Epic ThirtyOne - Potluck Brunch - Roman Results

Epic ThirtyOne - Potluck Brunch - Roman Results

Sirian
Sirian

July 14th, 2003, 3:03 am #1

Roman players post results in this thread. You have until the end of Monday to finish playing and Tuesday to post results.

- Sirian

July 14th, 2003, 3:10 am #2

Looks like first report, too. Nifty.

Click me! Click me!
Last edited by Dwip on July 14th, 2003, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2003, 5:41 am #3

Hi,

the URL is not working. Those who want to read Dwip's report can try here.

I just have a deja-vu from RBP10a...

-Kylearan

July 14th, 2003, 6:06 am #4

This is getting ludicrous. Every Epic/SG, I break a link, every Epic/SG, you come along and fix it for me.

You'd think I'd catch on, or something...

Jester
Jester

July 14th, 2003, 7:00 am #5

Roman players post results in this thread. You have until the end of Monday to finish playing and Tuesday to post results.

- Sirian
... finished.

I'll have a report (such as it is) up later, when I get some time to go over my savegames.

My game was "The Fall and Rise of the Roman Empire".

I'd forgotten how to play this game (especially with barbarians!) for the first few hours. It got so bad I was once at two cities (!) when my opponents were pretty much at full expansion.

And yet, I won. And not even a classic gamestyle for me, either; I actually FOUGHT! Like, as in, WARS! Real ones, not just fake modern age rollovers! (I don't know what it is about the Romans, but I always fight real wars when I'm playing as them, and almost never when I'm not...)

Jester

July 15th, 2003, 5:39 am #6

- Sirian
I was Player 37 and got the Romans. This is my 1st Epic game. It's been a few days since I completed (and won) the game. Report to come shortly today when I find the time.

Jester
Jester

July 15th, 2003, 5:59 am #7

Click me! Click me!
Despite playing a radically different game from me, and winning by a completely different method, I finished only a single turn (1828) later than you!

Strange.

Jester

Sirian
Sirian

July 15th, 2003, 9:05 am #8

- Sirian
I drew the Romans in my random game. I would have preferred the Spanish, but I played the hand I was dealt.

- Sirian

Reagan
Reagan

July 15th, 2003, 1:33 pm #9

Just a few quick comments:

- We got our victory desires mixed-up. I intended to go for space and wound up with diplo, although the choice to change was mine alone and not thrust upon me, while you went the opposite route.

- The random map (I'm 99% sure Charis generated a random start) in the Chinese Defiant Nationalists game had at least two, and maybe three, one-tile islands in it.

- This was an interesting game concept. I enjoy seeing how each of the different civs performed in the various games. It's especially interesting to see how the human player's game transforms the outcome of the other three civs in each game.

July 15th, 2003, 4:58 pm #10

Click me! Click me!
I really enjoyed reading your report. Nice game.