Shadows in March?

Shadows in March?

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

February 21st, 2003, 2:41 pm #1

Went to a Target store the other day and saw an Ad for the x-pack for NWN. Said it would be out this march, may be interesting.

Drasca
Drasca

February 21st, 2003, 6:47 pm #2

I'll probably be buying it... if I'm not totally fixed on another game that is. Looks interesting, I'll wait and see.

-Drasca

February 27th, 2003, 7:37 am #3

...how much of a disappointment NWN itself was (which is truly horrific, seeing as how I had absolutely NO expectations for it; people tried to hype me with it, and all I could respond with was "Huh?" or "So?" :P; I just didn't follow it until right before it came out), I doubt I'll be getting either expansion. Especially with that PR issue. :P

Now, Warcraft III's expansion, OTOH, you can bet your Golden Goose I'll be getting. I'd commit highway robbery, so to speak, to get that baby. :D I'm still enjoying the original. I just find it so sad that all the games the regular RB crew plays, I don't have. And all the newer games, ones that I feel are good (ala War3), no one here plays, or even cares about. Ah well. Something tells me the RB crew would hate me anyway.

Roland The Gunslinger
The Diablo Strategy Compendium
http://www.diablosc.com/
The Diablo Strategy Compendium Forums
http://www.diablosc.com/cgi-bin/dcboard/dcforum.cgi

February 28th, 2003, 1:19 pm #4

I'll probably be buying it... if I'm not totally fixed on another game that is. Looks interesting, I'll wait and see.

-Drasca
I'll grab it in a second. Only problem is that's one of many games I'll be grabbing soon...

I'd love to get those games started up again, if only we would schedule them (whenever I see an empty server, I just switch to another game so the whole wait theory doesn't work for me).

March 5th, 2003, 11:28 am #5

-Drasca
Still working my way through the original (didn't buy 'til just before Christmas - when I finally got a job again).

I am enjoying it, although it has some bog down in the story. But I like the implementation of the 3rd Ed. rules, and there seem to be a lot of expansion modules out now - some with quite a good reputation.

We'll see after it comes out and some feedback appears on the web.

HowGozit

FoxBat
FoxBat

March 5th, 2003, 9:00 pm #6

-Drasca
Was I supposed to respond? :p

I'm not terribly hyped, but I will be buying it. Extra feats, prestige classes, and a proper desert tileset can't hurt. Probably will need it just to access most servers.

A 40-hour OC made by Looking Glass, that's something that has the possibility to be just as long, yet better than NWN's OC; so that will be a nice bonus if they can get that working.

Currently I was on my 3rd trip through the OC, when I've stopped and am now banging my head on making a script that will transfer henchmen inventories across modules. Yes, I work THAT hard at being lazy.

Nystul
Nystul

March 7th, 2003, 9:50 am #7

Probably will need it just to access most servers.

If I end up buying the expansion, this will probably be the main reason. Well, add in "Probably will need it just to play most future modules". It's not a very good reason for buying, but the quality of this game is reliant upon the effort of the community, and the most active NWN communities will most likely be catering primarily to the expansion.

I haven't played NWN much recently, but I'm still convinced it's one of the best games out there. Maybe one of these months I'll take the initiative to try to get a game going here...