Wednesday 1st August

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:16 AM - Aug 01, 2018 #1

A few of us seem to have worries to deal with, thinking of you all. I need new glasses and they have been ordered. I've only done my distance ones, the ones for reading will be replaced later depending on funds. Off to water the allotment in a minute then I'll be putting a coat of, much needed, wood stain on the extension.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:28 AM - Aug 01, 2018 #2

Morning Kitty , all need to go to B&Q for a few bits Mainly a new shower curtain, then we will pop to the club  for a natter.
Have a good day all 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:33 AM - Aug 01, 2018 #3

We've got a trip to Dorchester Hospital this morning, but not for either of us, we're taking an elderly (even more elderly than us) friend. After that we're all going out for lunch. It is somewhere none of us has been before but it comes highly recommended so we're a) hoping we can find it as it doesn't have a website, and b) hope the food is good and to our liking.

We had a fruitful morning in the garden yesterday and it certainly looks much better - loads more to do of course but that's for another time.

Good luck with your injection today Taffy, do hope it does what it's intended to do; and I also hope that David is on the list for his op (or is it called a 'procedure' these days?) today.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:48 AM - Aug 01, 2018 #4

Lovely sunny morning here and looking to be warmer than yesterday which suited me fine.  Up early as I have the plumber in converting the Saniflow toilet upstairs into a 'normal' toilet - will be a good job done.  Then I have to get up to Sainsburys to get a new cross shredder and new tv table from their Argos section, get bread and sandwich fillers ( it is my turn for making the sandwiches for the ceilidh band tomorrow night ), go and pick up bottles and raffle prizes from various people for my exercise coffee morning on Saturday and then come home and sit down .  I really need to get out into the garden and sweep up yet again as the very strong winds/gales have played havoc.
Yes Kitty I think we are all feeling the effects of this 'age' thing.  Personally I think that old age has come an a most inconvenient time  !  Mick used to refuse to pay for opticians reading glasses and always bought cheap ones which would last him just as long as expensive ones - he was very heavy handed. 
Hope everyone has a good day and thinking of all the poorly ones. 

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

10:24 AM - Aug 01, 2018 #5

After a second night of being nil by mouth David has finally been told household on the list for surgery tomorrow! I am on early shift( 0530_1230) today so will drive straight up to Liverpool to see him, just hope there aren't any holdup in the M6 roadworks.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

7:08 PM - Aug 01, 2018 #6

Good evening 

It started off threatening rain but didn't manage it then it became a lovely day. We did a long walk yesterday and today so our legs are a bit tired. A shorter walk tomorrow I think. 

Good luck to David for tomorrow. And fingers crossed that Jack gets confirmation of a bed for Friday. 

Have a good evening to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

7:38 PM - Aug 01, 2018 #7

good evening, think i need to re-adjust my routine to include a good morning.  We have a hose pipe ban coming in on Sunday and i have a few raised borders that dry out in warm weather so had the sprinklers on for a few hours, and did a couple of car washes.  Been a warm day not alot of sunshine though