another update

another update

lurker
lurker

March 18th, 2004, 8:49 am #1

March 18th, 2004, 11:34 am #2

I'm still not clear on the issue of whether TW or any Alcor members in suspension would have needed to have signed the Doc of Gift under UAGA or AAGA rules. I'm sure we've covered this before but I just can't remember these details. Would I, as an Alcor member, be required to sign a Doc of Gift if my time came to be cryopreserved? Have I already signed one in the Alcor paperwork effectively? "They" say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but I'm pretty confident that I'm getting real close.

lurker
lurker

March 18th, 2004, 5:02 pm #3

Under AAGA, a third person may make an anatomical gift of someone else's body under certain circumstances, including the person with health care power of attorney (JHW). However, the attorney-in-fact (JHW) may not do so if (a) he knows of a refusal by the decedent, or (b) he knows of an objection by a member of the same class (Bobby-Jo).

Rick
Rick

March 18th, 2004, 5:06 pm #4

Is that word correct? "Decedent"? Or is it decendent? Is "of the same class" a legal phrase or did you make that up? Thanks.

lurker
lurker

March 18th, 2004, 5:23 pm #5

means the one who is deceased (I know this is not how cryonicists view it, but anyway). So, decedent is TW (and JHW now).

lurker
lurker

March 18th, 2004, 5:25 pm #6

Is that word correct? "Decedent"? Or is it decendent? Is "of the same class" a legal phrase or did you make that up? Thanks.
is a defined term in the statutes in Arizona.