ran cool all summer long.