Baited breath.....

Baited breath.....

March 27th, 2002, 5:49 pm #1

I am still looking for teh MM manual that Charis promised us this weekend.....or was tht the fish I ate last night...:)

Carbon
Carbon

March 27th, 2002, 7:01 pm #2

Dammit, I just paid my $10 preorder on Monday, how come they haven't released it yet?

Or for RBD10/22/24/CC1 to clear up the logjams so I can play sometime this week. Whichever comes first.

KingOfPain
KingOfPain

March 27th, 2002, 7:52 pm #3

I am keeping an eye on NWN too, or rather, PoO is. He is more informed and pretty active with his BG2 buds (supposedly a well respected group but I can't take the words of a 14 year old j/k - he's 15 now so I cant even tease him about 14 year olds anymore). His group even have some kind of a site up....don't be surprised if you see a RBNWN up one day.

PoO says he would probably like NWN more than WoW just by the pre-release hype so far. What do you think of those 2 games?

This is a tough, tho maybe exciting, transistional/expansion period...

KoP

Griselda
Griselda

March 27th, 2002, 8:15 pm #4

I am still looking for teh MM manual that Charis promised us this weekend.....or was tht the fish I ate last night...:)
Sorry, I received the guide on Sunday but have been holding off on it a bit while I was trying to settle a few things in my own mind as far as my vision of RB in general. Of course, that question may not have an answer, and, now that you mention it, has nothing to do with Civ3 Micromanagement, which you can now find at http://realmsbeyond.net/civ/mmguide.html

Enjoy!

-Griselda

Hammerskjold
Hammerskjold

March 27th, 2002, 8:32 pm #5

I am keeping an eye on NWN too, or rather, PoO is. He is more informed and pretty active with his BG2 buds (supposedly a well respected group but I can't take the words of a 14 year old j/k - he's 15 now so I cant even tease him about 14 year olds anymore). His group even have some kind of a site up....don't be surprised if you see a RBNWN up one day.

PoO says he would probably like NWN more than WoW just by the pre-release hype so far. What do you think of those 2 games?

KoP
You can find some more Neverwinter Nights info in here:

http://nwn.stratics.com/

A few features promised that got me interested:

- Free multiplayer, similar to other MMOG without the extra monthly bills.

- Supported user created content, modders and DM rejoice.

- Character data bank. Hopefully this is done properly and securely.

Players can setup various filters when they create their portal\game. Supposedly right down to the type of game they are running, eg: Monty haul style campaigns, to peasant poverty level.

All the promises sounds interesting. I would like to see how it actually works out when it's finally released.

March 27th, 2002, 11:28 pm #6

KoP
Supposedly, if Bioware/Infogrames are to be believed, this is a conservative estimate. You can preorder online from whoever neverwinternights.com points you to, or at any reputable computer gaming store (in my case, Babbage's).

It looks like NWN will beat Duke Nukem Forever to the store shelves, after all, which means that the DNF is now the only contender for this year's Daikatana Lifetime Development Award.

-CC

Meldor
Meldor

March 28th, 2002, 2:58 pm #7

Sorry, I received the guide on Sunday but have been holding off on it a bit while I was trying to settle a few things in my own mind as far as my vision of RB in general. Of course, that question may not have an answer, and, now that you mention it, has nothing to do with Civ3 Micromanagement, which you can now find at http://realmsbeyond.net/civ/mmguide.html

Enjoy!

-Griselda
I will ingest it with glee.....

KingOfPain
KingOfPain

March 29th, 2002, 12:15 am #8

Supposedly, if Bioware/Infogrames are to be believed, this is a conservative estimate. You can preorder online from whoever neverwinternights.com points you to, or at any reputable computer gaming store (in my case, Babbage's).

It looks like NWN will beat Duke Nukem Forever to the store shelves, after all, which means that the DNF is now the only contender for this year's Daikatana Lifetime Development Award.

-CC
It has better have major smooth game play single and multi both. The GFX left much to be desired, very 80ish when PCers were still playing with 16 (most Monochrome even) colors, and no sound (we Amiga users were multitasking 4026 colors with stereo since 84-5 )

But I promise I won't bitch if they deliver in they game play department

KoP

March 29th, 2002, 1:04 pm #9

Hey KoP, are you referring to NWN or DNF in your post??

Carbon: It seems most of the RBD games have faltered and died lately over at CF. Not sure why, if people are burnt out or just busy with the weather outside becomming better. I hope it picks back up, as it is now a few of those games out there are less developed than the earlier ones for the same amount of "real time" invested.

KingOfPain
KingOfPain

March 30th, 2002, 5:47 am #10

NWN looks worse still side by side with WoW

I hope it's all in the name of smooth game play and lower sys req.

KoP