RBGC SG1

RBGC SG1

Sirian
Sirian

November 24th, 2003, 3:52 pm #1

You read correctly. Succession Game, to be played in the CFC "Other Games" forum.

Version: Whatever comes next after 1.12 (waiting on a couple of bug fixes).
Difficulty: Painful (All Intelligent AI's)
Map Size: Large
Habitability: Normal
Political Party: Federalists
Bonus Picks: 3 picks Sensors and PQ, 1 pick Influence, Luck, Morale, Trade
Victory: Any
Metaverse: Team will agree (at game's end) on one player under whose name to submit our game.

24/48 GotIt/Report
Twelve Turns (one year) per player.
Autoturn: ON! (Stop at beginning of turn rather than end like we do for Civ3).

Four or five players needed per team. If interest is exceedingly high, we could run SG1A as well.

OK, so who's in for a pound?

- Sirian

The Black Cursor
The Black Cursor

November 24th, 2003, 5:33 pm #2

I'm in... for a pound of alien flesh (to mix metaphors).

Be seeing you...

---> TBC (Transports, Battle Axes, Colony Ships (oh my!))

Jaxom
Jaxom

November 24th, 2003, 7:31 pm #3

You read correctly. Succession Game, to be played in the CFC "Other Games" forum.

Metaverse: Team will agree (at game's end) on one player under whose name to submit our game.

24/48 GotIt/Report

Four or five players needed per team. If interest is exceedingly high, we could run SG1A as well.

- Sirian
nt

Zed
Zed

November 24th, 2003, 7:49 pm #4

24/48 GotIt/Report

- Sirian
Sounds good to me!

November 25th, 2003, 7:32 am #5

24/48 GotIt/Report

- Sirian
Hi,

I'm committed to two Conquests SGs already, so I won't have time to play this one. I'll read it with interest, though, and hopefully jump into a later GalCiv SG if this format proves to be working!

-Kylearan

Zed
Zed

November 25th, 2003, 2:08 pm #6

it's only starting when the next patch comes out, whenever that is. Sounds like you'd be interested if you have the time. You might want to re-evaluate when the game starts...?

November 26th, 2003, 4:41 pm #7

Hi,

since I would definately be interested in joining you, I will see how my general SG situation is when this one begins. I guess the Rise of Rome SG could be over by then since it's limited to under 200 turns anyway.

I'm wondering how good GalCiv will be when played as a succession game, but since it worked with MoO3 it should work here too, I guess.

I haven't updated to 1.12 yet because I want to finish my current game first, so I don't know what they've changed there. What serious bugs are in there that requite waiting for the next patch?

Regarding the SG settings, I like the picks. The sensor picks should help handing over the game to the next player, and I really like the luck pick somehow - got me several free ships in my recent games (2 lucky rangers when I had just discovered the tech). I just wonder about the difficulty: Why Painful and not Crippling? With my current experimental game, I had moved back to Crippling and was deeply disappointed about how easy that was, and SGs normally can handle higher difficulties than single player games. But I would play painful as well, maybe the first SG shouldn't be too hard, since we must adapt to the concept.

-Kylearan

December 4th, 2003, 4:19 pm #8

24/48 GotIt/Report

- Sirian
I would love to see that start so I can lurk and try and understand the game better.

Note: No way I am playing, as I just started my first game at normal after I figured out some game mechanics. I had trouble with getting ships to launch among other things - didn't realize you have to force launch after building the ship. Since one turn could cost a planet this was a biggie. Not to mention no star base built do to not launching in time...

Bam-Bam
Bam-Bam

December 5th, 2003, 5:23 am #9

Having succumbed to the lure of a 4x game worth mentioning in the same breath as MOO1, not to mention another chance to play with the RB chaps---the pull for this SG is strong.

That being said--I will likely take the same position as Lee--lurking. My copy arrived today, but if I am to have any hope of completing Epic 37 (which I haven't even started yet), I will have to pass on this one right now. Of course, if the next patch occurs after the holidays.... :D

Sirian
Sirian

December 17th, 2003, 3:22 am #10

24/48 GotIt/Report

- Sirian
Patch 1.13 is now available.

Signed up players, please check in. The game will be starting promptly.

- Sirian