Epic Thirty-eight: Slavetrader Mayan ECC - Now Open!

Epic Thirty-eight: Slavetrader Mayan ECC - Now Open!

January 26th, 2004, 6:50 am #1

Update- I have site access again, and the Epic's info is now on-site!

Scenario concept: ECC? Enslaved City Challenge. To found a Mayan city requires merging of an enslaved unit.

For more information, please see the main Epic Thirty-eight page.
Last edited by Grizelda on February 1st, 2004, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 30th, 2004, 10:11 am #2

Hi,

great game with lots of different options how to play it. I'm looking forward to see how others approach this scenario - great fun!

-Kylearan

February 1st, 2004, 1:07 am #3

Scenario concept: ECC? Enslaved City Challenge. To found a Mayan city requires merging of an enslaved unit.

I've edited the first post to link to the site instead of another server.

I've also linked to Epic 37's results, and updated the succesion games page.

-Griselda

DogBoy
DogBoy

February 1st, 2004, 7:18 pm #4

My brother wanted to play this game, but not for results just for fun. So after I finished mine I was helping him. Anyway, he got a great leader from an elite unit but wasn't able to do anything with it. He moved the great leader into his capitol, which was still his only city, and there was no build army button. He played a few more turns but was still unable to do anything with the leader. Finally after about 5 turns he just disbanded the great leader with the hopes of getting another one. Is there something new with great leaders that I don't know about?

Sirian
Sirian

February 1st, 2004, 8:52 pm #5

Disbanded??? Eep! Not the wise move there.

The only things that have changed about leaders are that you can't rush great wonders and you can't build an army until you have four cities. I believe you used to be able to build the first army any time, but needed four cities apiece for each army after that. Now it's four cities up front, per army.

At the very least, the leader could have been used to rush a project, such as a granary or temple. Get SOMEthing out of it. Oh well.

- Sirian

Jabah
Jabah

February 2nd, 2004, 9:59 am #6

My brother wanted to play this game, but not for results just for fun. So after I finished mine I was helping him. Anyway, he got a great leader from an elite unit but wasn't able to do anything with it. He moved the great leader into his capitol, which was still his only city, and there was no build army button. He played a few more turns but was still unable to do anything with the leader. Finally after about 5 turns he just disbanded the great leader with the hopes of getting another one. Is there something new with great leaders that I don't know about?
Shuuut, no spoilers... but I CAN tell you that you DO need 4 cities to be allowed to 'transform' your leader into an army.

Can't remember if it was that way before...

Jabah

February 2nd, 2004, 8:56 pm #7

I completed my first epic... 38. I understand that I need to report during the report window and I should not mention any spoiler information. However, should I submit my game information to someone or is that taken from my report?

Let me say I have even greater respect for those of you that play and win these epics now.

Thanks,
Bugs
Last edited by Sir_Bugsy on February 2nd, 2004, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2004, 9:20 pm #8

Welcome!

From the rules:
"Players should keep their game's final save file. Although file submission is not standard for Epics games, the game's Sponsor or an Epics organizer may request files from players for verification purposes. In addition to the final saves, players may want to keep save files from earlier points in the game to enhance discussion. Sponsors may choose to require saves at particular points in the game, although this is not standard for every event. If earlier saves are necessary, this information will be provided when the game is announced."

Translation- Most of the time, all you need to do is keep a copy of your final save file, but don't submit it unless you're asked to. I think we've had a "pop quiz" file submission for one Epic in the past, and we certainly reserve the right to ask for them in the future if that seems to be indicated.

I also personally find it interesting to be able to check my own saves during the discussion to compare my game to others'. YMMV as far as that goes, especially if your notes make more sense than mine usually do.

On Legitimate Play and Enforcement

-Griselda

edit- fixed typo and added last link
Last edited by Grizelda on February 2nd, 2004, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DogBoy
DogBoy

February 3rd, 2004, 1:57 am #9

Disbanded??? Eep! Not the wise move there.

The only things that have changed about leaders are that you can't rush great wonders and you can't build an army until you have four cities. I believe you used to be able to build the first army any time, but needed four cities apiece for each army after that. Now it's four cities up front, per army.

At the very least, the leader could have been used to rush a project, such as a granary or temple. Get SOMEthing out of it. Oh well.

- Sirian
That's just it, he couldn't do anything with the leader except move it around. I guess the only thing he could have done with it was use it to scout. I guess the 4 city rule counts towards using the great leader whether it's building an army or rushing an improvement.

Sirian
Sirian

February 4th, 2004, 12:24 am #10

!