Variant night returns?

Variant night returns?

Griselda
Griselda

October 10th, 2001, 7:55 am #1

Just as non-BNM variants once needed care and feeding on a special night of the week, it seems that "true" variants (and monster chew toy styles) might now need a night of their own in D2.

Perhaps Tuesday night should once again become "variants" night, in an effort to encourage us to once again head out beyond the ordinary?

Of course, it doesn't HAVE to be Tuesday, but that one could work for old times' sake.

Thoughts?

-Griselda

FoxBat
FoxBat

October 10th, 2001, 9:33 pm #2

...is the ONE night I work this semester

For my porpises, thursday is best, but we'll see what others like.

October 11th, 2001, 4:52 pm #3

Just as non-BNM variants once needed care and feeding on a special night of the week, it seems that "true" variants (and monster chew toy styles) might now need a night of their own in D2.

Perhaps Tuesday night should once again become "variants" night, in an effort to encourage us to once again head out beyond the ordinary?

Of course, it doesn't HAVE to be Tuesday, but that one could work for old times' sake.

Thoughts?

-Griselda
Although Monday (Sunday is FF) is the best for me atm, I am ok with other days. I'll have to take the late shift (after 9 pm pst) until my schedule changes, which can be anytime soon.

Bring it on

KoP

Griselda
Griselda

October 11th, 2001, 5:27 pm #4

Hmm, it sounds like Tuesday isn't good for anyone. I can really make any day (on the late shift, of course) except Sunday.

Foxbat can't make Tuesdays. EST is T-Th. Maybe Monday would be best?

Friday would work for me, but it's a weekend, so that might not be what people want.

-Griselda

October 11th, 2001, 9:13 pm #5

Text

-AnorX

-AnorX

October 15th, 2001, 5:44 am #6

Thoughts?

-Griselda
Personally, Monday or Wednesday suits me better than Tuesday. Those two evenings I'll never have to work, though as the late crew can attest, I can make it to play even on nights that I do work, but often at hours that aren't to many folks' liking (especially those on this side of the Rockies with families and/or jobs that keep sane working hours).

-CC

October 15th, 2001, 8:39 pm #7

I few people (in game) mentioned they are looking forward to VNites again, but I don't know why they don't post their preferences

Looks like we are moving OFF to Mondays, which is a good thing for you too

So D1 nite and Vnite is still up in the air until more people respond to this. I guess it's up to us to decide for those too lazy to post.

KoP

October 15th, 2001, 10:52 pm #8

Thoughts?

-Griselda
Out of curiosity, for the not so experienced, what exactly is variant night? Thanx.

Griselda
Griselda

October 16th, 2001, 4:33 pm #9

When variants first began, before I played Diablo, there were a million BNMs running around, and not so many other variants. So, Tuesday night was designated as a night when other variants would be played. In fact, the channel was even moved from channel Nude Beach the rest of the week to channel Variants on Tuesdays, and game names were changed from BNMx to Variantsx (though, as variants gained in poularity relative to BNMs, eventually channel Variants and Variantsx games became the mainstream.)

I was proposing something similar for D2 variants, though I dont think we need to change the channel we use. I'm not sure if we'd want to change VNight game names to VariantsX. This would leave the RBD games open for those who don't want to play a variant char, but might encourage people NOT to play variant chars.

-Griselda

Griselda
Griselda

October 16th, 2001, 4:44 pm #10

I few people (in game) mentioned they are looking forward to VNites again, but I don't know why they don't post their preferences

Looks like we are moving OFF to Mondays, which is a good thing for you too

So D1 nite and Vnite is still up in the air until more people respond to this. I guess it's up to us to decide for those too lazy to post.

KoP
Since Monday is FF now. Tuesday has tradition, but Wednesday might be better scheduling-wise for some?

If there's interest (and who knows until we try), we could make one night D1 night, and one night D2 variants night.

-Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiissssseeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(last part typed with assistance, sorry)