First Post

First Post

January 30th, 2003, 1:48 am #1

both in here and in the RBCiv Forum

Sirian
Sirian

January 31st, 2003, 9:49 pm #2

But are you going to get the game for sure?

Cyrene
Cyrene

February 2nd, 2003, 7:04 pm #3

gonegold.com is reporting that infogrames had to yank the masters back from the replication plant. evidently there is a difference between the final fab of the GF FX card and the samples that were given to the developers, and some of the textures called based on the old fab will trash the game, and nvidia is not planning to address it in the drivers.

just kidding.

psych!

anyone who was alarmed is guaranteed have a love-hate relationship with the game because they already have WAY too big an emotional investment in a piece of software 8-0.

speaking of which, i am passing on Unreal II this week. reviews put the play time at 8-10 hours. i'm not paying $5/hour to play the game. i'll catch it in the bargain bin (CC had a TR2 + TR3 bundle for $9.99 USD on friday. if it had been TR1 + TR4, i would have gotten two of them--TR2 and TR3 deserve the bargain bin 8-0).

i'll just tide myself over until TNBT (the next big thing) with Civ3, D2, and GTA3 (now is that a guilty pleasure, or what?).

unless i really buckle down tonight, my epic 21 report is gonna be a retired game. it was a lot of fun up to a point, and then became a real pita. sigh. i'm still trying to decide which will be bigger--my guilt at turning in a 75% complete game report or the pain of finishing the sucker.

as you can tell, i figure the only one reading this forum is sirian....

--Cy

ps--at least no one reamed me for a borderline insensitive post about the shuttle breakup

Sirian
Sirian

February 2nd, 2003, 11:09 pm #4

You rat bastid.

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

February 3rd, 2003, 1:26 pm #5

Sirian's nopt the only one reading this forum, just one of the few to post here thus far. (I tried to post to smegged's first post but couldn't get the reply to work (weird)).

Regarding the shuttle, it's sad news for sure, but the shuttle is (not* cutting edge unless you call something from the 1970's cutting edge. New space vehicles are on the drawing board but cost as much for one as the entire NASA department get's in a year for budget.

We need more money for space exploration, IMHO.

BTW, shouldn't the thread on MOO over in the Civ3 forum be moved here if that is possible?

February 3rd, 2003, 8:42 pm #6

gonegold.com is reporting that infogrames had to yank the masters back from the replication plant. evidently there is a difference between the final fab of the GF FX card and the samples that were given to the developers, and some of the textures called based on the old fab will trash the game, and nvidia is not planning to address it in the drivers.

just kidding.

psych!

anyone who was alarmed is guaranteed have a love-hate relationship with the game because they already have WAY too big an emotional investment in a piece of software 8-0.

speaking of which, i am passing on Unreal II this week. reviews put the play time at 8-10 hours. i'm not paying $5/hour to play the game. i'll catch it in the bargain bin (CC had a TR2 + TR3 bundle for $9.99 USD on friday. if it had been TR1 + TR4, i would have gotten two of them--TR2 and TR3 deserve the bargain bin 8-0).

i'll just tide myself over until TNBT (the next big thing) with Civ3, D2, and GTA3 (now is that a guilty pleasure, or what?).

unless i really buckle down tonight, my epic 21 report is gonna be a retired game. it was a lot of fun up to a point, and then became a real pita. sigh. i'm still trying to decide which will be bigger--my guilt at turning in a 75% complete game report or the pain of finishing the sucker.

--Cy

ps--at least no one reamed me for a borderline insensitive post about the shuttle breakup

Hi,

nobody reading this forum? Ha! As a real MoO Fan Boy, I check this Forum on an hourly basis! What I'm doing in between? Checking Apolyton, Orion Sector, moo3.com and every other hype site there is, of course! And I've preordered the game from no less than four different stores, in case there's a delay! Expect my first variant guide in this forum soon! Based on the screenshots at Apolyton, called: "The Militaristic Psilons: On Doing Pointy Stick Research With a BNM Race in MoO3"!

But now I must download another peer-to-peer network client and look if there's already a beta crack there...

-Kylearan

P.S.: Is there a reason why every RB forum behaves different? The general forum won't list the thread with the newest post first; this forum lacks the handy "view all" link for a thread...I like the RBCiv forum best so far. And I hope a new MoO3 section doesn't mean another large, slow-to-load graphic on the bottom of every forum...

February 3rd, 2003, 8:46 pm #7

Grmpf, that should have been "BN" instead of "BNM" in my post above, but this forum lacks the edit feature...

-Kylearan

Charis
Charis

February 3rd, 2003, 9:44 pm #8

Hi,

nobody reading this forum? Ha! As a real MoO Fan Boy, I check this Forum on an hourly basis! What I'm doing in between? Checking Apolyton, Orion Sector, moo3.com and every other hype site there is, of course! And I've preordered the game from no less than four different stores, in case there's a delay! Expect my first variant guide in this forum soon! Based on the screenshots at Apolyton, called: "The Militaristic Psilons: On Doing Pointy Stick Research With a BNM Race in MoO3"!

But now I must download another peer-to-peer network client and look if there's already a beta crack there...

-Kylearan

P.S.: Is there a reason why every RB forum behaves different? The general forum won't list the thread with the newest post first; this forum lacks the handy "view all" link for a thread...I like the RBCiv forum best so far. And I hope a new MoO3 section doesn't mean another large, slow-to-load graphic on the bottom of every forum...
> nobody reading this forum? Ha! As a real MoO Fan
> Boy, I check this Forum on an hourly basis! ...
> and I've preordered the game from no less than 4 stores

You're a sick, sick, puppy!!

I look forward to an SG game together :P
Charis

Charis
Charis

February 3rd, 2003, 9:49 pm #9

just kidding.

psych!

--Cy

When I read your post I had a very mild "hmmm, another delay." then thought "some folks (cough, Sirian) are going to have conniption"

And yes, your post on the shuttle was pathetic. I figured there was no benefit to commenting thusly
Besides, it fit right in with your un-posted answer to the whipping question.

BTW, each forum is a N54 forum, completely distinct from any other, with its own set of prefs. There is no 'moving' of a thread from one to another, although any 'response' or further info on MOO should go here, not in the Civ forum.

Charis

PS Is it sad that I looked up how to spell "conniption?" (A fit of violent emotion, such as anger or panic.)

Sirian
Sirian

February 3rd, 2003, 10:20 pm #10

although any 'response' or further info on MOO should go here, not in the Civ forum.

While I agree and see the appropriateness of this long term, I don't know that we should rush to sterilize and compartmentalize everything. I'm hoping to entice some of the less-persuaded and wait-and-see folks by dangling irresistible tidbits of gaming reports in front of them. You know, sort of like standing nearby and holding a feast, with juicy flavors and food smells wafting through the air, and the sounds of people eating and enjoying, causing mouths to moisten and appetites to awaken among the bystanders. Those not taking part in the feast may still opt to avoid it, but some may be sucked in against their better judgement and end up with a plate piled high and a full tummy and a huge grin and even some indigestion from overindulgence. Then we all sit around and chat about how yummy the food was.

Sure, we don't want to be rude by throwing a MOO party over on Civ's lawn all the time, but hey, Civ should lighten up a bit and not be a party pooper if MOO only gets out of hand on the first party. :p

Sirian = Yosemite Sam? Pepe le Pew? Foghorn Leghorn? Taz?!?

- Sirian