ahahahaha

ahahahaha

June 13th, 2002, 1:28 pm #1

I found this quote while looking up a picture for a Babylon 5 starfury:

"Vir, I have only seen political naïveté this complete once before – in a speech before the Centaurum by Lord Jarno. When he was finished, we recommended that he be sterilized in the best interests of evolution. But then we remembered that he was married to Lady Jarno, so really there was no need. "

""The next day, I woke up. I saw her in the light of day, sleeping against my arm and I decided I would rather chew off my arm than wake her up."
"Oh, that's sweet."
"No, no. She had a voice that could curdle fresh milk. 'Londo!' 'Yes, dear?' 'Londo!' 'Coming, my darling. I'll be right there, my love bug.'"
Londo and Garibaldi about Londo's wife"

"I'll say a prayer for him tonight."
'He's agnostic.'
"Then I'll say half a prayer."

"And I tell you one thing. If the primates that we came from, had know that someday politicians would come out of the gene pool, they would have stayed up in the trees and written evolution of as a bad idea."

"I have been nothing but compassionate and understanding. I mean, all you had to do was to admit you were wrong and I was right and everything would've been fine."

"I thought the purpose of filing these reports was to provide accurate intelligence."
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?"

"You are having delusions of grandeur again."
"Well, if you're gonna have delusions, you may as well go for the really satisfying ones."

"Our marriage ceremonies are solemn, sober moments of reflection; also regret, disagreement, argument and mutual recrimination. Once you know it can't get any worse, you can relax and enjoy the marriage."

Last edited by smegged on June 13th, 2002, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Occhi
Occhi

June 13th, 2002, 2:17 pm #2

And I am sure I have heard it somewhere before.

Nice post.

Lissa
Lissa

June 13th, 2002, 9:03 pm #3

I found this quote while looking up a picture for a Babylon 5 starfury:

"Vir, I have only seen political naïveté this complete once before – in a speech before the Centaurum by Lord Jarno. When he was finished, we recommended that he be sterilized in the best interests of evolution. But then we remembered that he was married to Lady Jarno, so really there was no need. "

""The next day, I woke up. I saw her in the light of day, sleeping against my arm and I decided I would rather chew off my arm than wake her up."
"Oh, that's sweet."
"No, no. She had a voice that could curdle fresh milk. 'Londo!' 'Yes, dear?' 'Londo!' 'Coming, my darling. I'll be right there, my love bug.'"
Londo and Garibaldi about Londo's wife"

"I'll say a prayer for him tonight."
'He's agnostic.'
"Then I'll say half a prayer."

"And I tell you one thing. If the primates that we came from, had know that someday politicians would come out of the gene pool, they would have stayed up in the trees and written evolution of as a bad idea."

"I have been nothing but compassionate and understanding. I mean, all you had to do was to admit you were wrong and I was right and everything would've been fine."

"I thought the purpose of filing these reports was to provide accurate intelligence."
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?"

"You are having delusions of grandeur again."
"Well, if you're gonna have delusions, you may as well go for the really satisfying ones."

"Our marriage ceremonies are solemn, sober moments of reflection; also regret, disagreement, argument and mutual recrimination. Once you know it can't get any worse, you can relax and enjoy the marriage."
"That assumption was your first mistake. We have an open door policy."
"And an open airlock policy."
"Commander..."
"Sorry."

Lissa
Lissa

June 13th, 2002, 9:12 pm #4

"I used to think it was terrible that life was so unfair. Then I thought
- wouldn't it be worse if life were fair, and that all the terrible
things that happen to us come because we really deserve them?"

WarLocke
WarLocke

June 14th, 2002, 1:04 am #5

... has always been this one:

"I think we need a little mystery once in a while. Oh, and, uh, speaking of mysteries, I have a message for you. It's from someone named Kosh."
".. What's the message?"
"'When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning.'"
"Uh, thank you, Captain."

-- Lochley and Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Day of the Dead"

I can't explain why, but that exchange always resonated with me.

Lissa
Lissa

June 14th, 2002, 8:31 pm #6

Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is god. And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon control out. looking up
Just kidding about the god bit. No offense.

Lissa
Lissa

June 14th, 2002, 8:32 pm #7

... has always been this one:

"I think we need a little mystery once in a while. Oh, and, uh, speaking of mysteries, I have a message for you. It's from someone named Kosh."
".. What's the message?"
"'When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning.'"
"Uh, thank you, Captain."

-- Lochley and Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Day of the Dead"

I can't explain why, but that exchange always resonated with me.
Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations.
Ivanova is god.
And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.
Babylon control out.
looking up

Ashock
Ashock

June 15th, 2002, 5:38 am #8

Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is god. And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon control out. looking up
... sacrilegious, but I actually think that B5 was a better show than TNG, even though I liked TNG a whole lot.

-A

June 15th, 2002, 5:40 am #9

... if you thought that there was a better sci-fi than b5 :P

Lissa
Lissa

June 16th, 2002, 4:16 am #10

... sacrilegious, but I actually think that B5 was a better show than TNG, even though I liked TNG a whole lot.

-A
...that is better than ST, that being Farscape. Atleast they don't try to be pseudo-science like ST, they just go and don't worry.

If you're going to do a space based show, either go full out (B5) or don't even bother to try to explain why it works (Farscape).