MADISON'S HOMEMADE ROLLS
Madison Kiernan, of Siler City, N.C., fills her kitchen with the blissful aroma of baking bread with this recipe for homemade rolls.
2-2½ c flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 pack (¼ oz.) yeast
½ tsp. salt
3/4 cup warm water
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1. Combine 1½ cup of flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
2. Add water and butter and beat about 3 minutes until smooth.
3. Stir in remaining flour until it forms soft dough.
4. Place onto floured surface and knead 4-6 minutes. Then cover and let rise 10 minutes.
5. Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter.
6. Place on a cookie sheet and let rise for 30 minutes.
7. Bake 11-14 minutes at 375 degrees.