Baked Potatoes With Garlic, Cheese And Cream

Gary Solomon
Advanced Member
Gary Solomon
Advanced Member

04 May 2007, 15:59 #1

One week while visiting with me some Frenchman invaded my kitchen. Showing their appreciation for letting them stay in my New York City apartment, they were going to prepare a French meal.

I remember their potato recipe and how very meticulous they were in its preparation. Layering each slice of potato in a perfect spiral.

Trained in the Italian family style method I could only gawk at their preciseness and focus.

The finished dish was a masterpiece. A beautiful ceramic dish with hot bubbling crisp cheese. The heavy cream running throughout the layers of potatoes.

A slight hint of garlic perfumed the kitchen.

Oh, you must try this fantastic dish!

At deliciouscookies.com we share this tasty recipe with you.

Ingredients:
Baking Potatoes-2 large peeled and thinly sliced.
Garlic-2 cloves minced.
Gruyere Cheese- 1 1/2 cups shredded.
Heavy Cream-1 cup.
Nutmeg- 1/4 teaspoon.
Kosher Salt-1 teaspoon.
Black Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon.
(Optional- Ground Thyme- 1/4 teaspoon).

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a flat shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Garlic spray works wonderfully if you have it. Rub the minced garlic in the bottom casserole dish. Layer the ingredients by alternate the potato, shredded cheese, salt and cream creating at least two layers. You should end up with cheese on the top. Sprinkle with the nutmeg and black pepper. Bake for 50 minutes uncovered until golden and crisp. Serve immediately. Does not store well. A great accompaniment with ham

Recipe submitted by Gary Solomon.