NEW mapmaker 2009 edition

blakepro
Elite Member

5:08 AM - Jun 20, 2009 #1

Its a long, long story, but basically, there is a new version of the map maker. You will need to use it if you want your maps to continue working once geocities shuts down.

The new 2009 version of the map maker program is attached. Please uninstall and discard any previous versions you may have.

Thanks.

-blakepro
MapMaker2009final.zip (314.82 KiB)
MapMaker2009final.zip (314.82 KiB)
http://www.co-optimus.com
PSN: blakepro
Xbox: blakepro
Steam: blakepro

lazyhoboguy
Advanced Member

6:17 AM - Jun 20, 2009 #2

Hey I may have found a minor glitch.

When using this version to make my map I found that for all the items under the "movable objects section" item 42 (explosive barrel), item 43 (destructible
crates), item 44(gas canister), and item 45(destructible container) they have a directional setting in this program but in the game you cannot adjust the placement direction.

Also under the section in the items list called "features" item 58 (leaking) does not let you set the placement direction in the program, while you can in the game. All the rest of the items under "features" allow you to set the placement direction like you can in the game .

I have the ps2 version of the game if this matters.

**edit**
Well actually,I used the last version u posted up in the old thread about this, is this version in this thread the same one?

It says it is version 2.5 when I click the about link in the program
psn__lazyhoboguy
ps2onlinegaming.com [Site for scheduling PS2 online and PS2 LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) matches]
My Blog
Xlink (LAN tunneling application for ps2,xbox,gc and more)
My Game Collection
My Youtube Channel (TSFP and TS2 Videos)

blakepro
Elite Member

7:49 AM - Jun 20, 2009 #3

lazyhoboguy wrote:Hey I may have found a minor glitch.

When using this version to make my map I found that for all the items under the "movable objects section" item 42 (explosive barrel), item 43 (destructible
crates), item 44(gas canister), and item 45(destructible container) they have a directional setting in this program but in the game you cannot adjust the placement direction.

Also under the section in the items list called "features" item 58 (leaking) does not let you set the placement direction in the program, while you can in the game. All the rest of the items under "features" allow you to set the placement direction like you can in the game .

I have the ps2 version of the game if this matters.

**edit**
Well actually,I used the last version u posted up in the old thread about this, is this version in this thread the same one?

It says it is version 2.5 when I click the about link in the program
Yes, its the same one that is the last one in the previous thread.

As far as the directional glitches, I appreciate you letting me know.

I'll look into it and if its something I can easily fix, I will, but otherwise, I dont have the time and resources needed to overhaul the program and if I get in there and fix little things here and there, it creates potential for new glitches in other places.

So long story short, I'll see if I can do something, but this might have to end up in the "known glitches" category.

I apologize for not being able to polish everything up better, but I hope this will be sufficient to meet everyones major needs.

lazyhoboguy
Advanced Member

9:09 AM - Jun 20, 2009 #4

Yea its no big deal if this cant be fixed, just thought I would let you know.
psn__lazyhoboguy
ps2onlinegaming.com [Site for scheduling PS2 online and PS2 LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) matches]
My Blog
My Game Collection

admiralhowdy
Hardcore Member
admiralhowdy
Hardcore Member

10:40 AM - Jun 20, 2009 #5

I wouldn't worry about that one at all, because none of the directionals ever ended up in the html export anyway, in any of the previous versions. It was kind of a useless feature since Struan never had it working right (or was it always a hosting issue, and the arrows are actually available in the html??? :lunatic: ). Item and enemy facings are one of the numerous details that have always relied on the notes section. Thank God for the notes section, and the ability to draw/write with windows/doors in the grid.

But if the arrows could be available through some hosting issue adjustment, like the absence of doors/windows in the beta version, I wouldn't care if they were on extra items; it would be awesome just to finally have some (and different rotations for the leaking are really inconsequential, so it doesn't matter to me if there is no arrow for that). But at this point I'm used to not having the arrows in the export.
Gamecube/Wii TimeSplitters 2 and FP owners, all you need to share map saves is here (GC USB Memory adapter; more info found here [where they don't seem to restock in 2015]).

lazyhoboguy
Advanced Member

12:36 PM - Jun 20, 2009 #6

O, did not know that none of the arrows would show up, that does kinda suck. I guess I will need to make a lot of notes then. Also I noticed the formatting of what I write into the notes section seems to get messed up when I reopen the file later. Is there any way around this?
psn__lazyhoboguy
My Blog
My Game Collection

blakepro
Elite Member

7:08 PM - Jun 20, 2009 #7

I checked and unfortunately, its not a hosting issue, the arrow data does not get exported in the HTML version. It looks like it would require a major overhaul of the code because it adds another variable to EVERY item and location.

I would suggest that if the arrow data is important for a particular map, you provide everyone with both your html and your original .ts3 file. People will have to have the program installed to open the .ts3 file, but it will allow them to see the arrows. The reason I suggest giving both versions is some people just arent going to install the program no matter how good your map is, so giving both options gives you more exposure for your map.

admiralhowdy
Hardcore Member
admiralhowdy
Hardcore Member

10:00 PM - Jun 20, 2009 #8

I don't care for anyone having to download additional files to know everything about my own maps (some people are funny about downloading files), plus attaching ts3 files at the Rec Room now can be problematic (see attachment). If facings are important, see what I did on the 4th/5th floors of Egyptology
Lazyhoboguy wrote: O, did not know that none of the arrows would show up, that does kinda suck. I guess I will need to make a lot of notes then. Also I noticed the formatting of what I write into the notes section seems to get messed up when I reopen the file later. Is there any way around this?
For keeping formatting in the notes, hobo, add "<br />" wherever you want a break to stay. It creates a permanent break in the notes. However, I find it easier to just keep a word document separate for any notes, and copy/paste that into the mapmaker notes right before exporting.
13.ts3 (16.31 KiB)
Gamecube/Wii TimeSplitters 2 and FP owners, all you need to share map saves is here (GC USB Memory adapter; more info found here [where they don't seem to restock in 2015]).

kitty
Elite Member
kitty
Elite Member

10:03 PM - Jun 20, 2009 #9

You know, we could just start using Excell exclusively.

admiralhowdy
Hardcore Member
admiralhowdy
Hardcore Member

10:12 PM - Jun 20, 2009 #10

That's a personal choice and not the best one for everybody. Although you can put a ton more details in including an actual 6th floor, Excel requires an active download of the map to view it (and like I said, some people are funny about downloading anything). Even I prefer Struans just because of its user-friendliness.