Surveys says...

Surveys says...

KingOfPain
KingOfPain

February 12th, 2002, 8:30 pm #1

Nice to have 2 days off in a row. Instead of sleeping in late and going to bed early with single day off, I actually had time to mess around a bit

http://realmsbeyond.net/wow/

There isn't any navigation in place yet. I'd probably keep the navigation graphic/code as simple as possible so another person(s) can make changes easily.

The Realms Beyond (Diablo, WC3, WoW, Civ3) button group on the bottom right of the page can be moved to top right corner but it takes away from the background pix.

Here's what I need to know (extra input is welcomed)

Black or turquoise?

Large or smaller text? (example shown on page)

Preferred browser and version? (no browser debates plz)

Preferred viewing mode - Screen resoultion? Full screen browser window?

This one might be hard to answer - If we cover both WC3 and WoW, would you like to see 2 separated site, or just one? For example, the left hand panel can be used for WC3 navigation and the top panel can be used for WoW navigation.

TIA for your input

KoP

KingOfPain
KingOfPain

February 12th, 2002, 8:39 pm #2

Gris has been busy updating the RBD site. Thanks!
Do you go to the front page at all?
Should site updates be announced here?

KoP

February 12th, 2002, 8:45 pm #3

Nice to have 2 days off in a row. Instead of sleeping in late and going to bed early with single day off, I actually had time to mess around a bit

There isn't any navigation in place yet. I'd probably keep the navigation graphic/code as simple as possible so another person(s) can make changes easily.

The Realms Beyond (Diablo, WC3, WoW, Civ3) button group on the bottom right of the page can be moved to top right corner but it takes away from the background pix.

Black or turquoise?

This one might be hard to answer - If we cover both WC3 and WoW, would you like to see 2 separated site, or just one? For example, the left hand panel can be used for WC3 navigation and the top panel can be used for WoW navigation.

TIA for your input

KoP
wow, you have been busy!

My votes, FWIW:

black, large text, Netscape 6.2, full screen browser, and currently undecided on screen resolution. I'm leaning towards one site for WC atm. We could always split them later if we needed to.

-Griselda

Talon
Talon

February 12th, 2002, 9:40 pm #4

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
- I think black matches the picture you have better than turquoise, but turquoise is a nice change. I'm not sure what to say for this one.
- I prefer the large text, but I would imagine that's only because my browser is messed up and the small text is too small for me to read.
- IE
- 1024x768
- Seperate sites

- Tal

February 12th, 2002, 11:49 pm #5

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
It always amazes me how sites like the RBD and the Lounge have such snazzy graphics to bring the place to life. Looks spiffy. Thumbs up.

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>Black or turquoise?</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>I like the turquoise.</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>Large or smaller text? (example shown on page)</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>Large text. Easier to read and no squinting needed. Small text, imo, is good for footnotes, legalese, and other info.

Preferred browser and version? (no browser debates plz)</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>I use IE version 5.

Preferred viewing mode - Screen resoultion? Full screen browser window?</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>Screen resolution is 800x600. Full screen browser.

This one might be hard to answer - If we cover both WC3 and WoW, would you like to see 2 separated site, or just one? For example, the left hand panel can be used for WC3 navigation and the top panel can be used for WoW navigation.</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>No preference.</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>[o: *LEMMING* :o]</FONT>

Cyrene
Cyrene

February 13th, 2002, 12:38 am #6

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
turquoise.

larger.

IE 6.

1152 x 864. browser at about 80% of screen area.

i don't even know what WoW is...

--Cy

african or european?

Korror
Korror

February 13th, 2002, 1:05 am #7

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
My thoughts:

Turquoise looks really nice.

The large text is much easier to read.

My browser is IE Version 5

800x600

I would like it to all be one site, even if I never get into WoW, I'd still like to hear about it.

Burrows back into his comfortable lurker den

Korror
(Koranger is still on Act3/hell)

Carbon
Carbon

February 13th, 2002, 5:50 am #8

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
Black

Large

IE 5

I run in 1280x1024 full screen, but I don't think anyone else would like scrolling out that far to the right. Therefore my vote: 800x600, full screen.

Meh. WC ain't my bag.

And Cyrene: WoW = World of Warcraft.

stuff on ironman -- Thecla
stuff on ironman -- Thecla

February 13th, 2002, 6:19 am #9

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
99% of people on the street agreed with (a) and (c). The other 1% was on his 3rd bottle of gin.

(1) black

(2) large

(3) IE (went over to the dark side - sorry; not sure what's my latest patched security-sieve version)

(4) Full screen browser window, and I hate frames.

(5) separate links for WC3 and WoW; they can be on the same site though.

Charis
Charis

February 13th, 2002, 7:38 am #10

Black or turquoise?

TIA for your input

KoP
Wow, nice job! :hammer: (oh wait, this isn't the CF board!)

a) either color, black nice, tuquoise different but nice too

b) larger text

c) IE 5

d) i run 1024x732 res and use about 2/3 screen typically, so 800x600 works fine.

e) one site. Now that you mention it, WC3 I know, but WoW...?... not up on that. (Would follow if covered in RBD)

Once again, you da man (and tnx to Gris for her
ongoing updates)
Charis