Wednesday Morning

This is the forum to post anything that is off-topic, anything that doesn’t fit into the categories of the other forums. It’s also the place to introduce yourself if you're new to RG. Come on in and share a bit of news, congratulate someone, let off steam, or just say ‘good morning’.

Wednesday Morning

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

May 16th, 2018, 8:36 am #1

Lynne, I am going to Carcubuey in Cordoba. Don't know if you know it. Also do you have a recipe for cabbage pudding? I love cabbage. Yeterday was gorgeous. I managed to empty three lage pots ready for the passiflora. Two had padio budlejas in which had become pot bound, infact grown through the pot into the ground. No Body Pump this morning as I forgot to book last week. I'm 9th on the waiting list!!!!! You can book a week in advance and I usually do it just gone midnight to get a place!!! Most of today will be sowing veg, sweetcorn, courgettes, squash brassicas etc. Issy after school. Going to be a cooler day today.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

May 16th, 2018, 8:48 am #2

We're in Gran Canaria and there's just been a short shower so we're feeling quite at home. Off to see if we can get a taxi to the old part of Las Palmas which is more to our taste than expensive shops.

The sun's back out now so the suncream has been applied.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

May 16th, 2018, 8:59 am #3

Morning all

Day 2 of the car clean and it is just a matter of a vacuum round the front and replacing the mat I washed yesterday and the dash board and windows in front to finish it off.  I am not looking forward to it as we have 36C in the sun.

I shall have to translate the recipe Kitty but if you could wait I am extremely busy at the moment for a change lol . No Kitty I haven't been there. My dad and my step mum used to go a lot.

Chilli for dinner and that is already done I love the big cooks I do and freeze in the summer so it is just a matter of defrost heat and eat.

Have a good one all.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

May 16th, 2018, 9:08 am #4

Morning all, we had a busy afternoon yesterday as the  budlijah (spl ?)  bush that had nearly fallen over had to come down so we want a plum tree to replace it , so the time was spent cutting that up for th tip.
No real plans for today so will go with the flow.
Have a good one all 

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

May 16th, 2018, 9:31 am #5

Good morning all.

It is cooler and overcast today and we had a small shower of rain earlier. We are taking mum to Buckfastleigh today where we will get a steam train to Totnes, have a bit of lunch there and back by train to the car. Hopefully it will all go smoothly and will stay dry.

I pity you in those temperatures Lynne. I would hate it being that hot. Yesterday was hot enough for us here at 22 degrees. Good luck with sorting out the car. Enjoy Grand Canaria CA and Kev.

Have a good day to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

stephanelli
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
stephanelli
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

May 16th, 2018, 1:50 pm #6

I had a busy day yesterday.  There is a thing among Morris Dancers that there is sometimes a Beast connected with your side.  Maybe a horse, maybe a dragon, maybe a dog or such like.  These can be puppets, costumes, hobbyhorse style and such like.  We decided it was high time my morris side got a beast (partly because I'm now out of action with shin splints again (drat)).  After discussion with the other person who mostly runs the side, we decided on a swan because we are named after a river and a river beast seemed a good idea.  So I spent my day yesterday making a marionette swan puppet :)  (Although you'll have to wait for photos because I forgot to take any...)

Today I was at the nature reserve this morning and planning on enjoying a gentle swim this afternoon.  Shin splints are painful and require me to stop dancing for 3 weeks (I'm very sad about this), or until it no longer hurts when I dance, but swimming is a good way to still get some exercise without doing more damage.

Hope everyone has a good day!

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

May 16th, 2018, 2:29 pm #7

Shin splints sound horrendous, not something I've ever experienced, for obvious reasons.

Our temp got up to 26 Deg C and no more rain. Back for a rest as we have walked about 5 miles - not something we are used to! Planning on going off in search of tea as we haven't had lunch

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

May 16th, 2018, 4:01 pm #8

Glorious day here and spent an hour or so in the garden when my gardener came.  Then went out for lunch with the old 'computer class members' from the class I used to go to .  Lunch was a 3 hour affair at the golf club ( one of our group is a member) and we also had a viewing of the photos that two of our group took when they were in Costa Rica a few weeks ago.  Just having 5 mins before heading off to my 'well now' course - 2nd to last one after which I will come home to the garden and eventually get all my baskets planted up ( been an ongoing task! ). 
May I ask why you have to wear leg splints Stephanelli - they sound awful ☹ and, with all you do, they must be a hindrance.  Have a lovely evening folks 🙂.

Foxcub
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
Foxcub
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

May 16th, 2018, 5:50 pm #9

Miserable day here drizzle but warm.  We love good weather and spend our winters in Spain where the weather on the whole is good. Still like the UK especially as it starts to get warmer and seeing all the perrenials growing well.   
TESS

She who plants a garden plants happiness

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

May 16th, 2018, 8:51 pm #10

Ooh sorry to hear about you suffering with shin splints Stephanelli. Very painful and harder still when it prevents you from doing something you love.

Mac, the term Shin Splints describes a pain felt along the shin bone between the knee and ankle and is usually experienced by someone who does a lot of exercise such as dancers and runners. So poor Stephanelli can only rectify the problem by not dancing for a while. I used to work with someone who ran as a way to keep his weight down who often suffered with this problem.

Looking forward to seeing the Swan pics Stephanelli.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance