OT (Morrowind)

OT (Morrowind)

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

July 1st, 2003, 9:40 pm #1

Found this site today. Anyone who plays Morrowind might be interested to check out the "Personal Projects" link and download some of the fantastic head models this guy has made for the game.

http://home.wnm.net/~bgriff/index.html

Drasca
Drasca

July 7th, 2003, 2:46 pm #2

Though I'm thinking, "you just found him out now?!?!?" Some of the better modelers, skinners, and modders have come and gone now =( Motoki, Sheikizza, the creator of the Children of the Night series. Bah. =(

July 7th, 2003, 9:10 pm #3

That's what I was thinking. Good stuff, though I've never used them...

Mods - Er... the guy who made CoN is gone? Drat. Been looking for a download of 2, and was hoping 3 would come out before I started playing them. Doh.

But not to worry. It seems that some of the really huge total conversions and the like are just now approaching completion, and a quick browse of the main MW mod forums will keep you busy for days, seemingly. Life is good.

And then there's Bloodmoon, of course.

(Good to see MW getting a mention somewhere, btw. Wasn't much for NWN, but MW seemed right up the RB alley...)

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

July 7th, 2003, 11:39 pm #4

Though I'm thinking, "you just found him out now?!?!?" Some of the better modelers, skinners, and modders have come and gone now =( Motoki, Sheikizza, the creator of the Children of the Night series. Bah. =(
I was late getting MW because I wanted MP, as all of the other RPG's I have played int he last 5 years were all SP, and RPG's weren't made for SP but for groups of people to interact, IMHO.

Erm, is there anyway to get the non player characters to use some of the mod's, like Rhedd's stuff? Sure would make the game look a whole lot better.

Drasca
Drasca

July 7th, 2003, 11:47 pm #5

If you've poked around the editor enough. However, there was a NPC face replacement project by Motoki which incorporated all that for you-- saving you work of having to learn how to do things yourself.

All it involves is reassigning the default body parts skin files from normal NPC to the ones you want (Rhedd's heads presumably) in a pre-made or new mod.

Howeever as for the download... Last I checked, I couldn't find that download. I wanted to download Children of the Night 2, but it was too big at the time to do it in a reasonable time. Now... I can't find it again Bah.

*sniff. I had to reformat my MW Hard drive too, now all my old mods are gone.

Drasca
Drasca

July 10th, 2003, 5:18 pm #6

Drasca
Drasca

July 10th, 2003, 5:20 pm #7

If you've poked around the editor enough. However, there was a NPC face replacement project by Motoki which incorporated all that for you-- saving you work of having to learn how to do things yourself.

All it involves is reassigning the default body parts skin files from normal NPC to the ones you want (Rhedd's heads presumably) in a pre-made or new mod.

Howeever as for the download... Last I checked, I couldn't find that download. I wanted to download Children of the Night 2, but it was too big at the time to do it in a reasonable time. Now... I can't find it again Bah.

*sniff. I had to reformat my MW Hard drive too, now all my old mods are gone.
corrupted, bah. didn't download completely

July 10th, 2003, 7:54 pm #8

Downloaded and unzipped fine. Haven't tried running it yet, but I presume it will.

Drasca
Drasca

July 20th, 2003, 12:08 am #9

Could've been a fluke, or an error and fixed, but thanks for mentioning it Dwip.

Has anyone here bought the 2nd new expansion bloodmoon? I'm still busy avoiding the main quest on ... well Morrowind-- through Tribunal is installed.

July 20th, 2003, 3:41 am #10

np.

Yeah, I got Bloodmoon. Very very fun. It seems a bit crashhappy in comparison to Tribunal, but fun. Hopefully the patch has fixed that. Dunno yet. In any case, I was more impressed overall by it than I was with Tribunal, and I thought Tribunal was pretty good.