Well, I was opposed to the Iraq war, but the Kay report changed my mind

Well, I was opposed to the Iraq war, but the Kay report changed my mind

October 4th, 2003, 7:14 am #1

Specifically, the discovery of a vial of botulism sitting in an Iraqi scientist's fridge for the last ten years strongly implies to me that Saddam was intending to use botox:

www.sweaty-palms.com/botox.htm

Although this was not specifically stated by the Bush Administration as a ground for the US invasion of Iraq before the war, the idea of a botox'd Saddam Hussein is so appaling to me that it fully justifies the war -- I shudder to think about the possible smoothness of his brows when he's finally captured.

p.s. ob strat: amazons should max valkyrie in 1.10

p.p.s. Are there any good games out there?

edit: removed all the stuff about aardvarks, and corrected some spelling

Last edited by The_cla on October 4th, 2003, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashock
Ashock

October 4th, 2003, 7:55 am #2

>>>>p.p.s. Are there any good games out there?<<<<

No.

-A

ps. Always glad to help.

October 4th, 2003, 8:17 am #3

.. to the only substantive part of my post.

Occhi
Occhi

October 6th, 2003, 3:01 pm #4

Specifically, the discovery of a vial of botulism sitting in an Iraqi scientist's fridge for the last ten years strongly implies to me that Saddam was intending to use botox:

www.sweaty-palms.com/botox.htm

Although this was not specifically stated by the Bush Administration as a ground for the US invasion of Iraq before the war, the idea of a botox'd Saddam Hussein is so appaling to me that it fully justifies the war -- I shudder to think about the possible smoothness of his brows when he's finally captured.

p.s. ob strat: amazons should max valkyrie in 1.10

p.p.s. Are there any good games out there?

edit: removed all the stuff about aardvarks, and corrected some spelling

A compelling document indeed, although I damit that its conclusions on the need for monopolize the supply of exotic oils to ensure the sustained beauty of women past 50 being America's number one strategic priority was a bit hard to swallow. Mary Kay is a pinko, methinks.

Or did you mean the Danny Kay report? That report was very concise, but it was also disturbing from a fashion perspective, what with Saddam wearing no clothes and being revealed as "Saddam(BNM)" (BNM in this case = Ba'athist Nefarious Megalomaniac. However, given the lack of taste most of Saddam's cabinet displayed with their "we wanna look like generals" wardrobes, perhaps nudity was the only way for the leader to differentiate himself from the rest of the mustachioed pretenders to the throne.

(This is a reference to Danny Kay as Hans Christian Anderson in old movies and on TV.)

October 6th, 2003, 6:11 pm #5

The implications may be hard to swallow, but they're true none the less. The report suggests not only that there may have been a rudimentary Botox Development Program, but that Iraq was a rouge state.

Occhi
Occhi

October 6th, 2003, 10:51 pm #6

Do you mean to tell me that WMD (Weapons of Mouth Decoration) were another element of this secret program? Or was it even more sinister? Was there an audit trail, leading to Madagascar, of the undercover development of Mascara in Compacts with their very own application, or Launch as they say in the fashion trade, pads?

Man, just when you thought it was safe to go outside, the deadly Lipstick of Death raises it ugly, not to mention slightly phallic, profile on the world stage.

No wonder the French were concerned, it might have put Dior and Chanel out of business!

October 7th, 2003, 3:56 am #7

The implications may be hard to swallow, but they're true none the less. The report suggests not only that there may have been a rudimentary Botox Development Program, but that Iraq was a rouge state.
It appears that part of the DSF regs' arsenal is now missing! I looked everywhere, but couldn't find a copy of Mary Kay's rouge tips as posted to the DSF.

I think I may have posted it to the LL's N54 forum a few years ago, but I'm not about to try to search that behemoth for missing rouge.

-Griselda

Thecla
Thecla

October 7th, 2003, 7:02 am #8

VanK
VanK

October 8th, 2003, 4:46 am #9

If Sirian is going to take credit for "cookie-cutter characters" then Mary Kay should definitely take credit for "Bash", adopted by Blizzard in D2.

Also a note of explanation for any young souls who never played D1-- the rogue's special ability in D1 was the ability to detect and open traps, including booby-trapped chests. (Only Blizz forgot to make the ability actually work, IIRC.)

----------------------------------------------------

Rouge Tips

by: Mary Kay

Make sure you use a light foundation. Don't overdo it - you just want a touch of color, not clown cheeks. If you use lipstick (you should), use a soft-tone magenta. With practice, even a rogue can look good.

Tanya, 24, a rogue, was having problems with Bash, her fiancé. Bash, a handsome warrior, 25, was much too involved in his job of liberating a small town of evil demons and monsters, and sometimes he did not notice her as she skulked along walls. "It was Hell, a Nightmare," says Tanya. "I was about ready to return his Ring of Engagement." We gave Tanya a makeover using rouge, and replaced her no-nonsense Cap of Darkness with a more carefree Helm of Radiance to show off her reddish ponytail. It seems to have worked - Bash now allows her to participate in many of his business situations. "He even opens doors for me," says Tanya, "and he lets me use my skills on some of the more difficult financial acquisitions." She is so happy now, she may no longer need the rouge to color her cheeks.

Tanya, take a bow.

(C)1997 VDP NotInc.

October 8th, 2003, 5:40 am #10

That was always one of my favorites.

-Griselda