Wednesday 4th

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 4th, 2018, 7:25 am #1

Kitchen floor looks great Jane. It also looks like some I got for mum for her kitchen and bathrooms. It's a sort of silvery grey which we got from John Lewis. It is lovely Mac when you can just go with the body and not having to get up for one thing otr another. That's what I enjoyed most about my holiday in Spain. There was absolutely nothing that had to be done, even when you are home alone you still feel you aught to do something. Wow Parlis that certainly was an early get up and go. I bet Ellie enjoyed it. My two are washed out with the heat at the moment. On the subject of heat it is cooler and cloudier at the moment and I'm hoping it stays that way as I need to get the leeks into the ground.I've also startde, accidently another big garden project and am removing more trees and shrubs LOL

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 4th, 2018, 8:24 am #2

The kitchen looks to be nearly there Jane. We have something similar on our kitchen floor - is it sort of ridged so that when water is dropped on it it's not slippery?

It's good to be home and back in our own beds. Last night was cooler too so less uncomfortable for sleeping. This morning has started cloudy nothing like yesterday morning which was crisp, clear and sunny. Kev is planning a hair cut today and there's always the washing to be done. We were only away for two nights but it seems to generate as much washing as a whole week!

I know what you mean about garden projects Kitty, one seems to generate another and so it goes on. We got back yesterday to find some of our larger pots looking very sorry for themselves and all three bird baths were bone dry. I think our neighbour was only watering the smaller pots and hadn't noticed the others. Fortunately a bit of immediate watering soon perked everything up again. Memo to ourselves, don't plan any longer time away from home during the summer. (That will suit Kev as he's a real homebody.)

We did enjoy our visit though as our friends worked hard to come up with places we hadn't visited which they knew we'd enjoy.

I don't think we did Powderham Castle justice as I've since realised that we missed quite a bit. However it was so hot and our friends are 10 years older than us so I think we did as much as we could manage on the day. It isn't a NT building and, to be honest, it showed; although the tour we did of the ground floor of the building was excellent. Unfortunately no photographs were allowed inside as it is still the home of the owners. There is another tour of the upper floor but my friends couldn't climb the stairs to take part in that.

Powderham 1.jpg

Yesterday we were taken to Compton Castle which is a small NT property and the family are still living there; they are descendants of Sir Walter Raleigh. No photos were allowed inside the building which was a pity especially as the family actually live in the other wing.

Compton 1.jpg

The rose garden was magnificent and completely up to NT standard especially bearing in mind that there is only one gardener who is assisted by volunteers.  I'm not sure who the twit is making a fool of himself in the middle of my picture below!?

Compton 2.jpg

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 4th, 2018, 8:32 am #3

Some nice photos CA,  we did go to that one sometime ago.

The fitter is here for his last day today,  he came highly recommended and I can see why,  he has left the Kitchen tidy every night and brushed and vacuumed each night,  everything is really coming together now.

Just the infilling on the left a few bits of skirting and kickboard and the utility waste to complete and he will be done.  As you can see they moved my "little" fridge back in yesterday.

Hope fully the last photo should be tomorrow morning and then the work of sorting where everything goes will start.

ST-20185667101.jpg

Cloudy here to,  perhaps some rain later, hopefully after he has finished cutting boards.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 4th, 2018, 1:22 pm #4

It is another hot day here with no rain in sight.  Spent the morning sorting out clothes for my trip away next week just so I do not land up wearing them before I go  .  I do have lots of t/shirts and tops but short on skirts and summer trousers - need to get cracking and shorten some trousers I do have but are now too long for me as I have shrunk in height  .  One of many joys of growing older ( please not O said older and not old    ).  Off to our long term conditions afternoon but got no idea what is on apart from boccia for after our tea break. 
Jane your kitchen is looking good and I can't wait for the unveiling of the cupboard doors .  Pleased you enjoyed your time away Ca and thanks for sharing your photos.  Kitty I am down to watering my pots only now as they are asking us to conserve water as best we can I save every bit of water I can - reminder for the kettle etc and when I have a bucket full one of the plants in the garden gets some.
Right off to get ready so enjoy the afternoon folks.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 4th, 2018, 2:57 pm #5

I don't like to gloat - well, not much - but we've had rain. Actually we've not had enough to do any good in the garden. But it is much more pleasant heatwise today. I should be out working in the garden but, instead, am inside on the computer catching up with 'stuff'.